Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickLink Designer Program

Comments

• Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 868
    Brickchap said:
    No hope of ever getting these in Australia. :( Shame. What happened to the train station, did it ever go into production?
    What do you mean? These sets are shipped to Australia too.

The train station will be in the next round of crowdfunding.
    Brickchap
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 626
    @Jern92 Thanks for the info regarding the train station. Any ideas of how much it will cost yet?

You are correct that officially the sets can be shipped to Australia, but thanks to the time difference one has no hope of securing a set as they sell out extremely quickly, usually at some ungodly hour over here.

Personally I dont think one should have to get up at like 1am just to try and get some Lego set which you will most likely miss out on anyway.
    I'm guessing it's going to be around USD300, similar to the Ruined House and Venetian Houses, purely due to the piece count. Hard to tell until it's officially announced though.
    Brickchap
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 596
    edited November 2021
    Anyone else had their order cancelled ? Mine was for 1 x Modular store and 1 x science adventures.. I appreciate the science didn't make it - but the entire order is now showing as cancelled.
    Saga continues.. TLG confirms they cancelled the entire order not just the item that didn't make the threshold. So far refusing to reinstate as it's "sold out". I've pointed out I ordered it 20 mins into launch when it wasn't sold out or even at the minimum threshold let along the maximum..

so far this is about as far as i've got...... quote from email "I’m so sorry! I know there are some other great BrickLink Designer sets that did meet their funding and are currently still taking pre-orders – my favourite is the Retro Bowling Alley! You can find them on our website!"

so basically, tough - go buy something else.
    FireFox31PDelahanty
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    edited November 2021
    Saga continues.. TLG confirms they cancelled the entire order not just the item that didn't make the threshold. So far refusing to reinstate as it's "sold out". I've pointed out I ordered it 20 mins into launch when it wasn't sold out or even at the minimum threshold let along the maximum..

so far this is about as far as i've got...... quote from email "I’m so sorry! I know there are some other great BrickLink Designer sets that did meet their funding and are currently still taking pre-orders – my favourite is the Retro Bowling Alley! You can find them on our website!"

So to point out the obvious... now that your order is cancelled, Lego is only planning to ship 9,999 of the 10,000 they are making? So can they ship you the one they'll have left over? Or... you know... just reinstate the order (insert face palm emoji).
    Jern92PDelahantyMarshallmarioYellowcastlekiki180703
    ^ I agree and made that point too... I've just been through it again with 2nd agent and they were same i.e. tough but please spend your money on something else.. they have gone away to discuss internally.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 434
    Brickchap said:
    No hope of ever getting these in Australia. :( Shame. What happened to the train station, did it ever go into production?

That is coming in round 3. No date has been set yet for when that starts.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,096
    edited November 2021
    Anyone else had their order cancelled ? Mine was for 1 x Modular store and 1 x science adventures.. I appreciate the science didn't make it - but the entire order is now showing as cancelled.

OK... wow... well... that changes the entire ordering strategy, doesn't it? I guess this is a good warning for Round 3 (and any future rounds that happen). Order each set separately unless they've already passed the 3k threshold and are fully greenlit.

As for your current situation, it sounds like it might be time for you to ask that this be elevated to a supervisor or maybe even higher up the food chain than just customer service. This is an inexcusable result.

EDIT: And you can't possibly be the only person that has had this happen.
    Jern92fy222PDelahantyYellowcastle
    ^ that's where it has gone - to a supervisor... I am at the "expect an email from me within an hour.........." now 4+ hours. it's very much a First-World problem to be fair, so happy to wait it out and not chase. There's more to life than a Lego set. as say if I do order any more in R3 i'll do one per order...
    PDelahanty
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 322
    Hmm... I ordered 4 of the sets. The calendar didn’t reach the funding goal and was canceled as shown.  It also didn’t receive an item number. But the other set without a number is the LEGO store mod and shows it is still “in process”.  Hopefully it doesn’t get canceled or for that matter neither does the whole order.
    Astrobricks
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 160
    How do you change the funding source for a BLDP order that's in progress?  The credit card I used to place my round 1 and round 2 orders was fraudulently used, canceled, and reissued with a new number.  I need to be sure TLG allows me to change to the new card before they run the card.
    FireFox31 said:
    How do you change the funding source for a BLDP order that's in progress?  The credit card I used to place my round 1 and round 2 orders was fraudulently used, canceled, and reissued with a new number.  I need to be sure TLG allows me to change to the new card before they run the card.
    Call customer service. They did it for me in a similar situation. You’ll need VIP number and order numbers to make sure they make the change to the correct orders. Obviously you’ll also need to have the new card on hand for number, expiration date and CVV.

