Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego City Mobile Command Center, Helicopter, etc - Jail Break?

VivViv Phoenix, AZMember Posts: 3
edited February 2021 in Collecting
We have Lego City Store Display that was used in Walmart.  This was purchased at a public auction and is in excellent condition.  Can you tell me if there is any interest in this?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,363
    Not really. They are expensive to ship, so unless you can find a local buyer you'll have trouble selling it on. They also take up a lot of room. Licensed ones are more sought after than City.
    KungFuKennySumoLegoAllBrick
  • VivViv Phoenix, AZMember Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for that response and your input.  We also have the store display for Nexo Knights.  Is that considered licensed?  Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.  Best regards,  Viv
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,363
    Not really. It'll be hard to find a buyer for a NK display.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,228
    Licensed means Lego had to pay someone else to make products using that entity’s intellectual property. Nexo Knights was Lego all the way. 
    To have much value, I’d assume a display would have to be Star Wars or Superheroes.
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    There are collectors for this sort of thing (including a couple on this forum) but I agree that shipping is a major barrier.  You would have a better chance posting  a local ad (Craigslist, Facebook, etc).  You might try the local LUG (Lego User Group) in Phoenix as well...
    http://cactusbrick.org/
    madforLEGOSumoLegoandheFizyx
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,058
    These things are a nice combination of brittle, unbalanced, bulky and very theme-specific.  If you can find a City/Police collector looking for an unusual display piece - then it may be worth $50.00-$100.00.  Or you'll be sitting on this piece for years with little interest.

Having possessed hundreds of these over the years, unless you have a menagerie or significant display area, these are a tough sell.

Except the Star Wars minifigure-laden displays or something AFOLs have a particular affinity (Monster Fighters, Western, Ferrari, etc.) - those are worth waiting to sell, and to ship.
    KungFuKenny
  • VivViv Phoenix, AZMember Posts: 3
    I would like to that all of you for your comments and help with this.  Best regards,  Viv
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 47
    @SumoLego - I had no idea folks collected those.  Wow!
    SumoLegoViv
    Collected... hoarded... all terms of art...
    AllBrickandhejason1976560HeliportViv
    Past tense, I only have a few.  And it really wasn't my hoard.

Details, details.
    AllBrick560HeliportViv
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,158
    SumoLego said:

Details, details.
    "I was just holding it for a friend!"
    SumoLegogmonkey76Astrobricksjason1976AllBrickBumblepants
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    SumoLego said:

Details, details.
    More like “excuses, excuses”. 

I was given a Playmobil display box once by the rep that was swapping them over. 
    I just took everything out and gave it to the boy to play with. 
    560HeliportSumoLego
    I have to admit, the Star Wars displays with the minifigures are 'keepers'...
    Viv
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    SumoLego said:
    I have to admit, the Star Wars displays with the minifigures are 'keepers'...

I actually contemplated sending you a PM about that Kingdoms display, but was able to restrain myself...
    FizyxBrickchap
    edited March 2021
    Yeah, it's gone now.

But... I know where it is, if you are truly interested in tracking it down!
    KungFuKenny
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 47
    @SumoLego - if you “know where it is”, it’s not truly gone... :o)
    SumoLego
    @SumoLego - if you “know where it is”, it’s not truly gone... :o)
    Perhaps.  Depends on how much you want to spend...
    gmonkey76
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Where we’re going, we don’t need store displays...
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • BubbaBubba Member Posts: 49
    I'll be the one to ask the dumb question. In these display cases/sets, if the thing is not worth selling because of brittleness or just lack of interest would it not be better to then remove all the items within it and either break them down for the individual bricks within or sell those sets used sans the display? 
    Bubba said:
    I'll be the one to ask the dumb question. In these display cases/sets, if the thing is not worth selling because of brittleness or just lack of interest would it not be better to then remove all the items within it and either break them down for the individual bricks within or sell those sets used sans the display? 
    They always seem to have big blobs of what looks like hot glue holding them together. I suspect that might be intentional, to make them more or less unusable. 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    Bubba said:
    They always seem to have big blobs of what looks like hot glue holding them together. I suspect that might be intentional, to make them more or less unusable. 
    And, you know, so the stay together in shipment and on display :)
    560Heliport
    Bubba said:
    And, you know, so the stay together in shipment and on display :)
    Well, I meant the huge, unsightly blobs, not the mere fact that they were glued. :)
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
  • BubbaBubba Member Posts: 49
    So they are glued together? Well that sucks. Don't suppose anyone's tried to see if any glue removal stuff would work? If you have several of these extra displays just lying around and from the pic it looked like at least one person did and its for some your unlikely to sell than it might be worth just seeing the feasibility of doing something like this. It makes sense they'd glue them together if they cam pre-built but it still may be done with either cheap glue or something that can be removed.  
    Bubba said:
    So they are glued together? Well that sucks. Don't suppose anyone's tried to see if any glue removal stuff would work? If you have several of these extra displays just lying around and from the pic it looked like at least one person did and its for some your unlikely to sell than it might be worth just seeing the feasibility of doing something like this. It makes sense they'd glue them together if they cam pre-built but it still may be done with either cheap glue or something that can be removed.  
    There are discussions here about glue removal, but the general gist is that any decent glue remover is also pretty good at dissolving Lego.
    Fizyx