Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Harry Potter golden Minifigures revealed!

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 3,735
edited April 5 in Brickset.com articles
Harry Potter golden Minifigures revealed!

2021 marks the 20th anniversary of the first Harry Potter sets so to celebrate the summer sets in the theme will each come with a golden minifigure, which have just been revealed on Instagram.

The six figures -- Harry Potter, Voldemort, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Severus Snape and Quirinus Quirrell -- also come with a gold minifigure plate and wand.

Continue reading »

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,715
    edited April 5
    -Sighs-

This is just silly.
    madforLEGO560HeliportBumblepantsKungFuKennyJackad7
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,590
    I guess it’s time to try that Goldfinger MOC.  #Oddjob
    1265SumoLego
    I guess it’s time to try that GoldMember MOC.  #GoldyWang
    I made a couple of corrections.
    Yellowcastle
    It also doesn't help that they look like mustard, not gooooooooooold.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,762
    The Quirrel inclusion is really bizarre. Who gives a crap about that guy? I'm not a hardcore Potter fan but I could easily come up with a half dozen better characters people would actually want.
    Jackad7J0rgen
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,590
    You’d think they’d want to avoid any sort of quirrel with their fan base...
    560Heliport
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 218
    edited April 6
    I just want those golden wands! They will make for great detail work on an MOC sometime.
    Mr_Cross
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 543
    The Quirrel inclusion is really bizarre. Who gives a crap about that guy? I'm not a hardcore Potter fan but I could easily come up with a half dozen better characters people would actually want.

I agree. I feel like this whole thing is a low effort cash grab, it feels very thrown together.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,001
    SumoLego said:
    It also doesn't help that they look like mustard, not gooooooooooold.

To paraphrase from Austin Powers: "They are from Denmark, isn't that weird?"
    SumoLego
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 987
    Jackad7 said:

I agree. I feel like this whole thing is a low effort cash grab, it feels very thrown together.
    Of course it is.  However, it works and will drive sales and profits.
    SumoLego
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 356
    Both Quirrel and Snape are really weird inclusions here - Quirrel because he's so minor, and Snape because he looks very generic when you take away his black colour scheme. Also, celebrating an anniversary with golden figures in versions just released this year (Snape, Harry, Ron and Hermione are all based on Hogwarts Moments) does not really reflect the long history of the theme... Finally, I wish we could have gotten retro anniversary figs like they had for Star Wars - could it be that too many moulds or colours are retired? Ron's classic hair is still widely used in various colours, and I think Harry's hair is still used for Little Ani, Hermione's hair was used for some jedi in the last Turbo Tank, and they couldn't possibly have retired the classic wizard beard for Dumledore, or the classic long hair for Snape? Hopefully someone will get the catch 'em all bug for the golden figs so I can sell mine.
    KungFuKennyJackad7
    I suppose the 20th Anniversary SW figures probably drove some sales, so here we are with an uninspired variation.

I eagerly await the same with Marvel characters next year and DC characters at some point.

Yay!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,580
    I'd be a lot happier if the anniversary figs felt like a bonus, rather than a figure we are still paying for. I don't need the small gang of classic Han Solos I amassed from buying multiples of the dropship. I'd  have much preferred another stormtrooper.
    SumoLegoBumblepants560HeliportMr_Cross
    ^ Han in a Stormtrooper suit would have addressed both concerns...
    Bumblepantsstlux560HeliportMr_CrossJ0rgen
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,557
    I'd be a lot happier if the anniversary figs felt like a bonus, rather than a figure we are still paying for. I don't need the small gang of classic Han Solos I amassed from buying multiples of the dropship. I'd  have much preferred another stormtrooper.
    Would you be happy if there was no anniversary Han at all though? He would have had to come in/with one set so there would be the same issue with that set.
    SumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,580
    edited April 8
    CCC said:
    Would you be happy if there was no anniversary Han at all though? He would have had to come in/with one set so there would be the same issue with that set.
    I get what you mean. I wasn't a huge fan or the anniversary figs, but I guess it's better to have them than not have them. My point was more that when things like chrome 3PO turned up in a set, it really felt like a free bonus. With the anniversary sets, even though the packaging makes the figs appear as a bonus, in reality they're just costed into the price of the set.

More of a minor niggle than a major deal.
    SumoLego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,557
    I get what you mean. I would have preferred it if all of them had been polybags and given away with the relevant sets, as that way you could sell off the sets and keep the polys (or vice versa). But that would probably have caused more logistical problems.
    Everyone loves logistical problems.  They're the best kind!