Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickLink Designer Program

Comments

• FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,192
    The ghost mode is pretty cool.  It's actually one of the only real tangible differences that I've seen that might make me okay with a move from paper instructions to virtual ones.  I still (and probably always will) like and want paper instructions more, but I could absolutely see ghost mode being a useful tool.
    KungFuKennyMarshallmario
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,729
    The question now is... will the instructions also be made available as a downloadable PDF for at-home printing when truly desired, or will they only live in-app.
    Marshallmario
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 596
    edited December 2021
    ^yes, the FAQ on the Bricklink site say there will be PDF versions available once the sets start to ship. I will be getting mine printed into a booklet for certain. Obviously PDF version won't have the "ghost" features etc
    pxchrisKungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,096
    Jern92 said:
    By the way, if you have the Lego Building Instructions app, the instructions for the five sets from round 1 are available to view.
    Well, now I’m even more excited (after paging through the instructions).  Not that it was really in doubt but here’s confirmation that the shield decorations are going to be stickers…
    Also, I am really liking that “ghost” mode that shows you how the part you’re working on fits into the larger model…

That's pretty cool! Too bad they don't have a version of that app for computers, just for phones and tablets...
    Fizyx
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 456
    I just installed the LEGO building app and was able to find the instructions for #910001 but it kept crashing. I guess my iPad is too old like me😏.
    KungFuKenny
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,019
    pxchris said:
    The question now is... will the instructions also be made available as a downloadable PDF for at-home printing when truly desired, or will they only live in-app.
    Yeah, at least a pdf can be stored and opened on future equipment whereas the app will be discontinued and not supported at some unspecified point of time in the future.
    drdavewatfordAddicted2OxygenpxchrisCymbelineKungFuKennygmonkey76FireFox31Yellowcastlekiki180703
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 96
    The majority prefer printed instructions I’m sure if this continues to be successful, someone will start selling custom printed booklets.
    Marshallmario
    It just occurred to me: I thought one of the reasons the Castle in the Forest wouldn't have the same minifigs in the original Ideas submission was that Lego no longer had an active mold for the hats. But... the CMF22 Bard figure has the same style of hat! It's blue, but does Lego really not have any other use for green ones?! Come on!! Give us some new forestmen figures!!!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76canon03kiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,122
    autolycus said:
    It just occurred to me: I thought one of the reasons the Castle in the Forest wouldn't have the same minifigs in the original Ideas submission was that Lego no longer had an active mold for the hats. But... the CMF22 Bard figure has the same style of hat! It's blue, but does Lego really not have any other use for green ones?! Come on!! Give us some new forestmen figures!!!
    They had a green hat in a Nexo Knights set just a couple years ago. There was a little forest robot who had a printed forestmen logo 1*1 tile on his torso.
    autolycus560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76kiki180703
    And don't forget the grey Forestmen statue in #60271 last year.
    autolycusKungFuKenny
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 434
    Just got an email to say my round 1 set orders will be shipping shortly! 
    autolycusKungFuKennyJern92gmonkey76Onebricktoomanykiki180703
    Well now y'all are making me even more disappointed that the Castle in the Forest won't have a proper Forestman!!!

And I also got an email saying they will be shipping soon and to make sure my credit card is still valid. (I already took care of that a few weeks ago to address a cancelled # due to fraud)
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • amokamok Istanbul, TurkeyMember Posts: 56
    edited December 2021
    I got an email from LEGO too. I hope everyone’s packages arrive without any damage. Can’t wait :)

KungFuKennyThe_RancorOnebricktoomanymessy
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    me too. very excited.
    OnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,109
    Woohoo!

