Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

"Temporarily sold out"

The new modular, Police Station, is listed on Lego.com as "Temporarily sold out".  Does anyone have any idea when it might be back in stock?  I got a reward point voucher to buy it before I went on the store, and I only have 30 days to use it.

Comments

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 242
    The new modular, Police Station, is listed on Lego.com as "Temporarily sold out".  Does anyone have any idea when it might be back in stock?  I got a reward point voucher to buy it before I went on the store, and I only have 30 days to use it.
    I can’t help you with the stock question, but contact customer service about the voucher. They’ve refunded a voucher for me due to stock issues.
    madforLEGOLordmoralAyliffe
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,305
    Nobody knows, not even lego. Lego will make it available again with a ships by date when they know. 
    Lordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 739
    They have a problem with restocking items and I am shocked as you would think that after "getting used" to the pandemic problems they would have 8th restocked a few 2020 sets by now other than the 501st Legion pack.
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 286
    It's even worse than you mentioned. When I select the 'New items' I see that 90% of the highly anticipated new sets are either on back order or not available at all.
    Police office, Colloseum, Ecto 1, Bonsai, Botanical flowers, Spring Latern Festival... none off these sets are available.
    Really @TLG: you're coping with Covid since almost a year, just like the rest of the world. Why can't you simply produce enough sets for us to order? Almost every LEGO shop in the world is closed now so that means that you could re-supply the boxes that usually go to the shops to your distribution centres?
    Yeah I know: first world problems - but TLG is loosing a lot of sympathy, at least from me.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,450
    I remember the days when LEGO literally produced a pre-determined amount of bricks and sets, and when they were done for the year, that was 'it'.  They had accomplished their sales goals for the year.

Although I am sure they have a much more responsive production schedule (more reactive to higher sales of certain items) they'd rather sell out a lower initial production run and increase subsequent volume if the demand is strong.  Minecraft circa 2012 comes to mind.

Anyway, LEGO is in the business of selling as much of their product to every segment of the market.  And people will always complain up vs. down, left vs. right, inside vs. out, etc., etc., etc.,
    Fizyxgmonkey76560Heliport
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 658
    I just hope they're paying attention to the wish lists on the shop.lego sites, and won't retire all those backordered sets a year after their initial release per the usual practice, even though those sets haven't actually been available for more than 2 weeks out of that year...
    Fizyxbandit778gmonkey76560HeliportJudgeChuckpxchrisKungFuKenny
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,137
    Yes so I posted this in another thread but I bought #80107 a few minutes after midnight and within the hour received an email it was out of stock (even though it wasn’t when I ordered).  I think desire for LEGO or demand or whatever is through the roof so maybe a year ago those that wouldn’t have been up at midnight now are and placing their order.  

The whole out of stock thing just makes me chuckle as people have said lots of these large and newish sets have been out of stock for months or longer.  TLG is doing their best to meet demand but as others stated prior the production facilities were closed for a while and have been running at capacity I’m sure since and are still trying to catch up.  That and the current demand with so many people still at home I’m sure puts us where we are today.

I don’t see the world going back to their office tomorrow so I don’t see demand changing for some time and even when it does you likely have some new people “hooked”.  Production should even out how I have no clue just a guess.

I would think the best thing you can do is when something is in stock that you want that click that order button pronto.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 498
    edited January 12
    What this has taught me is, I am no longer going to wait for a GWP or 2x VIP points before buying a set I know I will get.

This was probably TLGs plan all along ;)
    560HeliportFizyxgmonkey76piratemania7msanders
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 286
    Thanks very much for all for your comments. My post didn't receive any likes so far, so it seems to be a truly unpopular opinion and maybe should be moved to the other thread :-)
    Joking aside, I'ld like to add some notes to clarify why I was upset about this.

In the last months of 2020, TLG has spared no effort to promote their new sets. Each new announcement with a lot of marketing jargon ended with a sentence that the set would be available from a certain date (January 1, January 10 and so on). They also promised great GWP when ordering in a certain time frame.
    TLG also sent review copies to all fan sites (including Brickset) with the same availability notice.
    If logistical problems were already known to TLG then they shouldn't have sent these press releases and review copies. I believe TLG is perfectly aware of the fact that reviews on fan sites will drive sales.

So my point is that TLG knowingly induced the demand for their products while also knowing they couldn't meet that demand.
    I call that bad entrepreneurship: only fulfilling marketing goals and not meeting expectations of buyers.

That's what puzzled me and made me write my original comment above.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,305

So my point is that TLG knowingly induced the demand for their products while also knowing they couldn't meet that demand.
    I call that bad entrepreneurship: only fulfilling marketing goals and not meeting expectations of buyers.

They can meet the demand, just not right now. And when the sets come back into stock you better be quick and be willing to pay full price. 
    SumoLego560HeliportmadforLEGOgmonkey76