Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Instructions - 10278 Police Station

klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 726
When I went to file these instructions, I noticed that there is no set number, or set name printed on the front of the instruction booklet.  I checked a few large 2021 Star War's sets and saw the number on the instructions.  Hopefully, this was just an oversight for 10278.  Are there other sets with this essential information missing from the instruction book cover?  The booklet just isn't as attractive with my hand printed sticky note.

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,865
    I don't own it myself, so this is just going from a little research. But from the online pictures I can find of the manual, they all appear to be missing from the booklet for this set. 

I know there are sometimes differences between EU and North America sets as to some of this information being gone, but I've always thought that was more just on the box. 
    Astrobricks
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,028
    It's missing from a few 18+ sets: I noticed it was not on the Everyone is Awesome book.
    Astrobricksklatu003
  • TurezTurez GermanyMember Posts: 9
    klatu003 said:
    Are there other sets with this essential information missing from the instruction book cover?  The booklet just isn't as attractive with my hand printed sticky note.
    From what I have seen so far it's unfortunately missing from all 18+ sets. A very weird design choice if you ask me, especially because they still have those ugly QR codes on the cover. But apparently it's not an issue for many fans as I don't have seen many complaints about it yet. However, it means if you don't keep the boxes you will loose that essential information (maybe good for Brickset as more people will need to find out set numbers in the future?).

klatu003
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,273
    Is the set number really absent from the entire instruction book? I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t slip it in somewhere, maybe in small print, just not on the cover.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 520
    For #21325, Medieval Blacksmith, the only mention of a set number is under the heading "LEGO blacksmith sets" on page 6. You really had to be looking for it. I haven't checked any of the other "adult" sets but I really don't understand why the set number needs to be such a mystery.
    Astrobricksklatu003
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 330
    I agree ... those stupid postit notes on the cover are definitely unsightly but am glad I have done it. I can always come here to Brickset or go to the Lego.com site to find out a number but there is no reason for it. If they think the aesthetics are so important they could at least put it on the back or inside the cover.
    Astrobricksklatu003
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,865
    ...you all don't just remember the set numbers for each set you build?
    gratefulnat560Heliportpanchox1klatu003