I got my new confirmation too. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
    OnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 322
    Got mine also!! Can’t wait!! 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 456
    I got my email as well - my medieval village and castle display is all ready for the Forestmen.
    Onebricktoomany
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 285
    Same email, but I am a little concerned at the bit that says they’ll be charging my card soon, given that payment already went some time ago!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,863
    DB361 said:
    Same email, but I am a little concerned at the bit that says they’ll be charging my card soon, given that payment already went some time ago!
    As discussed earlier in this thread, that was probably a pending charge. Did you actually ever pay off the charge?
    FizyxOnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 915
    Ooh super excited. Hopefully they arrive before the big day.
    Onebricktoomany
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 285
    DB361 said:
    As discussed earlier in this thread, that was probably a pending charge. Did you actually ever pay off the charge?
    My online banking shows my balance (which is before any pending payments or money paid in e.g cheque awaiting clearance), and available amount, which takes all that into account. So when I first placed the order, the available amount went down, but not the balance. Some days later, the balance caught up, complete with expenditure to Lego Shop.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 322
    edited December 2021
    DB361 said:
    DB361 said:
    My online banking shows my balance (which is before any pending payments or money paid in e.g cheque awaiting clearance), and available amount, which takes all that into account. So when I first placed the order, the available amount went down, but not the balance. Some days later, the balance caught up, complete with expenditure to Lego Shop.
    Is the card (debit?) attached to an checking or savings account? If so the money will be taken.  If the card is a credit card it will pre authorize and the amount will be held against the credit limit on the card for usually 3 - 5 days. My understanding is that taking your existing funds in a checking/savings account doesn’t charge you anything whereas some credit cards will begin charging interest the day the purchase is made.  Thus, buyer will incur additional expense having to wait 6 months for purchased items if they carry a balance.  
    whereas some credit cards will begin charging interest the day the purchase is made.  Thus, buyer will incur additional expense having to wait 6 months for purchased items if they carry a balance.  
    First, Lego shouldn't be actually pulling funds from either debit or credit card until they ship the sets. Debit cards can have authorization charges that aren't finalized charges just like credit cards can. This is often a big problem for debit card holders because the pending/authorized charges take away from the account's available balance, even if temporarily. Gas stations are notorious for this. They often do an authorization for $100 or $150 even though the final charge is only going to be half that or less. The higher authorized amount should roll off the account's books after a few days, just like it does with a credit card.

With a credit card, the authorization should fall off after a few days. No interest can legally be charged on an authorization/pending charge. It can only be charged on a final charge. In the case of Lego's BDP, Lego should not have finalized any charges until they actually ship the sets. Therefore, nobody should have any interest expenses related to these. But aside from that, even if they did charge you back when you pre-ordered the set(s), you could easily avoid interest by simply paying that balance on your credit card.
    Marshallmario
    Which is why I never use a debit card.
    Marshallmario
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    Basty said:
    ^Your comment made me wonder when will the sets from round 1 actually start shipping.

We aim to ship orders that were placed between July 1st – August 2nd 2021 in January 2022.

Orders placed during the additional pre-ordering period between August 3rd – August 31st 2021 will be shipped in June 2022.

Looks like you missed having yours shipped in Jan, by 3 days!

June? Fuck me!
    Just seen that mine is being processed! I didn't need it this quickly, but I'm very glad I don't have to wait till June.
    KungFuKenny
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 512
    I missed getting the Safe during the initial pre-order, only being able to buy the Kakapo then. Since it was the second ordering period when I got the Safe, I assumed it would arrive much later than the Kakapo--but it seems both my sets are shipping together. Maybe TLG was able to make all the sets at the same time!
    KungFuKennyMarshallmario
    The instructions are online: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/instructions.page?utm_content=subnav

More importantly, my sets still haven't shipped!! (hehe)
    KungFuKennyCymbelineAddicted2Oxygen

povoq will be selling some of his castles on ebay, signed, in the new year. At least the profit goes to the designer, not the evil scalpers.
    Jern92Marshallmario
    (Too late to edit - apologies!)

He's already put it up, and wow, I've just seen some of the current ebay prices for these things. £500! 

Guess what - people like Lego Castles!
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    (Too late to edit - apologies!)

He's already put it up, and wow, I've just seen some of the current ebay prices for these things. £500! 

Guess what - people like Lego Castles!
    And the Forestman theme! I have no plans to sell my spare copy of this set, but those prices are crazy.  I’m still holding out hope that I could trade one of these sets for a copy of the Lowenstein castle that was released in the previous designer program - although that is a long shot  🙂.  Maybe Lego will take heed and give us some proper Forestman minifigures in the future…
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,109
    I’m just getting a little antsy that they told us they were just getting our orders ready and then left us with dead air. Presumably it’s just massively advance notice ahead of sending them out in the new year. 
    gmonkey76ShropshireSeijiAmasawa
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 96
    povoq will be selling some of his castles on ebay, signed, in the new year. At least the profit goes to the designer, not the evil scalpers.
    That's a bit harsh.  I get it, people don't like the idea of others scalping popular items, but I wouldn't call it evil.  These aren't essential goods.
    If aftermarket prices remain high, then I'm sure some owners who had intended to build the set will instead put it up for sale. 

