Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Elsewhere] 3843 Ramses Pyramid now a mere €10,27 on Amazon FR

MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
edited February 2012 in Shopping Elsewhere
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3843-1 is still showing the old price, but if you click on the Amazon FR button you'll see the new low price. Lowest it's been on any Amazon since @Huw started tracking their prices.

Comments

• GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    EUR 6,16 now.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    wowzers! the portal of atlantis and exploration sub are also super cheap
    12 euros delivery for all 3
  • MotxamMotxam Member Posts: 22
    Good spots on their toy sale - there's also the old style Ninjago battle arena (853106) EUR 5,64 - with a Sensei spinner included cheap enough for the boys to trash...

Off topic there's some Smoby R/C cars for only 5-6 euros that might be worth a punt for anyone with kids (come with batteries), hopefully keep my boys away from my Nitro powered cars :)
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,335
    Yep good spot, couldn't resist at those prices just for parts
    2 x8077 exploration
    2x8078 portal
    3x3843 game ( inc tan baseplates )

Over 3600 pieces for £102 delivered
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    Once again Amazon has managed to reach into my wallet. Swore I wasn't gonna buy 8078, but I couldn't let it pass @ 70% off.

And now I'm wondering whether I might need another couple of 3843. And perhaps a 8077.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    bought 3x3843 earlier for £5.14 each + circa £5 delivery, so around £6.50 per set. What an amazing deal when you think it includes 3 tan baseplates, perfect for star wars mocing.
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    3x3843 for me too, and 1x8078 thanks to Savage_Steel.
    They will arrive tomorrow by ups. Wish they would just send them in the mail, I really don't like having stuff delivered at work... but ok, it's probably because the boxes are so big, I can live with that :D
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    Perhaps I should have asked for rapid delivery.
    My Portal will arrive in a week, if I got the order right. ? :0
    I wouldn't have known about these discounts of 70+% if it hadn't been for this thread. I regularly check the pages with discounts, but not five times a day. (At least I try not to.)

This thread thus exposed a flaw in the "bargains warnings" on the homepage: right now they'll only be shown if a set goes from below 30% to 30% or higher. But IMHO the same logic should be applied for every 10% threshold above 30%, i.e. if a set is 35% discounted and then 42% discounted, there should be an alert on the homepage.

Maybe @huw can easily implement this and give it a try?

Should there be too many warnings then perhaps it can be tweaked; e.g. the difference between discounts has to be 8 percentage points or higher, so 35% to 42% wouldn't trigger an alert but 34% to 43% would.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    ^ FYI alerts are also now generated when a set passes the 50% threshold, even if the set was previously between 30% and 50% off RRP. Not sure about triggering alerts every 10% over 30%, however - could get very messy...
    ^ FYI alerts are also now generated when a set passes the 50% threshold, even if the set was previously between 30% and 50% off RRP.
    That did happen when these three went 50% of higher, yes: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2765 . Which is probably why they didn't cause an alert when they went to 70%.

Perhaps have this alert @ every 10% over 50%? Or perhaps an alert when a set drops a certain amount of percentage points?

Would there really be many more alerts? Perhaps @huw could run some queries at the data he has to check how many more alerts this would have resulted in in the past?

Granted, a set going from 50% to 70% is an exception -- but that would be a strong argument to implement such an alert.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Am I being slow? Under the alert on the news page, there is always a link to a page showing all discounts (and changes thereto) at the relevant Amazon site. Does that page not show you all the discounts then?
    Am I being slow? Under the alert on the news page, there is always a link to a page showing all discounts (and changes thereto) at the relevant Amazon site. Does that page not show you all the discounts then?
    Yes it does, but in this case there was no alert. This one is from 16 March: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2765 . There were also alerts on 19 March : http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2780 and on 20 March: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2787

But there wasn't one on 21 March (when the discounts above started). The next one was on 22 March: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2804 but that one doesn't mention the 70+% deals either, because all three sets already had 50+% discounts from 16 March on: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2765 .

(Here's the complete overview: http://www.brickset.com/news/?Amazon.fr-watch )

As you'll notice, none of the three discounts discussed above were ever the subject of an alert. Granted, all three 70+% discounts are still ongoing, but they could just as well have been a short-lived deal.

Of course, one could check all relevant "bargain watch" several times a day to see whether there are any new deals that just happen to not be reported on the front page, but this would rarely result in an actual find -- and thus you would stop doing so.

Which is basically why the homepage alerts exist: to alert users of brand-spanking new deals: sets that are 30% below RRP, or 50% below RRP. So why not expand that to an alert whenever a set breaks a 10% barrier (with 30% being the lowest barrier)? I doubt this would cause a significant rise in alerts, but only @huw could really provide the numbers for this.

A set that goes from 28% to 31% gets an alert, yet one that goes from 51% to 75% doesn't: that doesn't make much sense to me.
    I had just finished building my Maersk Train then I had a knock at my door.
    A box full of Lego from Amazon .fr
    Wow! That was fast!
    It arrived a full 3-5 days before I was expecting it.
    Well packaged and no damage. :)

Ramses Pyramid is well worth it just for the base plate and tan bricks.
    The cute little mummies will fit well into a MOC museum/library Egypt exhibition that I have planned. :)

Now for the Portal.....
    Got my 3 Ramses. Shipping was fast, packaging was exceptional.

rich
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    Unfortunately Ramses Pyramid has gone up by Eur 11. I was going to go for another 3 ... not now.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    ^^ ditto - I think they came from Milton Keynes rather than France!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^^ They limited you to 3 anyway, even for repeat visits.
    emptied mine for the parts and the baseplates. what a truly great deal for parts. best of the year easily. tan baseplates are fab for star wars mocs.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    ^^ They limited you to 3 anyway, even for repeat visits.
    Assuming you have only one account.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,335
    ^ ;)
    I think the Portal is even better for spare parts.
    Lovely black lacework supports will work well as a victorian balcony ironwork.
    Plenty of other black bricks and Arches... Good red coloured stairs too. :)
    The Gateway does not really fit with the other Atlantis building but It is a nice model and might fit into a future undersea build.

I wish I had bought more.
    Now I'll have to wait for another bargain time.