Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General VIDIYO Discussion

Comments

• luvendrawluvendraw Sweating under the stage lights in MN, USAMember Posts: 8
    My pre-order from Entertainment Earth is still pending, but this news isn't encouraging.
    Yeah I preordered from them when I missed my chance ordering from Lego. I'm crossing my fingers, but I am 90% sure my order will be canceled. 
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 712
    Yeah I still have my order from entertainment earth but I think it's unlikely to actually ship
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio CanadaMember Posts: 118
    No notice that mine has been sent yet, but no notice it's been cancelled either.  Here's to hoping the stocks for Canada are slightly different than for the US!
    So against all odds, my order did come in.  unfortunately, the 12 pack strategy didn't work.  I ended up with doubles of:
    #43108-1 Alien Dancer
    #43108-4 Dragon Guitarist
    #43108-6 DJ Captain
    #43108-12 Zombie Dancer

Meaning I'm missing:

#43108-2 Discowgirl Guitarist
    #43108-8 DJ Beatbox
    #43108-9 Slime Singer
    #43108-10 Carnival Dancer

Quite disappointing.  At least I did get some of the popular ones line Vampire Bassist, DJ Captain and DJ Rasp-beary, but it'll be annoying to hunt the last 4.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 272
    These came back in stock for about 30 minutes tonight. Maybe there’s hope for regular restocks. 
    gmonkey76Phoenixio
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,729
    My order is due tomorrow... I'd actually be happy if that was the same situation for me @Phoenixio. The DJ Captain is the one I'm most after, and the only other one I'd think of keeping is the Dragon Guitarist. I'll be selling off all the rest. 
    pxchris said:
    The DJ Captain is the one I'm most after, and the only other one I'd think of keeping is the Dragon Guitarist. I'll be selling off all the rest. 
    Yeah but it's because you only want one or two, whereas some people want a full set.  And with how limited stocks have been in North America so far, trading around is tough.  The few available on Bricklink were all from Europe.
    I agree @Phoenixio - the whole thing is just a messy mess. My order is supposed to arrive today... we'll see how badly I got screwed.
    Phoenixio
    I think you're fairly lucky in a way, you know I have all the ones you wanted and can easily ask for a trade/sale! :P

But let us know how it went.  Mine didn't seem to miss the usual top 4 or bottom 4, it felt somewhat random.

I went ahead and bought the missing ones from Bricklink, but yeah, what a mess.
    What in the hurl is this... 

BumblepantsWeepy_DonutsAyliffe
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,116
    Looks suspiciously Nintendo - I’m guessing AnimalCrossing
    I also think it's Animal Crossing.  Probably just an update with a ton of items/cosmetics based on Lego and Vidiyo.  It'd be a great match too, as Animal Crossing is all about anthropomorphic animals living around, which is something you see a lot in Vidiyo too.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,210
    Got my 12 a day early.

I got two of each of these:
    Alien Dancer
    Dragon Guitarist
    Puppy Singer
    Carnival Dancer
    Zombie Dancer

And another two of the Puppy Singer. So I have two available if anyone wants to trade.

My friend already claimed the extra set of five.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 954
    Phoenixio said:
    I also think it's Animal Crossing.  Probably just an update with a ton of items/cosmetics based on Lego and Vidiyo.  It'd be a great match too, as Animal Crossing is all about anthropomorphic animals living around, which is something you see a lot in Vidiyo too.
    Probably not an update to the game itself—it's most likely just a Lego-created town you can visit using a Dream Address and download custom design patterns from. Lego did something very similar last year for Lego Dots.

Still could be fun for those who play the game. I'm a fan of Lego's graphic design for Vidiyo so custom outfits or wall decorations based on those graphics could be nifty.

Ayliffe
    Yeah... Not happy. 

Didn't get the one figure I was truly after. 

2x Alien Dancer
    2x Discowgirl Guitarist 
    2x DJ Rasp-Beary
    2x Vampire Bassist
    1x Karaoke Mermaid 
    1x Slime Singer
    1x Zombie Dancer

and 1x Dragon Guitarist (which I'll keep). 

I'll be looking to sell all of these (except the Dragon Guitarist) or trade one for the DJ Captain. Due to costs, would ideally stay within the US. I'm make a post in Marketplace.

Bummed. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 806
    pxchris said:
    Yeah... Not happy. 

