Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New build using older instructions

ThePhantomLaggerThePhantomLagger Scotland Member Posts: 8
I really want to build the Beach hut 31035 but only using Friends pieces...as far as possible. I have a couple of question that I would love answered:
1. Will it be actually be possible to do this?
2. what’s the best way to go about building using instructions from the net and my own bricks? Any tips or tricks? 

Thanks everyone 

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,255
    I would imagine it's possible with a few modifications.
    One of the biggest issues for you will be colour changes on hinges bricks/plates as they are usually made in far fewer colours than normal bricks and plates.
    Here's the parts list from Bricklink if you want to manually check colour availability of parts. 31035

Alternatively, I think you can upload sets onto Bricklink Studio (LEGO design tool for computers) and then swap out the colours on parts you want to change (you can filter the parts to only show available colours so you don't end up building in bricks that have never been made).
    KungFuKennymadforLEGOThePhantomLagger
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,165
    Speaking as someone who tends to over-prepare for things, I’d say just start :)
    ThePhantomLaggerandheBumblepants
  • ThePhantomLaggerThePhantomLagger Scotland Member Posts: 8
    bandit778 said:
    I would imagine it's possible with a few modifications.
    One of the biggest issues for you will be colour changes on hinges bricks/plates as they are usually made in far fewer colours than normal bricks and plates.
    Here's the parts list from Bricklink if you want to manually check colour availability of parts. 31035

Alternatively, I think you can upload sets onto Bricklink Studio (LEGO design tool for computers) and then swap out the colours on parts you want to change (you can filter the parts to only show available colours so you don't end up building in bricks that have never been made).
    Ahhh, of course. I’d forgotten about the hinges. Thanks for the tip about the studio, that’s a good idea. 
  • ThePhantomLaggerThePhantomLagger Scotland Member Posts: 8
    Speaking as someone who tends to over-prepare for things, I’d say just start :)
    I do think I might be in danger of over-preparing if I don’t watch it lol 
    Astrobricks