Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

First Glimpse: Haunted House and UCS R2-D2

Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
edited February 2012 in Collecting
I believe I spotted something here www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlVOlwxM2E&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    Considering they are so secretive with releases and leaks etc, this seems odd to put it at the beginning of a promo video.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Oooh, that could well be the Haunted House modular that @Flump6523 has been talking about in the next frame too!!!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    ^ @Yellowcastle. That's one for me!!! :op

Thanks @princedraven
  • tategoitategoi Member Posts: 19
    Obviously TLG is trying to wet our appetite. The leak was done on purpose.
    ^ my appetite is soaking.
    Where is the remote for R2 though?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    What set does the blonde come in?
    ^ The next VIP exclusive......I hope! :o)
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192
    I think I counted 4 clapperboards dated 23rd Jan and 1 for 24th Jan, in those opening frames.
    Some more videos to come soon, it seems.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    the haunted house looks REALLY good
  • Great_small76Great_small76 Member Posts: 23
    Wow I should have chosen to be an architect for a large number of reasons! :-)
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    was hoping r2 d2 was bigger...be nice if they have inscructions on how to combine 2 sets and make him bigger
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    What set does the blonde come in?
    Ha! She's hot, but doesn't have what I like to call "the sexy look"... Being an architect she wouldn't exactly be the type to post for Victoria Secret catalogs... but I'll bet she's much more fun to talk to since she clearly has a brain in her head.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    Well it don't look like it has PF so just a static sculpture cheap though and can be changed to different colours.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Oooh... I'm thinking R2-D2 might be my first foray into the UCS range...?
    Not sure what to think about the lack of PF, part of me would love to have him with remote control and little lights and maybe even a sound brick, but I suppose then it would start to resemble a toy rather than a Lego model.
  • nodnarb162nodnarb162 Member Posts: 58
    Epic! I like that R2-D2. And what is the news on that haunted house? it looks pretty sweet. is it part of the modular line?
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Really liking the look of both R2 and the Haunted Modular. I also think that this an intentional 'mistake' by TLG to whet our appetites.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ Definitely intentional... and they weren't wrong were they? We're practically foaming at the mouth. These two both look like must-have sets *reassesses forecast Lego expenditure with feeling of rising panic*
    i just don't know how they are selling it for £149.99
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ What, the R2? Seems a bit high I would agree, but would need to see more pics before making a full assessment.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    Haha, great spotting on this video. I thought it was hilarious that Astrid said "...you might think it is a bit interesting that it is not Jamie Berard sitting here." And then moved on immediately. Where was Jamie? Was he fired? Did he quit?? Will we ever get a model from him again? Is it a government conspiracy? I need to know!!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    @flump6523 WHAT! You were telling the truth? LOL I'm talking about the Haunted house so sorry to be off topic. I hope that turns out to be a real set, it looks amazing!

Now if we can only confirm there will be a Flying Dutchman I'll never doubt you (@flump6523) again haha
    ^ I think pulling the haunted house from nowhere should be enough for you never to doubt again. Noone had even so much as a sniff of this as far as I am aware!
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Yeah, they def. did this to get our attention.
  • Great_small76Great_small76 Member Posts: 23
    I am literally drooling at my mouth dont know what to keep my eye on! I'll have 100 of each please :-) Must get selling first though.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I can't get the video to work? Looks nice from the pic. My guess is that power will be option.
    The star wars stuff really does seem to keep improving all the time.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited February 2012
    It won't play. I copied the URL and it says the video is private. Was this meant to be leaked yet? :(
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    They made the video private. Will be interesting to see if they reupload with an edited intro.
    edited February 2012
    Now if we can only confirm there will be a Flying Dutchman I'll never doubt you (@flump6523) again haha
    LOL. 'We' discussed the TFD and HH during the same conversation two or three months ago, but I have to admit, even I'm having doubts about TFD. Trying to get an definitive answer.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Can't see the video anymore, but R2 looks great!
    thanks! One word for that R2. cute.
    If you want to save the Youtube video to your hard drive:

www.keepvid.com
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Does that mean the Haunted House will come out a few months after the TH? These two modulars are going to be great!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I don't think Haunted House is a modular - it wouldn't fit with any of the other buildings, thereby not making it "modular." The fence won't align with the sidewalks of other buildings, the bump out on the right would cut into another building, etc. With the ghosts there, I assume this is some kind of Exclusive set around the Monster Fighters theme. Looks amazing though, this caught my eye more than R2.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Is RD going to be motorized?
    Is RD going to be motorized?
    Assuming you mean R2, I don't think so, but how cool would that be???

I would gladly pay extra for that, do you know how happy that would make my son?
    Not that you live in Slough, but that's your town hall :o)
    Uh uh! This is mine, in Maidenhead. Was used in the Carry On films a few times.

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I know it's only a glimpse, but the haunted house looks incredible to me. V excited!

R2 would be much more fun motorised :(
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I'd only accept R2D2 as "complete" motorized if he had the 3rd leg that could come out as in Episode I.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    They just put a new video where there is neither the R2D2 nor the Haunted House..
    ^ Although this full and unedited version still works.

Call me cynical, but I think these things are pretty obvious easter eggs to gauge community interest and feedback.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    @richo you are cynical
    and probably right.
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    Call me cynical, but I think these things are pretty obvious easter eggs to gauge community interest and feedback.
    For what purpose? Both sets have already been announced (to some degree) and have been assigned a set number, and considering the time it takes to go from initial design to released set (including all the effort involved to determine the release date and the attached promotional campaign and actually fabricating the sets in mass numbers) it's not like they're now suddenly going to cancel them because a very small fraction of their customers isn't that enthusiastic about them.

Look at the mini-modulars: these were introduced months before they went on sale, and even though there was little enthusiasm here and elsewhere, the set did get released -- and now we hear from one store employee that they got told to promote the set because the sales numbers are below expectations.

There's also this: it's clear that an outside team was hired to film these videos and prepare them for release, including a fancy intro, in a relatively short amount of time if the clappers(?) at the start are to be believed. (I doubt LEGO have got a bunch of people hanging around for the few videos they release.) I bet those videos were approved by all the necessary bosses, and only after the first one was put online and they saw the fan comments they realized they had overlooked the "spoilers" at the start, and yanked the video offline.

Notice how it took them hours, close to a day, to upload a replacement one where the intro feels a lot less smooth.
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    Regardless of intentional or not, I appreciate the sneek peak, and the Haunted Mansion is at least one set I will be purchasing from the Monster Fighters. :)
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    edited February 2012
    Regardless of intentional or not, I appreciate the sneek peak, and the Haunted Mansion is at least one set I will be purchasing from the Monster Fighters. :)

Uh-uh-uh! No jumping to conclusions now! LOL!!! The Haunted House has not been confirmed to be Monster Fighters OR Modular... right now all we know is it's coming, but we have no REAL idea as to where it will fit in... ;oP

As a community we AFOL seem to jump to a lot of conclusions, which messes with our heads also. ;oP

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Monster Fighters OR Modular...
    I've been saying all along, my money is on neither. I think it's just going to be a non-branded set, like the EN, Maersk, Tower Bridge,
    Winter sets, etc. Of course the modulars aren't branded either, so people could take that to mean it's a modular, but it's clearly not designed to attach to them, so I say it's not. Many (most?) of the direct sets are simply non-branded as being in any specific theme. I say that's the case here as well.

it is what it is - a nice one-off direct set - it doesn't HAVE to belong to any line.