Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Cloud City Boba Fett devalued with the release of the new 2012 printed Boba?

samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,235
edited March 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
LEGO has a scheduled release for a Lego Skiff set in August. In the set is the CW version of Boba Fett, this time with printed legs. Will the old Boba Fett, from set 10123 Cloud City, drop in value because of this new "printed figure" release? I have quite a few of the old Boba, and am now debating whether to sell or not.

Comments

• AnseltheCatAnseltheCat Member Posts: 141
    I think either way, whether the price drops or not, Cloud City Boba Fett will always remain a fantastic minifig and quite possibly the best. Although I like the new iteration of Boba first found in the 2010 Slave 1, personally I far prefer the original. There is just something so very LEGO about it and of the course the arm and leg printing add a lot of icing to this particular cake.

Anyway, although the new Skiff set Boba will have printed legs, there is nothing to suggest that the arms will be printed, is there? I'm fairly sure this is not intended to be a Clone Wars release as the scene in question occurred in RotJ. ;)
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    If the legs were the exact same as the Cloud City Boba Fett's, I'd say that would hurt the resale value of the original. As they are not, I'm going to say the impact will be negligible to non-existent. That's my best guess, anyway.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,691
    Not to be horrible but I kinda hope so as great as the figure is its just not worth the cost. But i would expect it to but not the set as a whole. Although Jabbas palace will finally drop now
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 265
    The new Boba Fett minifig doesn't appear to have printing on the arms, which is my favorite bit of the extra printing on the Cloud City version. However, the printing on the legs does look a lot nicer on the new one.

Not sure if I'm alone on this, but I still prefer the old helmet over the newer version. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get the new Skiff and have one in hand (don't have the latest Slave 1), but I think the newer helmet is too big and too detailed so that it doesn't look like it's Lego.