Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone been to the London Super Comic Convention?

greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
edited February 2012 in Community and Events
The London Comic Con is on this weekend but didn't know if to make the effort to go . Is there likely to be any exclusive toys/lego at this event, or is it a poor substitute for the American one?

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ didn't know there was one, also can't find anything (google search) about one happening this weekend.
    Any chance of a link?
    Don't think I could make it now, but interested to read about it.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Sorry just realised but seems to be spoken about as Comic Con but the official name seems to be "Super Comic Convention"

http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I've been there last year with my gf, "cosplayed" as Luke and Mara Jade :D
    We went at the "London Film and Comic Con" which was held last summer at Earl's Court. Is that the same one? There were a lot of people in cosplay there.. they even had a cosplay contest but a friend of mine who was with me said that the Italian one was bigger (Lucca Comics) which surprised me. I'm italian but I never went to Lucca Comics. He said that Lucca Comics takes place across the whole historic city centre while in London it is confined inside the space of Earl's Court which is not that big and there are huge crowds of cosplayers there (although most of them are anime/manga ones, less "westerners"). The photos seemed to witness that too.. but hey London's London :) We went there from Lancaster for the we.

Regarding Lego, there were a couple of sellers. But of course there were no bargains to be had. You can probably find some discontinued sets, though. Last year there was one seller selling Indiana Jones ones for example. If you are in the area it is nice to see all the people dressed up as Stormtroopers and Darth Vaders and so on :) There usually are some 1.5/2nd tier actors too. Last year they had Christopher Lloyd, Robert Knepper, the guy who was inside R2D2 and David Prowse I guess.

If it is the same one I guess it cannot really be compared to the San Diego Comic Con.
  • GalidorneveragainGalidorneveragain Member Posts: 89
    I don't think there is one in Febuary, the only one I know about is the London Film and Comic Con but thats in July, I only know because my brother is in charge of the Anime Zone.
  • joeejoee Member Posts: 42
    I remember going to one in the fall about 8 years ago and was pretty disapointed with it. I'm from Canada and it wasn't as good as one of the larger comic shows held in Ottawa. However it was neat to see indie comics and their creators. I don't recal seeing many toys though.