Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This review is the one that has Wallace & Gromit in it! Brits are very excited for this and it seems Americans are very excited for Gravity Falls (which I hadn’t heard of until the Lego Idea was mooted).
There’s also the Red Dwarf and Avatar projects which I quite like. Avatar seems quite possible considering the upcoming sequels and video game, plus ownership by Disney.
Some more unusual ones I’d pick out are:
- The working Mini Golf course(!) Would make a great follow up to the Labyrinth Maze
- JAWS (Orca & Bruce) TLG already messed about with us by mentioning the IP
- Airport Firetruck. Might be too big but a great more technical build
- Boston Dynamics Robot (although would only be attractive if it had motors etc in the final retail build which I’m not sure on)
The ‘why are they even there’ list for me would include:
- GameStop store (boring build anyway)
- Women of Computing (nice enough build but a blatant copying of the ‘Women of Nasa’ formula)
- BTS Dynamite (just super fan votes)
- Basement & Sewerage (slightly bizarre to assume that would have market appeal)
There might be some backstories I’m missing regarding popularity here but that’s just my take for now anyway.
Hope lives on.