Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General VIDIYO Discussion

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2021
    So my VIDIYO collection is coming along nicely - with the boxed sets, Beatboxes and Bandmates Series 1 complete, many at a discount, I just took delivery of 20 of the Bandmates Series 2 today, ordered online direct from TLG.

I knew at least 8 of them would be duplicates and that would be only the perfect scenario, so I was still pleasantly surprised that 10 of the minifigs were unique including almost all of my desirables:
    • Alien Dancer (with Yoda’s lightsabre blades)
    • DJ Rasp-Beary (love the dual trans head)
    • Dragon Guitarist (a great contrast to the metal dragon)
    • Karaoke Mermaid (RIP separate Samurap stage)
    • DJ Captain (the final member of me punky pirate crew)
    • Puppy Singer (annoying that one K-Pawp stage position lays empty)
    • DJ Beatbox (that custom head is where it’s at)
    • Slime Singer (pleasantly surprised at the regular minifig head under the slime)
    • Carnival Dancer (perfect other half for the Carnival Diva CMF)
    • Zombie Dancer (the cassette is a nice touch)
    I’m missing the Vampire Bassist and Discowgirl Guitarist but I’m sure I’ll find them somewhere along the way. I found it quite entertaining that I have 5 spare Rasp-Bearys and only really one spare of a handful of others.

My Beatbit tile collection is also extremely close to completion. I need to triple check again at some stage but apart from the Vampire & Cowgirl exclusive tiles, I believe I only have one other tile missing from the collection - a Retro Effect black printed tile. Seems odd that it has never appeared in any of the sets or Bandmates but I’ll track it down like Thanos ;)
    Imagine a meme of Dr. Evil which has been removed bubble YC
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,928
    I have 20 incoming so will be joining the swapsie party soon.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    Me too
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Phoenixio said:
     If anybody else in Canada (or elsewhere) found a box and is willing to go halfsies, let me know.  I ideally wanted a full box with two sets for replacement pieces, but I'd prefer a single set than having to go on the secondary market.
    I think both options qualify as secondary market. :o)
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,712
    If these don't show up here in the US I may have to resort to buying a DJ Captain from one of you fine folks overseas.
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio CanadaMember Posts: 116
    edited October 2021
    Phoenixio said:
     If anybody else in Canada (or elsewhere) found a box and is willing to go halfsies, let me know.  I ideally wanted a full box with two sets for replacement pieces, but I'd prefer a single set than having to go on the secondary market.
    I think both options qualify as secondary market. :o)
    Yeah I didn't know how to phrase it.  Purchasing individual minifigs on the secondary market is a pain, since their values fluctuate a lot with specific demand.  But even the cheapest "gain" value by being opened, so it ends up so expensive.

I'd rather skip that step and go halfsies with someone who got a full box and opened their half.  I assume it's still distributed evenly?

I wrote an e-mail to Lego about this, and they essentially copy-pasted the Vidiyo break press release without even addressing the North American availability, which was my question.  Quite frustrating.
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 220
    @Phoenixio @pxchris I'm not sure if you've seen the article on BrickFanatics that gives a North America release date of November which was apparently confirmed by Lego themselves.

Phoenixiopanchox1The_RancorgraphiteWesterBrickspxchrisFizyxPumpkin_3CK5canon03
    You're giving me a glimpse of hope again, thanks! :D
    Wookie2
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 221
    I spoke with a helpful person in my local brand store last weekend, and she was led to believe they were being delayed for two reasons:
    1) A shortage of cardboard for the boxes
    2) The filament they use to mold the parts was stuck in the Suez Canal a little while back, and was delayed getting to the plant in Mexico.
    560Heliport
    Phoenixio said:
    I'd rather skip that step and go halfsies with someone who got a full box and opened their half.  I assume it's still distributed evenly?
    I think it may be difficult to come by a full box in the UK - at least for now. I was in a Lego store at the weekend and they only had a handful of loose series two left. The sales girl checked their delivery schedule and told me that a single box was due to be delivered today (Thursday). She thought there wouldn't be a problem buying that entire box if I was at the store when the delivery came in. I wanted the box so I could have half for me and half for a fellow Brickset forum member.