You can’t do it by chat or email. Only phone.
    FireFox31KungFuKennyBrainsluggedJern92fy222kiki180703
    FireFox31 said:
    I'm glad you asked that. I think I paid one with PayPal (which I assumed could be a problem anyway) and the other with a card that expires next month. I guess a phone call is in order.
    ^ Saga continues: Pretty sure i'm being fobbed off now. Note my order was placed within a few minutes of it opening for purchase, which was several hours before it hit minimum threshold and several hours before the UK/EU allocation ran out.

latest response:

I do apologize for the cancelled order item, 910009 the LEGO® Store Modular.

Bricklink Design Program was super popular. Many orders were placed at the same time. It was available when you placed an order but by the time it hits our system after going through few systems, it was sold out.

I wish to reinstate the order but it's totally sold out.

^ Saga continues: Pretty sure i'm being fobbed off now. Note my order was placed within a few minutes of it opening for purchase, which was several hours before it hit minimum threshold and several hours before the UK/EU allocation ran out.

latest response:

Bricklink Design Program was super popular. Many orders were placed at the same time. It was available when you placed an order but by the time it hits our system after going through few systems, it was sold out.

Well that sucks. But it's obviously an IT issue rather than a CS issue. And that should make you feel afraid. Very afraid.

latest response:

It still doesn't make sense, unless your order was somehow cancelled as soon as the other item failed to meet the threshold, which was when the LEGO Store was still available for purchase, and the system then released the one you ordered back into the pool of available sets. Because the LEGO Store definitely didn't sell out particularly quickly; if I recall correctly, it took a day or more.
    Jern92 said:

latest response:

It still doesn't make sense, unless your order was somehow cancelled as soon as the other item failed to meet the threshold, which was when the LEGO Store was still available for purchase, and the system then released the one you ordered back into the pool of available sets. Because the LEGO Store definitely didn't sell out particularly quickly; if I recall correctly, it took a day or more.

I believe with round 1, each region / country had a certain number of sets because it could have been sold out in UK, but still be avalible in US for example. Not sure if that changed for round 2.
    latest response:

This is where good customer service would offer to buy you a scalped one off eBay and deliver it to you as promised.  Or at least send you the pile of parts necessary to build it from Bricks And Pieces.
    Jern92
    FireFox31 said:Or at least send you the pile of parts necessary to build it from Bricks And Pieces.
    That would be a relatively simple solution. Especially as these aren't going to come with any instructions or rare parts.
    Jern92gmonkey76kiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,018
    It is because customer service workers can only order what is in the system showing as available. It sold out and then they cancelled the order. CS can't place a new order for you as it is sold out. Someone at LEGO would have to mark it as available again for them to place a new order, but of course someone else will jump in and buy. CS don't really have any power here. LEGO's systems are pretty crap when it comes to things like this.
    AstrobricksKungFuKennygmonkey76kiki180703
    edited November 2021
    As I said earlier, i'm disappointed but ultimately it's a first-world problem. Anyway, to their credit they just telephoned a few mins ago to explain how it got cancelled (a plausible explanation) and why they can't reinstate (again plausible)... and to provide something to ease the disappointment. So we'll consider it closed... but absolutely think if I did R3 i'd place individual orders.
    drdavewatfordReesesPiecesJern92AstrobricksKungFuKennyPDelahantygmonkey76Yellowcastlekiki180703
  • jcb193jcb193 Member Posts: 158
    edited November 2021
    So how exactly will these look?  Will it be an official lego set, or will it just be a bunch of random parts in a bag with a digital file for build instructions.

More importantly, will this look like a lego product, or a random MOD off of ebay.  

tdlr;  Will there be a significant aftermarket for these?
    jcb193 said:
    So how exactly will these look?  Will it be an official lego set, or will it just be a bunch of random parts in a bag with a digital file for build instructions.

