Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: Limo / MVR / Marina / etc.

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited February 2012 in Marketplace
Hey guys. I am looking for the following sets I would like to buy on a fair price. I will pay for full shipping. Do let me know if anyone has these in spare and willing to sell to me:

3222 Helicopter and Limousine
4644 Marina
5770 Lighthouse Island
7189 Mill Village Raid
7498 Police Station
8404 Public Transport

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Just like the person asking for Cafe Corner, you need to post an offer price to make it interesting...

I can do 4644, 5770, 7189, 7498, and 8404, but I don't want to guess at what you want to pay. :)

Shipping is actual cost, your choice of in retail box or not, but the price of the sets, that you have to make an offer on.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    @Coolsplash - Where are you located? Three of those are still available for at or below RRP in the US.
    He is in Pakistan, which makes most US options off limits to him...

He could easily buy those very easy, if it were not for that point.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Now that makes more sense. Could not figure out why someone would be trying to buy current sets in this manner.
    Yes, shipping is going to be the greatest cost. If he doesn't care about retail boxes, I'd debox them and just send the polybags and instruction manuals. Still won't be cheap, but it would be much less expensive than sending large sets like Public Transport and Police Station (those are 24x16x4" sets) to Pakistan.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    edited February 2012
    It might just be me, but I really dislike these threads asking for specific sets, there have (as alluded to above) been a number of them recently. The worst ones are when people are saying 'wahh I missed this great offer, can someone else who got some let me have one too'...

I'm confident that in every case people who are buying to sell and looking to sell already have made their goods available on one of a variety of selling sites, so surely these should be peoples' first port of call before coming and begging on the board!

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ I hope it's just you! I see no problem in these types of requests and like being part of a community where people are in a position to help each other out.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^^ This is what 50% of the Marketplace is for. If you don't like it, you can hide the Marketplace here.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @LegoFanTexas understands what I go through so thanks for being understanding and giving me options to buy the stuff. And yes you are right, I have asked stuff without their boxes and would you believe, I am still able to sell the items over here without their Boxes. You don't know the trouble people here go through to buy LEGO.

I won't say I do not have options to get stuff from the US and other parts of the world and I know some of these sets like 3222, 4644 and 5770 can be found easily at a lower RRP. Same case with 7498 as its recently being selling at around 70 USD or even less. The Public Transport I know been a hard find though I have been able to buy these in past.

Shipping is a big cost yes, but its still manageable. The maximum I have paid in USPS charges was 100 USD but, I got around 25-30 sets (none being the UCS or the Trains or the Police Stations). I don't know why people start to move away seeing where I am from when I am ready to pay full shipping cost.

@mr_benn, with these threads, people like me who are sitting in the secondary market are able to get a hold of this product either its for collection, resell or playing. I always felt LEGO is meant to reach everyone, collector or no collector. So my reason to post this thread was for personal gain (items I miss for my own collection/playing), and I make sure I mention the reason of my purchase, if its personal or to resell but I guess I forgot to add this in this thread. And trust me, if I would be able to find hot deals I will share it with my brethren here, but the shipping part is a big barrier, though I am sure @LegoFanTexas will never say no to me if I offer him the DS for $600 with shipping, or some Tantives in next 6 months :P

@atkinsar, thanks for understanding. I really really appreciate the work you guys do and how this Forum helps people like me to learn and to get LEGO.

Enough ranting, if anyone would like to help me out, please PM me their prices, and we can move forward from there.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    edited February 2012
    ^^^^ Pay it forward!! You help someone out, then one day they may be in a position to help you out!

Offers come and go quick and you can't be on the ball with them all, all the time! Or in this case with coolsplash have the access to Lego at any price like most of us do!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited February 2012
    ^ I agree on the pay it forward bit. I also like selling to people I "know" - albeit it may only be in a virtual community. Saves on eBay/Bricklink fees as well.
    I have done the saving on Ebay/Bricklink fee, but only with people I know. What really counts is how a person is humble and willing enough to help you out. My first Lego batch came from my then friend turned mentor from the US. We first worked on things on Ebay, but then showed me that saving on fees would help me, so we did that. And then in my next purchase he sent me the items without getting any sort of payment from me but wrote a small note in an email 'please don't disappear on me :P' and with that he won my trust totally. This guy is now in a Music school and has stopped the Lego hobby.

