Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Illinois Lego shops question

AMJames84AMJames84 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hey there! I am interested in picking up some more bricks but I have only been to the Discovery Center and the Michigan Ave shop. My question is: Which shop in the area is the best for Pick-a-Brick. I haven't been to the one's in Orland Park or Schaumburg. The Discovery Center was limited (as it was opening weekend the first/last time I was there) as well as the one on Michigan Ave. I plan on heading up in about two weeks to make some major purchases and I don't want to waste my time (how could you at a LEGO store!?) and money when I could've found a better selection elsewhere. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    You can try BrickBuildr. Looks like the Illinois shops haven't been updated in about 6 months, but it should give you a general idea on variety. If you do make it to one or two, I'm sure others would appreciate if you could update the inventories on BrickBuildr.
    http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    I have only been to the store in Schaumburg, but they had a pretty decent selection when I was there in the beginning of January.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    I was just at the Schaumburg store and Discovery Center over the weekend. Both appeared to have a pretty good PAB selection. The actual LEGO store in the mall had a much bigger wall of choices though.

It was my first time in the mall store in Schaumburg. I was not expecting it to be so cramped.
  • AMJames84AMJames84 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the heads up! Definitely looking forward to updating my inventory. It's been too long and I usually doubt buying sets because there are alot of parts that just aren't pleasing to the eyes and I never feel like I can use them.

Again, thanks!
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Try Northbrook. I believe they have the larger of the pick-a-brick walls in the Chicago area.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    However, they switch stores about a year ago and I don't know if it still the case that their wall is the biggest in Chicago.
    Cool, thanks Rainstorm. I'll have to check that one out too!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,250
    edited February 2012
    I know the Schaumburg one is pretty good as they do try to get good parts to fill the wall there; as it is really the closest one to me I have not visited the others (yet).

Also a thing to note, the discovery centers are not a 'LEGO store', meaning they do not have LEGO on sale when LEGO company has sales, nor do they do VIP points.

Also a thing to note, the discovery centers are not a 'LEGO store', meaning they do not have LEGO on sale when LEGO company has sales, nor do they do VIP points.
    Gotcha. I have only been to the Discovery Center the one time so I wouldn't have ever guessed. Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to my quest in a few weeks!