Fast forward to today, and when I rang to check the timing of the delivery, I was told by the manager that the single box coming today was actually series one and there were no series 2 showing up as being delivered next week either. She also said that the maximum I'd be allowed to buy anyway would be 20. I think YMMV depending on who is on the till though.

Anyway, my FOMO kicked in so I just ordered 20 online in case these do end up being a smaller run.
    Phoenixio
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,099
    My FOMO might kick in enough for me to order another handful before turning to the secondary market, but I’d need to want to make an order for something else!
    My FOMO might kick in enough for me to order another handful before turning to the secondary market, but I’d need to want to make an order for something else!
    20 is the limit online. Or do you have someone else's account you can use?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,099
    The limit only applies to a single order as far as I’m aware.
    The limit only applies to a single order as far as I’m aware.
    Nah, it's account-wide.  So you can only ever do one purchase of 20.  I tried myself with the new road plates, reached the limit, and now I can't do it anymore.

That being said, there are tons of people complaining against Vidiyo.  You could easily convince and arrange with one of them to do the order for you, delivered to your place...
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,744
    @MinifiguresPlus any word on if you will be able to get series 2 yet?
    pxchrispanchox1
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 272
    Entertainment Earth has a full box available for preorder on their website. I’d much rather preorder from MinifiguresPlus, but that’s not looking promising with this wave.
    panchox1
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 849
    edited October 2021
    Just opened my 20 I ordered and only missing:
    • Puppy Singer
    • DJ Rasp-Beary
    Hope to get them both in the other 20 a friend helped me with. I'm fine with the numerous dupes too because the whole set is nice enough for that.
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 201
    gmonkey76 said:
    @MinifiguresPlus any word on if you will be able to get series 2 yet?
    We originally were going to be able to, but that changed. Interesting changes... now we will be getting Mario 3 after all though. 
    gmonkey76Fizyx
    That's a huge bummer @MinifiguresPlus! Looks like I'll be finding an alternate source for the figure.
    Fizyx
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    Luckily got a full set in my order. Will post the spares in the market place later.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,188
    Do we know that the boxes have two complete sets in them like for series 1?
    panchox1Pumpkin_3CK5
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 849
    maniac said:
    Just opened my 20 I ordered and only missing:
    • Puppy Singer
    • DJ Rasp-Beary
    Hope to get them both in the other 20 a friend helped me with. I'm fine with the numerous dupes too because the whole set is nice enough for that.
    Literally got the same again and still need these two. Had 3 of the Zombie Dancer this time though. A bit frustrating tbh.

Fizyx said:
    Do we know that the boxes have two complete sets in them like for series 1?

Looks to be a full case will get 2 sets (dependant on if you have an outlier 3rd - then only 1 set) 

Lego sent a case and took 4 packs out on both occasions.

maniac said:
    Looks to be a full case will get 2 sets (dependant on if you have an outlier 3rd - then only 1 set) 

Lego sent a case and took 4 packs out on both occasions.

So they took out the first 4 or so, leaving you without any Puppy Singer and DJ Rasp?  That really sucks.  And it explains why it's exactly those that were reported as in multiple copies for another user...

At that point, if they essentially send out a case, they might as well put the limit at 24 and send out the whole thing...
    560Heliportmaniacpanchox1WesterBricksgmonkey76
    Well, today was the series supposed real launch and...  nothing.  Even Lego.ca doesn't have series 2 yet.  Walmart, Toys R Us, and another local store still empty as well.  They're really making me work to get a set...
    Yup...
    And, my LEGO Store (Portland, Oregon) at least said that they were not getting any of the Bandmates series 2 in stock... 

