Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Illinois Lego shops question

AMJames84AMJames84 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hey there! I am interested in picking up some more bricks but I have only been to the Discovery Center and the Michigan Ave shop. My question is: Which shop in the area is the best for Pick-a-Brick. I haven't been to the one's in Orland Park or Schaumburg. The Discovery Center was limited (as it was opening weekend the first/last time I was there) as well as the one on Michigan Ave. I plan on heading up in about two weeks to make some major purchases and I don't want to waste my time (how could you at a LEGO store!?) and money when I could've found a better selection elsewhere. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    You can try BrickBuildr. Looks like the Illinois shops haven't been updated in about 6 months, but it should give you a general idea on variety. If you do make it to one or two, I'm sure others would appreciate if you could update the inventories on BrickBuildr.
    http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    I have only been to the store in Schaumburg, but they had a pretty decent selection when I was there in the beginning of January.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I was just at the Schaumburg store and Discovery Center over the weekend. Both appeared to have a pretty good PAB selection. The actual LEGO store in the mall had a much bigger wall of choices though.

It was my first time in the mall store in Schaumburg. I was not expecting it to be so cramped.
  • AMJames84AMJames84 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the heads up! Definitely looking forward to updating my inventory. It's been too long and I usually doubt buying sets because there are alot of parts that just aren't pleasing to the eyes and I never feel like I can use them.

Again, thanks!
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Try Northbrook. I believe they have the larger of the pick-a-brick walls in the Chicago area.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    However, they switch stores about a year ago and I don't know if it still the case that their wall is the biggest in Chicago.
    Cool, thanks Rainstorm. I'll have to check that one out too!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    edited February 2012
    I know the Schaumburg one is pretty good as they do try to get good parts to fill the wall there; as it is really the closest one to me I have not visited the others (yet).

Also a thing to note, the discovery centers are not a 'LEGO store', meaning they do not have LEGO on sale when LEGO company has sales, nor do they do VIP points.

Also a thing to note, the discovery centers are not a 'LEGO store', meaning they do not have LEGO on sale when LEGO company has sales, nor do they do VIP points.
    Gotcha. I have only been to the Discovery Center the one time so I wouldn't have ever guessed. Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to my quest in a few weeks!