Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Ice Castle revealed!

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 4,168
edited June 1 in Brickset.com articles
The Ice Castle revealed!

It's a busy day for news and set reveals today! Here's another one for you: 43197 The Ice Castle, a 1709-piece model of Elsa's palace that will be released on 1st July priced at £199.99 / $199.99 / €209.99.

It comes with mini-dolls of Anna, two versions of Elsa -- one in her coronation look, and one in her iconic outfit, Kristoff and Olaf, plus 4 LEGO Snowgie figures.

Continue reading »

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,945
    I hate that I want this.
    AstrobricksBumblepantspanchox1msandersdatsunrobbie
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,255
    @SumoLego, you have to "Let it go".  :)
    Astrobricks560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKennymadforLEGOYellowcastlemsanders
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,165
    edited June 2
    So much trans light blue <drool> 
    560HeliportSumoLego
    bandit778 said:
    Only if you tell me what frozen things do in summer...
    bandit778msandersKungFuKenny
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,255
    SumoLego said:
    bandit778 said:
    Only if you tell me what frozen things do in summer...
    I'm sure the sky will be blue

And you guys’ll be there too I suppose. :)

SumoLegomsandersKungFuKenny
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 81
    I bought #41062 soon after it was released always hoping to expand it to something like this.  Than the larger Frozen castle was released but I resisted buying it.  This, though, is what I wanted all these years.  I'd put it next to my Arctic sets (if ever I set them up).
    Yellowcastle
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,060
    edited June 3
    SumoLego said:
    I hate that I want this.

Just think of it as a Castle for this dude

560HeliportKungFuKennyandhe
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,860
    This will all make sense when I am older.
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 687
    Some things never change
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 321
    I know I actually don't really want it... but this tiny voice inside me keeps whispering 'u-huh, sure, just wait and see.'
    560Heliport
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 81
    After seeing the inside, I'm not strongly convinced.  It's a just a set of stairs and some tiny rooms.  This could be a start to a truly great ice castle.  That facade is incredible though.
    SumoLego
    For some reason I want to strap 5 or 6 F1 engines to the bottom of it and send it into orbit :)
    gratefulnat
    FireFox31 said:
    ...It's a just a set of stairs and some tiny rooms...
    This is consistent with the Cinderella Castle...
    Yellowcastle
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,204
    Why can't Raya get this kinda love? Don't get me wrong, the four sets they did make were all spectacular offerings for Disney Princess fare...  but a D2C Heart Palace or Talon market would be *amazing*.
    I really don't get the appeal of Frozen over other Disney properties.
    Switchfoot55
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,292
    klinton said:
    Why can't Raya get this kinda love? Don't get me wrong, the four sets they did make were all spectacular offerings for Disney Princess fare...  but a D2C Heart Palace or Talon market would be *amazing*.
    Just let it go @klinton.
    Switchfoot55klintonAstrobricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,844
    klinton said:
    Hamstrung by the pandemic. Not getting a big theatrical launch probably hurt Raya merch a lot. We watched it this weekend now that it isn't premium content and all my kids loved it. We may end up with a set or two if a good sale price hits.
    Yellowcastle
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,201
    ^I'm in the exact same boat with my family. Watched it for the first time on Friday. My daughter is now begging for a Raya birthday party next month and has asked for all the Raya sets. 

After watching it, I'd gladly buy/display a D2C style Heart Palace or Talon Market. 
    YellowcastleBumblepants
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,292
    We also just watched Raya this past weekend. It was certainly fun!
    Yellowcastle
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,860
    I think it’s a bit early to expect a D2C set for a brand new Disney release. Seeing as how we got so few sets for some Marvel movies, this Raya wave is great.  And while we liked the movie, I’m not sure it screams for a D2C set or if I can even pinpoint a candidate location from the movie.  The Ice Castle, on the other hand, is iconic and right in line with the previous Disney castle as @LegoPolyBags noted above.  And it’s Frozen so it’s like printing money.
    SumoLegoklinton
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,204
    klinton said:
    Hamstrung by the pandemic. Not getting a big theatrical launch probably hurt Raya merch a lot. We watched it this weekend now that it isn't premium content and all my kids loved it. We may end up with a set or two if a good sale price hits.

The Lego sets seem to be selling well. It took me a couple of weeks to to find a second copy of the Sisu dragon set for a gift. Even Amazin.ca never had it in stock.
    The Hasbro and Jakks dolls seemed to be less popular, with only TRU stocking the complete line. I was able to pick up the entire Hasbro line in one stop back in April. I was just there last week to get the new Harry Potter sets, and those shelves were pretty sparse now. Maybe it's picking up steam as it becomes more readily available? I hope so. 
    ^I'm in the exact same boat with my family. Watched it for the first time on Friday. My daughter is now begging for a Raya birthday party next month and has asked for all the Raya sets. 

After watching it, I'd gladly buy/display a D2C style Heart Palace or Talon Market. 

Def pick them up! They're all spectacular sets! Even the polybag is a standout with generous helpings of unique useful pieces for under 5$.
    The only real issue I had with them was a questionable design choice for Sisu's spinal flares. It looks great on a shelf, but I don't imagine they would stand up to play. Thankfully, she looks just as fine without them as well.
    My favorite part of the builds was the lanterns in the palace. It's such a simple design, but they look exquisite with the subtle fade of the pastel yellow tiles.
    I do hope Lego revisits Raya, and if not with a D2C like the Ice Palace, then at least more like what we got (as opposed to the usual Disney Princess pap).
    SumoLego
    klinton said:
    I only just heard of Raya from this post, so it’s not a mystery to me :)
    SumoLego
    That's my secret identity!

And I agree, unless something is a runaway success, we're not going to see more than a couple of small sets.  Frozen and Frozen 2 are multi-billion dollar properties for Disney. Maybe Raya fits somewhere between Moana and Princess Tiana.  Well behind Cinderella, Belle, etc...
    Astrobricks