Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Masters USA returns June 1st

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 3,735
edited April 7 in Brickset.com articles
LEGO Masters USA returns  June 1st

As was confirmed via social media pages today, the US version of LEGO Masters will be returning to TV Tuesday, June 1st on FOX. A scheduled time has not yet been revealed, but we can expect it to be aired weekly as usual.

Are you looking forward to the upcoming season, or is the show too 'dramatic' for you? Any certain challenges you'd like to see contestants tackle? Let us know in the comments!

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• JdrewgJdrewg Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1
    I’m excited to see it back. The first season got better as it progressed, and I expect good things out of this. 
    Bumblepantsprevere
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 551
    Looking forward to it. I hope they highlight building techniques a bit more this season.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 688
    panchox1 said:
    Looking forward to it. I hope they highlight building techniques a bit more this season.
    You mean Will's 30-second explainer of the term SNOT wasn't enough for you?!
    panchox1KungFuKenny
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 62
    At least Lego Masters Australia referred to NPU multiple times.  I don't recall that ever being mentioned in the US version.  (I'm sure it was said, but likely edited out for time so that they can promote Microsoft Surface.)
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,748
    I’m sort of blah about this show- the end results could be spectacular, but there are only so many sirens, second tier celebrity cameos, and other reality TV shenanigans that I can stomach before I end up scrolling to the last 5 minutes...
    daewoo
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 504
    I'll end up watching it but I'm 100% with KungFuKenny on reality tv crap.  Why can't they focus more on how the models are being constructed?
    KungFuKennypanchox1
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,177
    Part of what helped with my enjoyment of the last season is having a personal connection to one of the contestant pairs (the Bearded Builders are in my local LUG and I casually knew both of them from our convention Bricks Cascade). But I'm still looking forward to this new season regardless of the contestants. I agree that more focus on the builds themselves would be fantastic, but I do get a little roped into all of the reality TV tropes too.
    MarshallmarioKungFuKenny
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,919
    Would love to see some really smart building challenges. Maybe some with limited part sources, like you know, every member of their TV audience. 
    daewoo
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 62
    Last season, they had one challenge where they had to build a display that was based on a fill-in-the-blank story told by kids.  This season, I'd really like to see them take a set created by a kid and work a display around that.
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 218
    edited April 10
    You mean Will's 30-second explainer of the term SNOT wasn't enough for you?!
    He didn't even call it SNOT. He called it SOTS (Studs On The Side, apparently).

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,520
    edited April 10
    I enjoyed it, I really expected the reality tv stuff to be worse. They could still cut most of the drama, but overall it seemed there was a good atmosphere, when reality shows, from the little I've seen, seem a lot about dumb people or evil schemers.