2x Alien Dancer
    2x Discowgirl Guitarist 
    2x DJ Rasp-Beary
    2x Vampire Bassist
    1x Karaoke Mermaid 
    1x Slime Singer
    1x Zombie Dancer

I'll be looking to sell all of these (except the Dragon Guitarist) or trade one for the DJ Captain. Due to costs, would ideally stay within the US. I'm make a post in Marketplace.

Bummed. 
    If they sold these in stores it would've been easier to get an entire set. Freakin' ridiculous. I would've liked to get two vampire bassist but no I got five of that stupid alien dancer instead!
    pxchris said:
    Yeah... Not happy. 

2x Alien Dancer
    2x Discowgirl Guitarist 
    2x DJ Rasp-Beary
    2x Vampire Bassist
    1x Karaoke Mermaid 
    1x Slime Singer
    1x Zombie Dancer

Bummed. 
    I'll buy some of your extras. I need these:
    Discowgirl Guitarist
    DJ Rasp-Beary
    Karaoke Mermaid
    Slime Singer
    Vampire Bassist
    pxchris said:
    Yeah... Not happy. 

2x Alien Dancer
    2x Discowgirl Guitarist 
    2x DJ Rasp-Beary
    2x Vampire Bassist
    1x Karaoke Mermaid 
    1x Slime Singer
    1x Zombie Dancer

Bummed. 
    pxchris said:
    Yeah... Not happy. 

2x Alien Dancer
    2x Discowgirl Guitarist 
    2x DJ Rasp-Beary
    2x Vampire Bassist
    1x Karaoke Mermaid 
    1x Slime Singer
    1x Zombie Dancer

Bummed. 
    I'll buy some of your extras. I need these:
    Discowgirl Guitarist
    DJ Rasp-Beary
    Karaoke Mermaid
    Slime Singer
    Vampire Bassist
    Dibs on the other Vampire Bassist if it's still available
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 585
    Is anyone else collecting the Beatbit tiles? I'm guessing that Series 2 has some new ones.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 701
    dang. being mid move, I missed these completely. bummer. 
  • luvendrawluvendraw Sweating under the stage lights in MN, USAMember Posts: 8
    So the ETA on my order from Entertainment Earth just changed from November 2021 to January 2022. I do not mind waiting a few more months as long as I can actually get the figures. So here's hoping?
    WesterBricksBrickByBrick
    It's really too bad the DJ Captain doesn't have a turntable on her own stage!  But great subtheme, one of the better ones!  Hopefully one day we'll see stages for all of them!
    pxchris
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,813
    I don't want to try to track down the DJ Captain; maybe my Punk Pirate Band will recruit the Pirate Girl from CMF Series 20. Or maybe go retro_ the female pirate from 1990!
    KungFuKenny
    It was really expensive to get the DJ Captain to complete the band, but I personally felt it was worth it in the end. Pirates and punk... in LEGO. It really combines all of my favorite things!
    And I'll again reiterate... These figures are so wonderfully produced. The printing is top notch with fantastic details and great production quality. The app might have been crap, and the pricing was always ridiculous, but the physical product execution was wonderful!
    gmonkey76560HeliportAddicted2Oxygenbandit778KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    pxchris said:
    With much thanks to @Phoenixio, the Punk Pirate band is  now complete!

🏴‍☠️🤘🏴‍☠️🤘
    That actually looks really good! I have all these but was thinking they may never get built and end up going straight into the parts drawers. I might have to reconsider.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76pxchris
    edited November 2021
    pxchris said:
    It was really expensive to get the DJ Captain to complete the band
    And it's not even like I charged you more than the retail price...  International shipping and fees for different currencies really make international minifig trading difficult.

You better hold on to it!   I'm curious to see if those will end up mega expensive on the second hand market with how difficult Bandmates Series 2 is to obtain, especially on this side of the Atlantic.
    gmonkey76pxchrisOnebricktoomany
    I still haven't seen any in stores to try and complete my set.
    gmonkey76
    luvendraw said:
    So the ETA on my order from Entertainment Earth just changed from November 2021 to January 2022. I do not mind waiting a few more months as long as I can actually get the figures. So here's hoping?
    Hopefully they do get them. I'd probably just order an entire box if EE gets them.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    @Brainslugged Build them. They are super sets and figures. Lots of MOC potential. I outsourced the building to the kids and they really loved them.

