Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Can I sort by my most owned piece?

ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
Is it possible, to sort by 'most owned piece' quantity? (1000 3001s, etc?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,891
    Yes, https://brickset.com/parts/mycollection-Owned, then select qty owned from the sort by drop-down.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
    Thanks, @Huw! Wow, that was a surprising result! 
    What, you mean it wasn't black Technic pins? :-)
    Switchfoot55JudgeChuckAstrobricksBumblepantsdatsunrobbie
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,441
    I don't even have that much Technic, but black Technic pins are *still* my number 1 part! Apparently, I have 1,561 of them. Dear me!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,346
    edited June 17
    I have over 6900 of them, beating the next most (3M friction pin) by over 4000!
    4143005 is surprisingly high on the list.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 712
    Huw said:
    What, you mean it wasn't black Technic pins? :-)
    No, it was https://brickset.com/parts/6123809/brick-1x2x1-2-3-w-4-knobs. Black Technic pins are 2, at 1198. I expected 1x1 plates...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,059
    It's number 1 for me too, with 7030 of them.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 703
    Huw said:
    Yes, https://brickset.com/parts/mycollection-Owned, then select qty owned from the sort by drop-down.
    Hmm, why does this return "0 parts found" for me? I presume it's not only counting parts that you've marked individually as owned, but is meant to count across the sets you've marked as owned?
    ^ Only if you've enabled the option https://brickset.com/profile/preferences 'Enable parts collection functionality'. It generates too much data to have it on by default for everyone.
    benbacardi
    25,121 Black Technic pins here!

@Modeltrainman, you presumably have a lot of BrickHeadz!
    Switchfoot55AstrobricksModeltrainmanYellowcastlepxchris
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,441
    Huw said:
    I know you like your Technic, Huw, but that's bonkers! :-D
    pxchris
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 703
    I have a measly collection compared to the majority of you, but the Mickey Mouse Art mosaic has pushed the 1x1 round white tile to the top of my list, closely followed by the other colours…

Huw, 25,000 pins is ridiculous. Do you know where they all are? ;) 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,465
    That 25,000 is just the official inventory, correct? So how many spares do you have?
    Astrobricks
    Probably double that figure in total, if all those in bulk buys and 'Brick Boxes' from fan weekends are taken into account.

I I don't know where they all are but I do know where enough of them are to build with when needed!
    Astrobricksbandit778560HeliportdrdavewatfordMr_CrossDeMontes
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,241
    Interesting. Mine is also https://brickset.com/parts/6123809/brick-1x2x1-2-3-w-4-knobs

725 of them? I have a lot of BHz, but not THAT many? 
    Huw said:

@Modeltrainman, you presumably have a lot of BrickHeadz!
    I DID buy 10 Donalds, before we knew about Scrooge, Daisy.
    Also,@Huw, since it's applicable in this thread, how hard would it be to import lists from BL orders, like Rebrickable does? I'd like Brickset to have my master record, but it seems off on what I have.

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,984
    This really quite cool. For me all the usual suspects are there (technic pins and 1x2 plates), but the slight anomaly is the radiator grille in grey - in at number 8 with nearly 600 of them (more than 2x3 plate in the same colour, for instance).

Then I realised - it's all the Star Wars greebles.
    KungFuKenny
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,637
    edited June 18
    It appears that black Technic pins are also my most owned element - I have 33,855 of them. My second and third most owned elements are also Technic pins and connectors, which is surprising since I'm not even a very big Technic fan....

It's a sobering thought that the number doesn't even include loose elements - I'd also appreciate the opportunity to import my loose elements (from Peeron, in my case).

For the record, positions 4, 5 and 6 on the list are 1 x 2 plates (light bluish grey, black and white).
    KungFuKenny
    Importing could only work if part numbers are consistent and unfortunately that's not the case. We use official LEGO numbers, everywhere else uses something else, usually a hybrid of their own numbering system and LEGO's.
    We need Grand Lego Unification (GLU)!
    edited June 18
    MaffyD said:
    This really quite cool. For me all the usual suspects are there (technic pins and 1x2 plates), but the slight anomaly is the radiator grille in grey - in at number 8 with nearly 600 of them (more than 2x3 plate in the same colour, for instance).

Then I realised - it's all the Star Wars greebles.
    Same here, except it’s mostly the tan grilles from my three #21046 ESBs.
    MaffyDKungFuKenny
    Huw said:
    Importing could only work if part numbers are consistent and unfortunately that's not the case. We use official LEGO numbers, everywhere else uses something else, usually a hybrid of their own numbering system and LEGO's.
    That's too bad, really. Brickset has been by far the best part collection manager! No wonder getting a part number from Brickset often fails in Stud.io! 
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,049
    We need someone to build a Rosetta Stone.
    Modeltrainmanscottdd2
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 673
    We need someone to build a Rosetta Stone.

Agreed; most of the sites already have color charts that span all the popular sites' names, it would be great to do the same for part numbers (especially printed parts).  I imagine that a certain brick reselling site's policies of content ownership prevents this from happening at the present time...LEGO certainly doesn't help by changing their part numbers every time they use a different mold tool as well!