Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modular Police Station 10278 – Connecting Pins.

LegoStevieGLegoStevieG UKMember Posts: 8

Hello

I have just completed Modular Police Station 10278 and realised that the connecting pins usually included in Modular buildings were not included.  This didn’t bother me as I don’t use the pins any way. I just put the buildings side by side on a shelf without the pins. This set me wondering

1.    how many of you use pins to connect buildings and how many place buildings side by side without pins

2.    Why did Lego omit the pins in this set.

Stephen

Comments

• mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 544
    They show in the parts list, so maybe they are missing in your set?
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,067
    Sounds like a cost-cutting measure akin to the half-penny scheme in Superman III.
    mustang69gmonkey76madforLEGONateMN2020Brainslugged
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 757
    edited June 2021
    I got pins with mine.  I don't use them.  If I do want to line them up at events/displays I use Technic axles.
  • LegoStevieGLegoStevieG UKMember Posts: 8
    Yes they do show in parts list, but those two are used elsewhere in the model
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    edited June 2021
    Yes I noticed that, but it's not a big deal as I have literally thousands of the things. I also don't bother to connect them all with pins anymore - when you have 13 or 14 it becomes somewhat cumbersome to do so!
    Astrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,067
    Yes I noticed that, but it's not a big deal as I have literally thousands of the things. I also don't bother to connect them all with pins anymore - when you have 13 or 14 it becomes somewhat cumbersome to do so!
    And if one falls off the table, then they ALL will...
    gmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,233
    SumoLego said:
    And if one falls off the table, then they ALL will...
    That’s how consistency of manufacture works. And gravity :)
    SumoLego
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 544
    Sorry, I should have checked the actual instructions to see where they were used. Like @SumoLego said, maybe this is just a way for them to save a few cents since they probably figure most people have a ton of extras.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Very interesting, thanks.  Like @Paperballpark said, I’ve been considering not using them anymore as it makes it very difficult to update/edit a layout.
  • PisceanPetPisceanPet UKMember Posts: 43
    I thought it was odd that there weren't any included too and I do usually use them. Saying that I have my buildings in blocks of 3 or 4 so there are always some spares.