@pxchris Yes, punks and pirates is perfect. They are my favorite figures and set of the theme.
    pxchris
    Phoenixio said:
    pxchris said:
    It was really expensive to get the DJ Captain to complete the band
    And it's not even like I charged you more than the retail price...  International shipping and fees for different currencies really make international minifig trading difficult.

You better hold on to it!   I'm curious to see if those will end up mega expensive on the second hand market with how difficult Bandmates Series 2 is to obtain, especially on this side of the Atlantic.
    I didn't mean to imply at all that it was expensive because of you! Quite on the contrary. It would have easily cost me significantly more from an international Bricklink or eBay seller. Just expensive in general because of not being able to find one in the US at all. Like I said, I definitely felt it was worth it in the end though.
    Phoenixio
    I bought 20 of the Series 2 Bandmates, unfortunately I'm missing the pirate woman.
    pxchris
    I like that the only listing on eBay for the Vampire Bassist is a $100 rofl
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 655
    I bought 20 of the Series 2 Bandmates, unfortunately I'm missing the pirate woman.
    I've got all but DJ Raspbeary spare so plan to list them in marketplace this week if you still need the pirate one
    PJ76uk said:
    I've got all but DJ Raspbeary spare so plan to list them in marketplace this week if you still need the pirate one
    You might have a deal!
    There was a period of time yesterday when Walmart had the series 2 Bandmates available for sale online, but the limit was 2 and it appears that they're now sold out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-VIDIYO-Bandmates-43108/199211025
    That's a pretty great summary of thoughts there @Fizyx! Knock those prices down to something reasonable and I personally would have had very little if anything at all to complain about the series - the horrible distribution of the Series 2 Bandmates aside (and taking note that my opinion doesn't factor in the app at all).
    BumblepantsFizyxWeepy_DonutsWesterBricksPhoenixioOnebricktoomany
  • ryderfanryderfan DFWMember Posts: 30
    I was shocked (but pleasantly surprised) that the perennially dirty, disheveled and disorganized Wally World by my house not only had the Series 2 Bandmates out, but also Hermione’s study desk poly bags. They weren’t found on aisle M11 where the website indicates (no surprise there), but rather in a large blue cardboard display of stocking stuffers in the main aisle adjacent. Actually a decent selection of poly bags could be found there, along with some Marvel CMFs. Happy hunting
    gmonkey76CaptainRogers1265BumblepantsWesterBricksOnebricktoomany
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,049
    ryderfan said:
    I was shocked (but pleasantly surprised) that the perennially dirty, disheveled and disorganized Wally World by my house not only had the Series 2 Bandmates out, but also Hermione’s study desk poly bags. They weren’t found on aisle M11 where the website indicates (no surprise there), but rather in a large blue cardboard display of stocking stuffers in the main aisle adjacent. Actually a decent selection of poly bags could be found there, along with some Marvel CMFs. Happy hunting
    I hit up four Walmarts within my area that showed to be in stock and came away with 57 total.  We will see how I faired out.  Hoping for 3 sets.
    gmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 229
    I am envious of you guys whose Walmarts have series 2 BandMates. None of the stores in my city have them in stock, according to their app, website, and BrickSeek.
    PhoenixioOnebricktoomany
    None of the stores in my region have them either.
    I check regularly at mine, and nothing.  I also have a store that reserved me 24, and they still haven't heard anything about that, province-wide.  But hearing that some stores here and there are getting some means there is a chance it's mostly a shipping/distribution issue and we might see more in the future.
    CaptainRogersgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 849
    None around me, but I'll be checking regularly!
    Onebricktoomany
    Walmart's site has some for purchase. Limit two. Placed an order and hopefully they don't cancel it lol
    Onebricktoomany
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,748
    Was able to find a complete set with three extras from my local Walmart. They're in a blue bin with other LEGO stocking stuffers.
    pxchrisBumblepantsWesterBricksOnebricktoomany
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,748

I have a feeling that may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I don't know how you can have the Series 2 Bandmates in hand and not feel like LEGO created something that, for all its many flaws, is pretty great.
    It's just like the Hidden Side. Sets were great but have no use for the app.
    BumblepantsFizyxAyliffeOnebricktoomany560Heliport
    A thought for all of us Vidiyo fans in these days of 2022 set reveals, knowing we won't get anything until maybe 2023, if the series ever comes back, and that's a big IF.  
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,049
    The Walmarts around me only received 15 series 2 Bandmates.
    My friend preordered a display box of 24 from Entertainment Earth. Hopefully we both can complete our sets from it.
    gmonkey76