1265arathemisbricktuary
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 160
    Or people could just buy the generic parts which these sets use to build them.  Bonus points for printing their own stickers.  Beyond that, the only thing collectable is the box.
    Granted, I'm super excited to get my castle.  One of the Forestmen sets which inspired the design was the only Castle set I had as a kid and I loved it.
    ericb
    ericb said:
    That's a bit harsh.  I get it, people don't like the idea of others scalping popular items, but I wouldn't call it evil.  These aren't essential goods.
    If aftermarket prices remain high, then I'm sure some owners who had intended to build the set will instead put it up for sale. 

Yeah you're right, bad choice of words, it was certainly meant tongue in cheek.

In all honesty if I had the set in my hand and someone offered me £500 cash it's a no brainer, there's no way this set is worth £500 to me. It's only the horror and hassle of dealing with eBay that would stop me selling it. Indeed given my sets backlog and lack of display space (due to getting cats!) I might end up selling some sets next year so wouldn't want to appear like a hypocrite should this be one of them.

Definitely some were bought with the sole intention of flipping them though. 
    KungFuKennyericbMarshallmario
  • KapiteinkrunchKapiteinkrunch NetherlandsMember Posts: 2
    I missed the first batch that got sold out, did manage to buy the pursuit of flight the second time, just got my mail from Lego they are getting it ready.
    Can't wait so excited!
    KungFuKenny
    I just called Lego CS because I used PayPal to purchase the Fishing Boat and a card expiring this month for the Bowling Alley.

He said that the Paypal authorisation should still be OK by the time they ship, but if not, I'd probably get an email from PayPal at some point. This sounded a bit wishy-washy for my liking, plus I'd probably miss the email anyway. So I just changed both orders to a new debit card which was surprisingly quick and painless.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,706
    So I just changed both orders to a new debit card which was surprisingly quick and painless.
    I'm in the same boat and was wondering what the best way to avoid disruption to my orders might be. Did you ask LEGO CS to replace Paypal as the means of payment, or did you change the primary card on your Paypal account? 
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,074
    edited December 2021
    The Castle is selling for over $700usd on eBay all ready! Hurry up and deliver mine please. If the prices climbs much higher I will have a hard time keeping it.
    Did you ask LEGO CS to replace Paypal as the means of payment, or did you change the primary card on your Paypal account? 
    Both orders have been changed to my new card so I cut PayPal out of the loop completely.

I normally use Paypal when buying things from Lego because, in my experience, it's less likely to go wrong.
    drdavewatford
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,210
    Just got an email saying my Retro Bowling Alley was crowdfunded and is expected to ship August 2022.
    MarshallmarioKungFuKennykiki180703
    Just got an email saying my Retro Bowling Alley was crowdfunded and is expected to ship August 2022.
    Same, just reading the email subject, I got super excited and thought my round 1 sets were shipped. The excitement was short lived. 
    KungFuKenny
    Same, except for the aquarium since that's the only set I ended up ordering.
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 160
    The Castle is selling for over $700usd on eBay all ready! Hurry up and deliver mine please. If the prices climbs much higher I will have a hard time keeping it.
    In the short term as the supply increases, prices may drop.  In the long term, prices will continue to climb like any others.
    What is the price history and availability of the first BLDP sets?  eBay has two Science Towers sold for around $140 and three for sale around $270.  Not great for a $130 set.  No matter, I'm keeping mine.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 868
    I got an email and it’s showing the Lego Store twice, even though I only pre-ordered one. Is anyone else seeing double in their emails?
    My email only shows the one Lego store I ordered.
    I just got charged 39.99 for the Safe from round 1, so must be shipped very shortly
    KungFuKenny
    My 2 round 1 sets, are now showing as "In Warehouse". *squeals*
    KungFuKennyThe_Rancor
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    edited December 2021
    Basty said:
    My 2 round 1 sets, are now showing as "In Warehouse". *squeals*
    This got me excited and I went and checked my Lego account but no luck here. Does anyone know where they finally decided to ship these sets from? The initial round (a couple of years ago) was from California, but I remember hearing that this new round would be shipped from Europe?
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 596
    ^ ditto. I had to update payment details however they are now showing as "in warehouse" too.

Also note that the PDF instructions are now available to download versus the app ones.. they are here Designer Program 2021 Instructions [BrickLink]
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,175
    My payment has appeared on my bank account, and the status is 'in warehouse' too :)