Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

WANTED: Statue of Liberty Polybag 40026 (US)

collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
edited February 2012 in Marketplace
According to informaton from Bricksets main page this set will be made available at the Rockefeller Center LEGO Store in New York from the 1st March.

Can anyone in NYC or visiting get hold of these for us folk in the UK? Post or PM me? The usual applies I can either trade (Check trade thread) or paypal?

Thanks

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Ooh nice, me too please!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,207
    Yep, me as well please. One day I'll get the biggun (Set 3450) but for now this'll have to do....
  • DaddyWhaleDaddyWhale Member Posts: 130
    edited February 2012
    I'm often bad at keeping these kind of promises, but I'll try my best to help out (the Rock store is 5 blocks away). How much is the set going for anyway?
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    I plan on going to the Rockefeller center store when they come out. I will pick up a bunch and let everyone know how many I have once I get them.
    $4.99
    http://toysnbricks.com/lego-statue-of-liberty-40026-polybag-set/
    Thanks for the info (and thank you for selling me GE on your bricklink store)!

I should be able to get them on March 1 for a reasonable number of people for cost including postage and packing materials. The only thing that might get in the way is any business obligation that might take me out of the office. Be forewarned that the Rock Center store adds 10% to the online price, because they can get away with it.

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    ^ & ^^ Thanks Guys!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Thanks for all the offers of help so far, it is always much appreciated. I have cold hard cash and a healthy polybag trade list for anyone that can help, of course collect_that is first in line being the OP.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 762
    I am planning on being in Manhattan for the FLL tournament at the Javitz Center. If the store is open on the 18th I can pick up sets for folks across the pond for my cost plus shipping. I am looking for the the AC walker poly. Is that even available still in the UK?
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    ^ The AC walker wasn't available as such, it was a Facebook/ Sun newspaper competion prize. There were 10,000 given away by the sun for completing a Facebook game and then 'liking' the Sun!

I doubt many would trade since its limited availability, and even some who 'won' still did not receive their prize!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Add me to the list of wanting one :)
  • kufkuf Member Posts: 66
    Me too. Let me know when/where to pay!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,720
    I am in the US, but I know it will be hard to get these. I would like help getting at least four of them. :)
    I would be glad to help out as many bricksetters as I can. Could you pm me with some details about roughly where you live, how many you want, any special/weird instructions (has to arrive in a pink envelope...), etc?

If I'm in town that day (99% probability that I will be) I will go down to the store to buy these. All I would need from those interested is (a) a commitment to take them off my hands at cost including shipping and packing materials and (b) understanding if there's an act of God, like the store selling out...
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 224
    Will also pick some up, if any are left after @DaddyWhale and @adello25. Will post for anyone left out.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    *raises hand*

I'll take 2... would prefer to trade for them, rather than pay for them, since I'm cheap. ;) But I'll do either...
    I am glad that many of you have taken me up on my offer! I want to respond to each PM individually, but don't have the time right now (off to work). Will do so when I have a moment.

I'll try to get as many of the polybags as have been requested. But if supplies run short, I'll try to make sure that everyone gets one before fulfilling requests for multiple bags.

(And, if you want to respond to this blanket message, probably best to do so by PM.)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,482
    I could swear I posted on this thread last night that I'd like one of these, but I guess I hallucinated it :S
    Could some kind soul please pick me one up? Happy to purchase or trade. Oh, and I'm in the UK, maybe mine could be shipped with the others for either atkinsar, collect_that or DrDave??
    Thank you in advance!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Same as Lucy.
    Thought I posted, maybe the forum ate it, and also in the UK, if someone else here could receive them for me. I'd be after 2 or 3. Anything in my store is for trade. Thanks
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,237
    I'm interested in 2 or 3 and dont really have anything for trade so would be looking to just pay for them.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,720
    I sent a PM to DaddyWhale, but just in case they can't help me, I am in the US and would like 6 sets.
    PM me if anyone still wants this set. It will cost $5.49 + 8.875% taxes + shipping or can trade.
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 195
    Got mine from adello25 yesterday, I love it...thanks again!
    edited May 2012
    I just thought I'd resurrect this thread to let @DaddyWhale know that his mass consignment of 40026 Statue of Liberty sets arrived in the UK a few days ago via @Rocao.

On opening the shipping box, such was the impact of the set that I was inspired to post a review of it on my blog, although maybe "inspired" is the wrong word under the circumstances...

http://gimmelego.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/no-consolation.html

Best filed under the "so bad it's almost good" category. I think...

Thanks again for buying and sending them, guys - appreciated !

