Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Anyone have any info on the next Kmart 50% off sale?

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited February 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
My local Kmart has several 7930s in clearance at $37. Waiting for the next +50% sale. Anyone have a clue when it might be coming?

Comments

• yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    There's a such thing?? Haha I never knew kmart had 50% off sales, but that'd be nice if they did. Mines pretty well stocked.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Every 3 months or so the will blow an extra 50% of of clearance items.
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    It is my favorite sale of the year:) Of course I also like nerf guns lol
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Lets see last year I believe it was April. Perhaps we could form a group to call everyday
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    I am waiting for the same sale. I missed the last one by a week. And to clarify for those new to this. It is an extra 50% off items already marked down for clearance. For instance, if your store has any, the Atlantis HQ is marked down to $37. When the extra 50% off sale happens, it will be $18.50. Some of the things marked down for clearance are on the KMart.com website, but your store may have things left over. I know that Atlantis sets, some SW sets, some Ninjago, and some HP are slated for clearance. Also, at least my KMart doesn't always mark things as clearance. You have to scan them.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    ^

After the Holidays I picked up 3x of that Atlantis HQ for $18.50 - so you're right. It was marked as clearance for $37, but scanned for an additional 50% off. I was so happy with that deal because I LOVE that set.

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    ^

I picked up one of those Atlantis HQs for $18.50. Fun build too. I like the way it transforms into a sub. There are some goofy looking Atlantis sets but also some underrated ones.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    Next time your near or at(for some reason) your local K-Mart, just go in and ask. There was a 50% off 2-3weeks ago and I happened to be traveling and stopped at a K-Mart an hour away to see what they had. I just missed their 50% off but they looked it up in their schedule and said NO 50% off sales are scheduled for Feb. My local K-Mart will tell me when I ask them a few weeks ahead of time. K-Marts...at usualy the ones in Iowa have their regular toy clearance area and one week will have it an extra 20% off and then the next week will be 50% off.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    Well, it is March and still no extra discounts that I can see. At my local KMart, they at least moved all the clearance to one aisle. They had to make room for the new Star Wars Lego and the Dinosaur Lego.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    All lego sets sold out at 25%, even the big Hogwarts castle.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    K-Mart used to go even lower (might still). Back around this time in 2003 I remember visiting the local K-Mart and seeing their Lego 50% off. I bought a Jango Fett Slave I, Jedi Starfighter and Tusken Raider Attack collectively for less than the MSRP cost of the Slave-1. I went back a couple days later and they'd slashed the price in half again so they were 75% off. Jango Fett's Slave I for $12.50, Jedi Starfighter for $5 and Tusken Raider Attack for $2.50 but I passed as I hadn't expected to be getting anything besides what I'd intended and didn't have the money on me to spend. When I went back a third time they were sold out and the sale was over.