Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickit app?

rcb1882rcb1882 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 10
edited July 2021 in Everything else LEGO
A friend of mine pointed this app out to me a few minutes ago. I recall seeing a review on some LEGO blog/website of a Kickstarter-esq project that purported to do single piece identification but didn't do too good of a job at it. This seems to be light years ahead of that. A quick search of the Brickset forum archives didn't turn up any hits for "Brickit", which surprised me a bit given that the app appears to have been since at least December 2019. Just curious if folks here had any experiences with it.

(edited to make link actually work)
Astrobricks

Comments

• bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    Interesting! 
    I've just tried it - it seems to work pretty well, although it doesn't seem to match colours when it gives you the build ideas.

Very clever though, and fun.

I think it will work well as inspiration for making little models with the kids, if nothing else. Just now I made a little house and a silly giraffe thing.

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,271
    A friend sent me a video clip of this working. It looks impressive, but I figured my old phone would probably choke trying to run it, and I’d have to dump a bunch of parts out all mixed up then just have to sort them again later! Maybe it works even better on knolled parts :)