Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collectible Minifigures Series 21

It looks like there is not yet a discussion board for series 21. Interested in following more news and conversation around this series. 
pxchrisPitfall69MooreFXMinifigInSpace

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,002
    edited December 2020
    Will you be offering a box for sale?

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,835
    I just realized the violin kid is wearing a Blacktron shirt so now I have to get that one for sure.
    FizyxmadforLEGOMinifigInSpace
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Here are the pics from the front page:

I've completely lost interest in them as a series. However, there are some nice parts here. I think one of the best thing about this series that that they seem to have gone quite gender neutral on the torsos, meaning they can be used for male and female. Only the torsos of the Aztec and shipwreck guy are obviously male and the cabaret singer obviously female, although the latter could easily be used as a drag queen instead. Plus they have also not used the annoying little bit of yellow at the neck that they used to do, so these torsos can be used for both yellow and fleshie minifigs. That at least makes the parts more attractive than they would otherwise be.
    andhevanvonfull560HeliportCymbelinemadforLEGOTkatt
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,283
    There are a number of great pieces, but for me, it's the generation 1 Space Police figure that takes the cake, and that is just 100% completely nostalgia based.

But I love the hermit crab with the castaway and the whole ladybug girl is adorable as is the pug. The beekeeper's smoker is an ingenious build.
    SilverLoveMinifigInSpace
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 313
    Easy to get a complete set with smaller boxes and thankfully cheaper
    MinifigInSpace
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 680
    How much are these going to be in the UK?
    I guess £3.50, then £2.50 when they don't sell too well and finally £1.75 when they still don't sell.

andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,382
    Still seeing loads of HP hanging around at £3.50.
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 347
    I managed to find an opened 36 count box of series 21 in a Kohl's store yesterday.  I picked 12 packs including dupes of two of the figures I knew I wanted doubles of.  I'm only missing the Violin Kid & Airplane Girl so I still need to find those two.  Thought I had the Violin Kid but the pack I originally thought was him turned out to be the Ancient Warrior.  I'm pretty happy with all of the figures this time around.  Least favorites are the Pug and Katy Perry Cabaret Singer.  The Space Police Guy wins the Most Pieces and Spare Parts awards.  I haven't decided which is my favorite yet.
    gmonkey76MinifigInSpace
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,060
    pxchris said:
    There are a number of great pieces, but for me, it's the generation 1 Space Police figure that takes the cake, and that is just 100% completely nostalgia based.

But I love the hermit crab with the castaway and the whole ladybug girl is adorable as is the pug. The beekeeper's smoker is an ingenious build.
    I like the re-imagined Space police guy, he goes well with the latest generation/reimaging of the Blacktron guy from the 19th series. Hoping the hermit crab and violin parts land in a BaM bar bin soon.

gmonkey76BumblepantsMinifigInSpace
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,663
    karrit said:
    I managed to find an opened 36 count box of series 21 in a Kohl's store yesterday.  I picked 12 packs including dupes of two of the figures I knew I wanted doubles of.  I'm only missing the Violin Kid & Airplane Girl so I still need to find those two.  Thought I had the Violin Kid but the pack I originally thought was him turned out to be the Ancient Warrior.  I'm pretty happy with all of the figures this time around.  Least favorites are the Pug and Katy Perry Cabaret Singer.  The Space Police Guy wins the Most Pieces and Spare Parts awards.  I haven't decided which is my favorite yet.
    Is there any printing on the Space Police Guy torso?
    MinifigInSpace
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,663
    madforLEGO said:
    Hoping the hermit crab and violin parts land in a BaM bar bin soon.

Hopefully we can go back to picking our parts soon. I want maybe one figure worth of parts that they pre-make.
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 347
    gmonkey76 said:
    Is there any printing on the Space Police Guy torso?

