Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Thread About Nothing (General Seinfeld Discussion)

J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 392
Seinfeld is finally out there, and I'm lovin' every minute of it! So I thought it'd be nice to have a place to discuss all things Seinfeld, as well as the set, the possibilities of a Monk's in the future, and how to add characters and elements from elsewhere to enhance the set.

Some thoughts about the minifigures: After the reveal of the set, I find myself wanting a diner set as well, mainly to have a calm expression for George, but also possibly alternate faces for the rest of the cast. Elaine, Jerry and Kramer all have hair-styles long enough to feature alternate expressions, so it seems odd that they've seemingly been left out. Outfit-wise I think they hit the mark perfectly for all four, and I'm espcially happy about seeing Kramer in his lobster shirt, as I really love that on the show. I think I will try to get an extra head for Jerry if I can, so I can make a stand-up version of him to put on the little stage that comes with the apartment. The stage looks great, but it's weird seeing Jerry in just a shirt onstage. (Probably because the worlds are colliding!) What's a good torso to use for Jerry's stage outfits? Chandler Bing's from the recent apartments set perhaps?

Possibility of Monk's: Jerry's apartment has been my dream set for many years, and I'm perfectly content now that we've gotten it. I personally don't need Monk's, but I would obviously buy it if they made it. I'm very curious to see how well 21328 performs sales-wise. It probably won't sell as well as Central Perk, but who knows, it might do well enough to warrant a second set like the Friends Apartments. Just as quite a few non-Seinfeld fans seem into the new set just as a generic apartment, I'm sure a lot of people would like a generic diner, so I imagine both sets could have a lot of sales potential. What minifigs would you include in a Monk's set? The staff aren't super iconic, so I'm not sure I'd want to "waste" minifig slots on Ruthie Cohen or Larry the Manager/Owner/Cook (although including Ruthie would be a nice touch as she is the fifth most appearing character on the show, and the diner would feel more alive with some staff). As Babu Bhatt works at Monk's for one episode, it could be a chance to include him, but otherwise I think Susan, Frank Costanza and Puddy would be my main picks for minifigs outside the main four.

Existing elements to include in your set: I like the various references that are included in the set, but would of course like some more. Some existing elements I'd like to add to my set are President Business' golf club, some chinese food containers from TBBT, and a dark tan chicken for starters. Some elements I would have liked to see included that are harder to make yourself are a recoloured strudel as a marble rye and an unprinted sombrero for the urban sombrero (the one with the Piñata Boy is close, but not 100% cigar). I haven't thought too much about it yet, but I'm sure there are a lot of characters that can be recreated from excisting pieces as well, like Courtney Cox in The Wife. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with this set, adding and tweaking stuff and recreating different scenes and moments for pictures (and I'm glad I won't have to drug anyone to get to play with it).
BumblepantspxchrisSumoLegoMarshallmariopanchox17BSYellowcastle1265

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,346
    Teri Hatcher. “They’re real, and they’re spectacular!”
    J0rgenpanchox1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,089
    Sidra:  “They’re real, and they’re spectacular!”
    Minor correction...
    J0rgen
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,681
    The set is definitely sponge-worthy.
    YellowcastleJ0rgen
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,049
    If only there were somewhere to watch it while building.
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 392
    If only there were somewhere to watch it while building.

Dvd? My complete collection has gotten so much traction since I got it in (I think) '09. I'll never switch to streaming, even if it should be HD, as the dvds have great «Inside look» featurettes I always watch alongside the episodes as well as some cool deleted scenes (and some so-so deletes scenes). The Opera for instance has an alternate ending that is canon to me. Also, it comes with a coffee table book in the box!
    Speaking of coffee table books, I've been thinking about placing the Coffee Table Book of Coffee Tables sticker on a blue tile (or an old school plain blue book piece I have), rather than the provided tome, as it looks a bit heavy for a coffee table book.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 386
    edited July 9
    I look forward to building Vandelay Industries HQ.
    7BS
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,049
    What’s a DVD?
    BumblepantsJ0rgenMarshallmario
    What's a VCR? Is that like a Betamax?
    J0rgen560HeliportSumoLegoBumblepantsYellowcastlepxchrisFizyxNateMN2020datsunrobbie
    Is that what people are talking about when they mention vinyl?
    560Heliport
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,080
    I really want multiples of Newman's torso for my post office workers.
    panchox1
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,380
    edited July 11
    I really want multiples of Newman's torso for my post office workers.
    Keep an eye out on BnP... It's surprising sometimes which minifig parts they end up making available on there. 
    Russell844
  • tne328tne328 Member Posts: 7
    I'm not sure where else to post this, but between Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Friends Apartments and Central Perk, somebody should combine all of these sets into a "Sitcom Tower." Just waiting to see it show up on Reddit.
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 392
    tne328 said:
    I'm not sure where else to post this, but between Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Friends Apartments and Central Perk, somebody should combine all of these sets into a "Sitcom Tower." Just waiting to see it show up on Reddit.

I think I saw something like that on Instagram with Central Perk and the apartments stacked with a proper exterior. Would definitely be fun to see all of them in an even bigger tower!
    Probably not, because you were talking about 'Fifty Shades of Grey'.  Same material, different application.
    560HeliportMarshallmario
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,080
    tne328 said:
    I remember reading somewhere that the Dr. Strange "apartment" set lined up nicely with Big Bang Theory.
    SumoLego
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 162
    I've currently got Central Perk sitting on top of The Big Bang Theory set, but only because of space constraints. Central Perk is bigger and oddly shaped so i had to add extra columns between the 2.
    blokey9 said:
    I've currently got Central Perk sitting on top of The Big Bang Theory set, but only because of space constraints. Central Perk is bigger and oddly shaped so i had to add extra columns between the 2.
    Sounds upside down, but since you’re in Australia that’s entirely reasonable ;-)
    560Heliport
    SumoLego said:
    Probably not, because you were talking about 'Fifty Shades of Grey'.  Same material, different application.
    I just threw up in my pants.  With ma butt.
    SumoLego
    Vinyl is waterproof, so you're fine.
    Yellowcastle
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 162
    is anyone planning on widening the study area in this set? it's the only part of the set i really don't like.