More importantly, will this look like a lego product, or a random MOD off of ebay.  

tdlr;  Will there be a significant aftermarket for these?
    There are lots of unboxing videos on YouTube. Plus this video shows the warehouse and parts sorting from a couple of years ago.

Jern92
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 66
    It says in multiple locations and by multiple people that your card isn't charged straight away. I'll give you one guess what happened when I placed the order. Just wow.
    It says in multiple locations and by multiple people that your card isn't charged straight away. I'll give you one guess what happened when I placed the order. Just wow.
    My card had a pending charge, but that's not a real charge. That's essentially just Lego verifying that it's a valid credit card and that the charge would be within my credit limit. Pending charges drop off within a few days if they're not verified as final charges. None of mine have shown up as full charges that I actually have to pay. Is there a chance you saw a pending charge rather than a full one?
    KungFuKennystluxJern92gmonkey76Marshallmariokiki180703
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 66
    autolycus said:
    My card had a pending charge, but that's not a real charge. That's essentially just Lego verifying that it's a valid credit card and that the charge would be within my credit limit. Pending charges drop off within a few days if they're not verified as final charges. None of mine have shown up as full charges that I actually have to pay. Is there a chance you saw a pending charge rather than a full one?
    You're probably right. It's probably just a pending charge but it does look like an actual charge with the balance being lower etc. People may want to use debit cards where you plan to put the money in on a certain date.
    autolycus said:
    You're probably right. It's probably just a pending charge but it does look like an actual charge with the balance being lower etc. People may want to use debit cards where you plan to put the money in on a certain date.
    That isn't how it works. The pre authorisation comes off the balance, then gets put back on later. So you need the money in the account at the time of ordering and at the time of final payment. Here there is long enough for the first payment to drop off before the second payment. But if the dispatch time is fast then in some cases the final payment can be made before the pre authorisation is refunded.  Some cards convert the pre authorisation to final payment, but that is not possible six months later.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,706
    What happens if the lead time from order to dispatch is so long that the credit card expires in the interim?
    What happens if the lead time from order to dispatch is so long that the credit card expires in the interim?

I just had to cancel my credit card for fraud yesterday, so be interesting to see what happens when my orders ready to ship.
    I'd assume as the transaction is handled by Lego, it will be the usual "problem with order, please contact customer services"
    Lego won’t be able to charge your card and so they won’t ship the order until you call CS and give them updated card info.

You can also call CS now and give it. They can change the method of payment on a preorder over the phone, but not through chat or email.
    KungFuKennyMarshallmarioFireFox31kiki180703
    Yeah, they will either email you and ask for updated details or cancel the order. These sets will have more than average CC problems like that due to the delay. It might be a good idea to update them your self.
    drdavewatfordBasty
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,863
    I believe for some things, or some retailers (Amazon for example), if you have a card on file with them and it expires, they get an update from the CC company with the new info. I have no idea how the mechanics or various permutations work out, but I’ve seen this with my own cards before.
    drdavewatfordKungFuKenny
    I think here (UK) you have to update your details yourself. I just did mine on amazon (end of October). They marked the old one as expired in my account. They did send me about 15 warnings saying it was to expire in the previous couple of months though.
  • HugeBlueBrickHugeBlueBrick At my PCMember Posts: 31
    edited November 2021
    I tried to place a (pre-)order when there was not enough money on my Debit card. I contacted CS who told me you needed the money on the card when the order was placed, but if you waited 30 days then the money became available to you again. The money has to be on the card when the sale eventually takes place, but they will warn you when the time is approaching.
  • wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 329
    I've only just checked my orders, these 2 have been cancelled, any idea what their names are?

SKU: 6398252 - £219.99
    SKU: 6398211 - £179.99

Hopefully it's just due to them not qualifying for production?