So it's looking like if I really want that DJ Captain (which I really do) I'm going to be paying a premium. They really screwed the pooch with this whole theme in the pricing/availability realm.
    gmonkey76Phoenixio
    I noticed they didn't get the second batch of Stuntz as well, so maybe it's still a distribution issue.  But damn, they didn't miss the launch dates for other stuff.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,744
    [email protected] still has them at coming soon. If I'm still working I'll probably buy the max, and sell trade the others here.
    I thought about doing the same @gmonkey76 but don't really know I want to deal with that hassel for the one figure I'm primarily after, or if I should just bite the bullet and pay a premium.
    gmonkey76
    The Bandmates series 2 are up and live on LEGO.com. The limit is 12, so I bit the bullet and bought 12, we'll see how I fare in the selection.
    I plan on selling off all of them except the DJ Captain and possibly the Dragon Guitarist, assuming I actually get those 2 figures.
    gmonkey76BumblepantsWeepy_Donuts
    Quite disappointing to see a limit of 12 instead of 20, it really lowers the chances of getting a full set...  At least they've made an appearance finally.
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 220
    ^ @pxchris @Phoenixio In the UK the Lego stores got a supply of them too which may be worth checking if you have a store nearby. It doesn't make too much sense that the limit here was 20 (4 shy of a full box) but only 12 there. Hopefully you manage to find those that you want.
    The_Rancor
    I checked with my local LEGO Store on Sunday @Wookie2 and the manager told me that they were not getting any stock of them in.
    With 12, I almost wish that they actually take a full column for those who do order 12, and then give randoms for those who get fewer.

And yeah same, my hometown is in the middle of nowhere and I just moved out of one of the bigger and rare cities with an official Lego store.  Quite unfortunate.
    I'll be completely shocked if I actually get a full set of the 12 different figures, I'm honestly just hoping that I at least get the 1 figure I'm truely after then I'll sell off the rest.
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 221
    Deep inside, you know they are going to pull the front 12 or back 12 from a box, which means the first or last 6 in both columns, so you will get matching pairs of six instead of twelve unique figs.
    Brainslugged
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 805
    edited November 2021
    The bandmates wave 2 are up online. Limit 12 so hopefully they know to put a new row for people ordering 12.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,204
    I ordered 12. Depending on what extras I get, I'll do a swap with you once we get them.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    Also tried for 12.  I'm a bit farther, but am willing to look into trades with people from the US if it comes to that!
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 351
    Backordered already, but at least not sold out.
    Interesting that it'd be backorder...  Either people are jumping on it, making them quite popular, or they received so little that it didn't take much to empty their stocks...
    That's just nuts...
    Well, I just received my notice that my order shipped... so I should know in a few days how successful this venture was.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,204
    Mine shipped this morning too. Surprised they shipped before the Home Alone house.
  • ryderfanryderfan DFWMember Posts: 30
    And they’re already sold out. 
  • luvendrawluvendraw Sweating under the stage lights in MN, USAMember Posts: 8
    It's frustrating the amount you could order was 12 when its 20 in Europe. It is even more frustrating that they are already sold out where in Europe they are still in stock with no backorder. 

Americans really got screwed over by this, and I am disappointed it was not handled better. 
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    luvendraw said:
    It's frustrating the amount you could order was 12 when its 20 in Europe. It is even more frustrating that they are already sold out where in Europe they are still in stock with no backorder. 

Americans really got screwed over by this, and I am disappointed it was not handled better. 
    Yes, yes we did.

And to think, if they'd only priced these right from the beginning we probably wouldn't be in this mess. The figures from this theme are gorgeously produced and overall the stage builds seem good as well (I only have the Pirate stage myself, that being the only band I'm trying to complete). This is just adding insult to injury that we first got ripped off on the prices (with very little discount being found here in the US comparatively to the rest of the world) and now we're having to scramble, and likely again pay overpriced, for the few remaining figs we collectors want. It's just frustrating on every level.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    I did start seeing discounts in Canada, strangely.  Toys R Us had a sale last weekend, 20% off the whole range.  Amazon.ca is also starting to display those discounts, and Walmart had similar "rollback" prices.  It's the first time I see this over here, and it took MUCH longer than in Europe.  I still believe the theme was more popular in America than on the other side of the Atlantic, but now it might have reached the wall with finally stock that won't go off the shelves, meaning discounts.  I'm considering getting a second set of everything, the sets are really nice overall, and as we all know, the minifigs are fantastic.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,045
    I received a notice this morning that my order of 12 was cancelled due to being sold out. Oh well.
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 190
    1265 said:
    I received a notice this morning that my order of 12 was cancelled due to being sold out. Oh well.

Same
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 848
    My pre-order from Entertainment Earth is still pending, but this news isn't encouraging.