I'll make arrangements via PM to distribute the sets to those that ordered them.

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,482
    LOL ! I'm looking forward to getting mine nonetheless.
    Thanks to all involved for getting and shipping these.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on it, however pants it is !
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,657
    Lol. Was only thinking about this this morning. :-) Thanks again to all those involved.
  • mattheww888mattheww888 Member Posts: 87
    Hmm. I'm headed down to NYC for a Yankees game this Saturday. Maybe I'll swing by the Lego store and see what they've got.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 651
    I currently have two of each spare. I'll be hitting the store regularly over the summer as well to get more and make sure everyone here has access. Last trip was to help local friends who can't get into NYC easily. They're pretty cool, albeit a bit overpriced.

I'll sell or trade.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Now for yet another Lego Statue for you to search for. I apologize I don't have a set number, it was a Times Square Toys R Us grand opening exclusive. They show up on ebay on rare occasion, I paid just $7 USD incl shipping for mine last year some time. I'll go to the other computer and post a picture if I can figure out how. It will show 3450, the Statue of Liberty from the Skyline Factory set, the Toys R Us set and the collectible minifig. I don't think I've taken a new pic with the set from the Rockefeller Center Store included.
    Ok, I'm going to try this but doubt if I've got it right, it may take me a few tries.
    You can click on the picture to enlarge for a better look. The Toys R Us set is about 7 inches (17.8cm) and the Lego Skyline 5526 Statue is about 18 inches (45.7cm). I do not have a picture of all five together, and it will be difficult to do now that 3450 is on a fan designed base in a separate case. I could do the four small ones if anyone wants to compare them.
  • KottonKotton Member Posts: 55
    I have a couple of the Statue of Liberty Polybags I am looking to trade.

I'm looking for the Shadow AAF, Shirtless Darth Maul, Hulk Poly Bag, White Boba Fett to name a few. Hit me up.

I'm in the United States but I will ship overseas.
  • RainbowConnectionRainbowConnection Member Posts: 58
    I'm in the UK looking for two Statue of Liberty polybags, I just missed out on them on my trip to New York. I'm also interested in two of the New York Taxis, are they out yet??

Sadly, lacking in items to trade, so can only send money.
    edited May 2012
    The Taxis are out. PM'ed @RainbowConnection.
  • milkbottlecmilkbottlec Member Posts: 2
    I would want some as well... =] please let me know
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I would like a pair of the Taxis as well, have stuff to trade, or just buy them...
    I currently have 3 taxis and one liberty left.

Most of my wanted items have been traded for already. I'll happily cost+ship. PM me if interested.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 851
    Are they still selling this at the Times Square store? I have a friend from New Jersey going there for me ext week. I don't want him to go for nothing!
    I was there yesterday and they didn't have any on the lower level. Not sure about by the registers. When in stock, they keep them on the lower level to the left of the main entrance, centered along the wall on the far left. They also have some in the back corner of the register area.

They might have it again by the time your friend gets there.
    @MorkMan Both sets are exclusive to the LEGO Store at Rockefeller Center. These are not found at the Toys R Us store in Times Square. GIR3691 is correct as to the location of the set in the store.
    edited August 2012
    Anyone know if they still have this set at the Rockefeller store? And 40025 NY Taxi?
    My friend is going this coming weekend (or so I hope).
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 373
    My friend bought me one Statue of Liberty around 3 weeks ago, so I believe they must still have them on !
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 896
    I was at the Rockefeller store a week and a half ago and they had plenty of taxis but were sold out of the statue of liberty.
    So he has procrastinated again and he won't be going until this Saturday. Everyone cross your fingers for him to get me both sets!
    Happy news everyone. He picked up both at the store this past weekend! I get them this Saturday when he arrives in Phoenix! Thanks for the help!
    edited September 2012
    So.. Rockefeller Center has a new exclusive. It's a magnet pack with the Statue of Liberty from CMF, as well as a 2x4 light bley printed tile that says I <3 (brick) New York. Took a couple of crappy phone pics, I'll get those up shortly. I didn't pick any up because there weren't many on the shelf and tourists were picking them off as soon as they were stocked.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
  • FizzlemesexyFizzlemesexy Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2012
    The <3 tile is very appealing and was tempted to get a few for gifts/moc. I think it's been out for about 6 weeks now.

I've made a run on these already and am shipping it. I'm willing to do another run once deadlines at work calm down in about a month.
    Updating my situation. My friend did come through for me and right away I put the bags up on my shelf for display... Now reading this thread again I think I will have to go make them both... Thank you to all those that helped me out searching NY for them.