Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help distinguish real Lego from fake

john_paddyjohn_paddy BelarusMember Posts: 3
Help distinguish real Lego from fake.  I have parts 3003941: Flat Tile 1X1, etc.  without numbers and Lego logo.  Could this have been before 1995?  I'm trying to put together my first set, 6614-1: Launch Evac 1, which I received on one lucky day back in 1995, but a lot of details are lost, besides, parts of the original Lego have been mixed with analogs.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    Clear photos of the elements in question would be a massive help.
    oldtodd33KungFuKennyAstrobricksjohn_paddy
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
    From what you've said it sounds legit to me!
  • john_paddyjohn_paddy BelarusMember Posts: 3
    Clear photos of the elements in question would be a massive help.
    Here are the links to the photo (also included a photo of the Mini Visor):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i8q66if-4ai3H33e4mvrOaMvSoU2jRf8?usp=sharing
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
    Fakes, for sure.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76Astrobricksjohn_paddy
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 555
    The 1x1 plates and 1x1 round plates would say LEGO on the studs if legit.  The visor wouldn't have the ring or circle in the center.  The 1x1 tiles can be a little harder to tell legitimate from fakes.  But nearly everything from the 90s to the present should say ©LEGO underneath along with a parts number.   In this case, 3070.  As Huw said, these are fake.
    In addition to missing the logos and id numbers, the texture of these transparent pieces looks wrong.  They are too grainy or granular. 
    Do pieces exist without logos and id numbers?  Yes.  But they are older and you are unlikely to have encountered them unless you're parents had Lego bricks as kids or you had a much older sibling.
    gmonkey76john_paddy
  • john_paddyjohn_paddy BelarusMember Posts: 3
    Thank you all for your help!