Yes, there is.  I'm not good with posting pictures or I'd have posted some.  Body is a base of white with black printing of a yoke on the back and then a Gold printed police banner across the yoke with some grayish texturing print below that on the white portion.  On the front upper right side (left as you look at it, so his right side) angling down a black panel with gold print of the space loge ending at a gold zipper that borders the angle,  below that on the white some grayish texture print depicting seams.  His arms are black with white hands.  The dual molding on the legs is nicely done.
    gmonkey76MinifigInSpace
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,410
    Just noticed that of all the female figs in this series only one has the typical curve printing on the torso - the cabaret singer.

most of the others I can see a reason why they wouldn’t have the curves except for the paddle boarder. I can’t think why that one doesn’t have the curves unless they are trying to move away from them.
    560Heliportandhevanvonfull
    Yes, I had also noticed that and I hope they have moved away from them where they can. And similar things can be said about yellow flesh printing on the torso. This is fairly minimal in this series and only used when needed. So most torsos can be male or female, yellow or fleshie. Which is great. I hope it is a move in this direction and not just coincidence.

andhe560HeliportvanvonfullAyliffegmonkey76
  • MinifigInSpaceMinifigInSpace USAMember Posts: 126
    While this isn't the best series ever, I think it is a really good turnout. I mean, getting a fourth generation of Space Police alone is AMAZING! And an entirely new Alien (convict?) is a welcome addition as well. Space Police is very special to me, as this theme (along with Power Miners) got me hooked onto LEGO back in 2009. My goal is to get at least 5 Space Police Guys.

But moving on to the other minifigures...

My other favorites are Centaur Warrior (as she looks very Narnian), Shipwreck Survivor (he will make a great addition to Pirates of Barracuda Bay), Beekeeper (just because he's cool), and Violin Kid (for both the violin and the excellent Blacktron II jacket).

I'm predicting that the Centaur Warrior and Beekeeper will be among the most valuable from this series. 
    BumblepantsvanvonfullModeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 679
    My other favorites are Centaur Warrior (as she looks very Narnian)
    FOR NARNIA!
    MinifigInSpacecanon03
    edited December 2020

My other favorites are Centaur Warrior (as she looks very Narnian)
    And fans of Greek mythology, Harry Potter, DemonWars, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, etc. It hits many fan bases.

If they had done it in white, even Roger Daltry fans would have been happy!

MinifigInSpace
    An unboxing video is up on youtube.

I don't get the dancers skirt. It looks odd in white, a blue or purple one to tie in with the rest of the outfit would have been more appropriate.

MinifigInSpace
    edited December 2020
    And he got an awful distribution, it looks like the 30-pack boxes may be completely random. 6 police guy, no ladybird.
    MinifigInSpace
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 456
    ^If it's the 2goodguy you're talking about, he didn't start with a fresh untouched box. He mentions buying most of them from one store but getting the rest from eBay. My guess is that the eBay seller unloaded several duplicates on him.
    andheMinifigInSpace
    Yes, he had 30 (probably random) then a follow-up 27 where he gets more ladybirds.

MinifigInSpace
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,283
    I saw that video as well.

Gotta say... I love the Space Police figure even more now!
    MinifigInSpace
    @CCC Very true with the Centaur. I 100% agree it hits a wide fan base (I just happen to fall into the Narnia category LOL).

I have seen a few of the YouTube pack-openings too. While some of the boxes are probably a bit tampered (like @Tkatt pointed out), I'm very pleased to learn that Space Police Guy and Alien are either "more common" or "less popular/valuable." That means that building an SP4 force will be a lot cheaper! 

@pxchris Same! Isn't that new torso sweet? In fact, I almost like the Space Police Guy better without the armor.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,858
    We are allowed to publish our review tomorrow but I will just say that the boxes contain 36 and there were 3 complete sets in mine.
    MinifigInSpaceAddicted2OxygenReesesPiecesAyliffeflordgmonkey76dpa1Bumblepants
    That's good.

MinifigInSpace
    Huw said:
    We are allowed to publish our review tomorrow but I will just say that the boxes contain 36 and there were 3 complete sets in mine.
    Great! I'm really looking forward to reading the review tomorrow.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 401
    Great. I am looking forward to this smaller series. Easier to collect them all and hopefully pick up some extras
    Love all the figs, but warrior and shipwreck survivor are my favourites
    MinifigInSpace