Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I'm back.

I've been a member for quite some time and have a fair amount of Lego which I reluctantly share with the kids.  During lockdown they have rediscovered the collection and a lot of it is chucked in boxes where they have demolished free build projects.  However many of the minifigs have been broken up (headgear removed etc or legs swapped with torsos).  Is there any way at all I can reassemble them into their original form?  I must have about 400 and at least 200 various weapons and 'bits' that must go somewhere.  Help!
560Heliport

Comments

• TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,572
    Welcome back!

If you don't have set numbers/instructions then searching Bricklink or the main page here for colours might help, otherwise post photos here https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/513/master-thread-help-identifying-parts-sets-and-minifigs#latest and someone will probably recognise various parts to get you started.
    drdavewatford560HeliportmadforLEGOdatsunrobbieandheKungFuKennytwin_boys_mum
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,619
    On Brickset.com, searching by color in "knolled" view is very helpful. I use that to identify the torso, then use bricklink to find all the minifigures that use that torso and find parts that match up. I've assembled around 1500 minifigures from bulk lots this way, with another 500 identified and partially assembled.

Now that I have my Instabrick (Piqabrick) part identifier I use that before manual searching. The database has a long way to go, but it is definitely improving, as some of the parts I scanned a month or two ago and got no matches are now showing up. 
    twin_boys_mum