I know this is irrelevant, but its a big liability on my head if someone helps me out. And on another line, people we know could screw us over as well. So its really up to a person how he wants to move forward in transactions. I could be wrong.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,718
    @Coolsplash, for what it's worth I complete understand what it is you are saying and only wish I could help. It has been discussed at length elsewhere that sets are cheaper in the US than anywhere else in the world. I accept to some degree what @mr_benn is saying, why would anybody buy a load of sets for resell only to just then dish them out at 'cost' price? If some resellers are buying in their masses, I'd like to think that they wouldn't mind giving one or two of them up to help their fellow members out. But if they don't, well that's up to them.

It is has also been discussed above however, that a number of the sets you seek are still readily available in the States at knock-down prices. Would it hurt so much for another member to 'stop off on their way home from work' for example and pick up another bargain or two for our friends? I would. I have, several times. And in return, I have been treated more than fairly by other members on here - some resellers, some not.

I don't think it's unreasonable for the closer of us members to be asking for help in this way. We get out of the community what we put in.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Share and share a like. I've only been here a short length if time but I've been helped plenty with deals I couldn't access for whatever reason and offered the same in return. We will all miss something we really wanted at some stage but if we help each other everyone benefits.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @mr_benn profit is not always the best motive in the long run. Information is shared on a selfless basis here on brickset, why should it stop there? Relationships based on mutual benefit has a strong benefit that pays off, sometimes very unexpectedly. But it all starts with reciprocity. The only question is, who makes the first nice gesture?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    @Coolsplash
    I have 3222, 5770, and 8404 on hand. Feel free to PM me an offer for all 3, and shipping will be actual cost.

I can easily get 4644 and 7498, but there doesn't appear to be any great deals on either right at the moment - roughly 10% under RRP
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    It might just be me, but I really dislike these threads asking for specific sets, there have (as alluded to above) been a number of them recently. The worst ones are when people are saying 'wahh I missed this great offer, can someone else who got some let me have one too'...

I'm confident that in every case people who are buying to sell and looking to sell already have made their goods available on one of a variety of selling sites, so surely these should be peoples' first port of call before coming and begging on the board!

I truly hope it's just you. This is a LEGO fan community, not a community of LEGO scalpers.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    Meh. Maybe I'm just grumpy then!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,718
    ^ You were yesterday! :o) We all have grumpy days!
    Guys, well said all of you. I really feel welcomed here. And I can understand why @mr_benn was grumpy yesterday. No hard feelings @mr_benn :) Maybe I was grumpy and was feeling frustrated and took it out in front of my fellow LEGO friends.

@dougts, I will PM you for sure my friend.

And guys, I never feel bad when someone says No to me. But if I person says 'yeah lets do it' and then forgets or later on decides its a big bother and my time will be wasted since I'm not making enough, not a good thing in my eyes. When you are willing to help someone, then help out. Profits and returns are never a good idea to create a good working relationship as @BrickDancer pointed out. I have dealt with someone from here, it went smooth in my eyes.
  • LegotasticLegotastic Member Posts: 53
    i have 3222, boxed with instructions - 100% Complete, based in U.K but will post worldwide.
    PM sent @Legotastic :P
  • LegotasticLegotastic Member Posts: 53
    Sorry i've Sold it.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,910
    I would love 3222. Too bad I did not get it when I had the chance to.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    I have two 3222s for sale / trade, if anyone is interested. Based in UK but prepared to consider shipping overseas.

1. Complete with instructions, but no box, has been built a couple of times,good condition
    2. In sealed box, new, seals/tabs in tact, box not particularly creased or dented but *very* shelf worn and scuffed around nearly all edges. I picked it up in that condition recently from retailer, so suspect it had been pushed around the warehouse for 2yrs.

Pm me if interested. For trade, let me know what might be an option - some of the new city sets might work (not mainstream police/fire), SW but maybe not ahead of May 4 - but I collect all sorts so happen to consider.