£219.99 sets were Ruined House and Venetian Houses, so assume 6398252 is the former

6398211 - £179.99 set was Seasons in Time Calendar
    YellowcastlewiggyKungFuKenny
    The video linked above of the previous BLDP was really interesting.  Of note, they held extra copies of sets back in case people needed to have them replaced.  They even left the hand written number blank so they could reissue the exact number of the one with the problem.
    The hand numbering was the most surprising aspect of the first BLDP.  Had I known they'd be numbered, I would not have waited 10 days to place my order.  I really hope the new ones are numbered, especially since I ordered mine in the first 10 minutes.
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    edited November 2021
    I pulled out my Western Saloon to see what number it was…

I had forgotten how nice the packaging was for the original program…

The surrounding wrap packaging was able to be used as a backdrop for the set, and the box was a nice solid cardboard with Bricklink printing on it. The sets also included a commemorative 60th anniversary Brick and printed instructions.  Here’s hoping the new sets surprise us with their quality (although the lack of printed instructions is already a negative in my opinion)…I guess we will see in a month or two when the first round sets get shipped. I’m really looking forward to seeing my Forestman’s castle!
    gmonkey76Fizyxrd1899MarshallmarioFireFox31kiki180703
    Remember it is now a completely different scheme to the first time BL did it. That was before LEGO owned BL, and LEGO had nothing to do with the sorting, picking, packing, packaging or distribution. They just sold the bulk parts to BL.
    stlux
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,724
    I had forgotten how nice the packaging was for the original program…

The surrounding wrap packaging was able to be used as a backdrop for the set, and the box was a nice solid cardboard with Bricklink printing on it. The sets also included a commemorative 60th anniversary Brick and printed instructions.  Here’s hoping the new sets surprise us with their quality (although the lack of printed instructions is already a negative in my opinion)…I guess we will see in a month or two when the first round sets get shipped. I’m really looking forward to seeing my Forestman’s castle!
    They really did go above and beyond in making the packaging very nice for the round 1 sets. I however do not expect anything close to that for this current batch. I too will be interested to see how these ones come out. I know you'll do it anyways, but please do post pictures once you get yours @KungFuKenny.
    KungFuKenny
    It's truly a shame that they aren't including printing instructions. That is probably my biggest disappointment with the program. I know printing is expensive, but surely 3k-10k prints would make the cost palatable.

I kind of expect they'll use lift-lid boxes still, but maybe not include the nice printed sleeve. I think from a small-batch assembly process, that style box is surely preferable to Lego's typical sealed boxes. I would prefer the lift-lid style, but I won't be upset if it's a typical box, as long as it's at least taped instead of glued with punch holes.
    Fizyxgmonkey76KungFuKennyMarshallmariokiki180703
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,044
    The brick fan has images of the boxes up and they look similar to the first Bricklink releases.  Can't tell what type of boxes it will be though.
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/bricklink-designer-program-round-1-official-images/
    gmonkey761265KungFuKennyThe_RancorbricktuaryYellowcastle
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    Those look good, but it’s hard to tell from the renders if they have the wraparound sleeve or not.  Something else that caught my eye was that some may ship in December 2021?  Was it ever clarified where these would ship from?  Last time was California, but I believe the new round was going to be Europe?
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,049
    Those look good, but it’s hard to tell from the renders if they have the wraparound sleeve or not.  Something else that caught my eye was that some may ship in December 2021?  Was it ever clarified where these would ship from?  Last time was California, but I believe the new round was going to be Europe?

These are 100% wraparound sleeves.  I would prefer one without a sleeve, but they still look good and sharp.

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,108
    Not only do the box designs look nice, but the newly rendered images of the actual sets going in them really do the designs justice - the Castle in the Forest looks fantastic and I’ll look forward to getting one, maybe in December, maybe in January. Who knows.
    KungFuKenny
    1265 said:

These are 100% wraparound sleeves.  I would prefer one without a sleeve, but they still look good and sharp.

Are you sure? They look like they'll be standard boxes to me. I would actually prefer a sleeve with a lift-lid box vs. just a basic taped box.
    Marshallmario

By the way, if you have the Lego Building Instructions app, the instructions for the five sets from round 1 are available to view.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76stluxFizyxCymbelinekiki180703YellowcastleMarshallmario
    Jern92 said:
    By the way, if you have the Lego Building Instructions app, the instructions for the five sets from round 1 are available to view.
    Well, now I’m even more excited (after paging through the instructions).  Not that it was really in doubt but here’s confirmation that the shield decorations are going to be stickers…
    Also, I am really liking that “ghost” mode that shows you how the part you’re working on fits into the larger model…

pxchrisFizyxCymbelineautolycusMarshallmario