Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

NInjago City, Docks, Gardens & Airjitzu temple layout

VERY rudimentary but any ideas of a better layout in putting these sets together?
Where there are plates there will be water of course, the two small buildings from Airjitzu will be on rocks and so on.

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,386
    #80107 Spring Lantern Festival is 32x48... 😃
    KungFuKennyReesesPieces
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 376
    Yes I have #80107 and it is a lovely set but I don't think that it fits with the Ninjago theme. It would be a fun project to combine all the different Chinese festival sets into one baseplate based modular display though. 
    560Heliport
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 47
    Simply fantastic. Thanks!
  • PowderfingerPowderfinger SwedenMember Posts: 57
    Looks awesome, nice rock building! Kinda hard to see but did you build the water like in City/Gardens, to get a feeling of different depths? Just realized I need a lot of pieces...
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 888
    Really like what you've done with the temple - looks great suspended above the water!
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 376
    @Powderfinger - The water is mainly black plates with trans light blue tiles on top except in places where I wanted the water to look shallower - then I used lighter coloured plates underneath the tiles. I under estimated the number of trans light blue tiles I would need several times and had to keep ordering. I think I ended up with about a thousand.
  • PowderfingerPowderfinger SwedenMember Posts: 57
    Cymbeline said:
    @Powderfinger - The water is mainly black plates with trans light blue tiles on top except in places where I wanted the water to look shallower - then I used lighter coloured plates underneath the tiles. I under estimated the number of trans light blue tiles I would need several times and had to keep ordering. I think I ended up with about a thousand.
    Yeah, I made a rough estimate on tiles that was 30% off, I'm so not a maths person...