Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My Wanted List is missing hundreds of sets...anything going on with the database today?

OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 673
edited June 29 in The Database
Normally I have about ~450 sets on the wanted list, today I have 59.  I didn't make any changes...is anything happening with the database today?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,346
    The usual advice is to wait until tomorrow and see if it resolves itself.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,049
    if You’re anything like me, you mistakenly bought way too much recently.
    Switchfoot55pxchris
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,891
    If it's still a problem, what's your Brickset username?
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 673
    I use "Oldfan" as my Brickset username.  24 hours later, the want list was still truncated.
    (I've bought a few items recently, but not anywhere near that many!)
    I went through and manually added everything back in; if this happens again I'll reply here again.
    I should say that all my set notes were still intact, even if the set had been removed from my Wanted List.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,891
    There's never been a data loss from the main members' collection table which incidentally currently has 35 million rows so I'm at a loss to explain what happened.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,346
    Does your spouse know your Brickset login? ;-)
    Switchfoot55
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 673
    Does your spouse know your Brickset login? ;-)

Ha! That'd be a not-so-subtle hint, wouldn't it? Possible but extremely unlikely...

Huw said:
    There's never been a data loss from the main members' collection table which incidentally currently has 35 million rows so I'm at a loss to explain what happened.

If all the sets were removed from the list, I'd chalk it up to me accidentally pushing the wrong button.  The fact that 10% remained is very weird...anyway, if it happens again I'll post here.  This is the only issue I've ever had with the site in 10+ years of using it, so I don't expect any repeats.
    Astrobricks