Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US/UK] St. Patrick's Scavenger Hunt Discount at LEGO Stores

intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
edited March 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Anyone know the deal? It's on the calendar for March. Looks like if you find a 4 leaf clover in the store you get a discount. Is there only one? It's also the last day of the double VIP points.

Comments

• intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Guess this is a first then.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ Nope but I never participated in previous years so I unfortunately can't advise.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    I think this is what it's like ...can't remember for sure on everyone though....Usually (like the Alien Conquest one) and another I can't remember now...you look around at the ribbon models and try to find the item. Like Alien Conquest had the kids run around and find where 5 (I think) alien minifigs were hidden in between the ribbon models. At that time we got a Alien Conquest printed brick. The other one you get 10% off. Another one I think the kids built a pirate mosaic and got a $5.00 coupon.
    The 4 leaf is probably hidden in between the ribbon models.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Sounds fun
    Thanks. Does sound fun.
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 63
    If possible, would someone be so kind as to provide a link to the March in-store calendar for the U.S.?

LEGO Store News
    Monthly Mini Model Build!
    One day each month, children ages 6 to 14 are invited to come to the LEGO Store and learn how to build a special LEGO model - then take that model home, for free! Check with your local Store for date and time - dates vary by country.

Next Mini Model Build: LEGO Hockey Player: Tuesday, February 7, begins at 5:00pm until supplies last.
    Don't miss out on this month's special offers!
    February Special Offers:
    Exclusive Gift with Purchase!
    FREE Limited-Edition LEGO City Poster with a $35 Purchase!
    Valid February 1 - 29, 2012 or while supplies last.

Special Offer!
    Get 50% off Fishing Boat with the purchase of Marina!
    Valid February 1 - 29, 2012 or while supplies last.

LEGO Club Members Offer:
    Get a FREE Speed Boat with a $35 Purchase!
    Valid February 2- 3, 2012, or while supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

LEGO Store Events
    There's always a new and exciting event happening at the LEGO Store near you! To find out more about what's coming up in your area, choose your local Store location from the menu at the top of this page.
    More details

Build Your Way
    Visit the LEGO Store to get the bricks and elements you need from the Pick A Brick wall or choose from a variety of pieces to build and customize the LEGO minifigures you want! Ask a Store Associate for details. More details
    LEGO VIP Program
    The LEGO VIP Program is our way of saying thank you for shopping at the LEGO Store! Earn reward points every time you buy. The more points you collect, the more you’ll receive! More details
    LEGO Shop
    If possible, would someone be so kind as to provide a link to the March in-store calendar for the U.S.?
    I'll scan the March calendar tomorrow and add the link from my Flickr here unless you guys have already checked it out.
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 63
    Thanks, @legoDad! I appreciate it. I've seen the February one but not the March one...
    ^Check out the scans on my Flickr for the March Calendar evantyler. I was too lazy though to piece it together (got a small scanner) so it's in 3 parts for the front of the calendar.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6858270387/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6858267877/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6858272081/in/photostream/
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    @legoDad thanks for postings the calendar for March. Do you know what the special Friends celebration is. It says see back for details.
    edited February 2012
    ^Yeah, it's another mini build. Like the Monthly Mini Models. Starts at 5pm (March 12th and 13th) and they have about 150 - 200 models. You learn to build an ice cream stand to add to your Heartlake City Collection. Ages 6 - 14 can get one.
    So in March they're 2 mini model builds. Pretty cool...:)
    edited February 2012
    I'm very interested in the Death Star Trench build. I wonder how they'll set that up in the shop for kids to help build it or add to it. Not sure how it'll look.
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    @legoDad. Thanks. I'll put it on our calendar, my daughters would love to go.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Thanks @legodad for posting the images. Could you possibly scan the whole back page of the calendar? I would like to see something that is located at the rear side of the calendar. Thanks.
    ^Sure thing, I'll do that later on today.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,296
    What is the special friends event? can we get an image of the back?
    ^It's another mini build. Like the Monthly Mini Models. Starts at 5pm (March 12th and 13th) and they have about 150 - 200 models. You learn to build an ice cream stand to add to your Heartlake City Collection. Ages 6 - 14 can get one.
    So in March they're 2 mini model builds. Pretty cool...:)
    I'll scan the back tomorrow amigos.
    Thank you!
    ^You got it LegobrandonCP.
    In case anyone hasn't seen the March calendar...here's a quick rundown...

Busy month...
    -New Star Wars Magnet Sets and Key Chains.
    -New Technic Logging Truck. Looks great.

-Free Star Wars Poster w/$35.00 Star Wars purchase (this was the one offered last month to pre-orders from Lego [email protected]).
    -30% off Imperial Royal Magnet Set w/$50.00 Star Wars purchase (not a great deal IMO).
    -Free C-3P0 Key Chain w/$35.00 Star Wars purchase. 2nd and 3rd of the month (but they'll give you one with the purchase as long as supplies last the rest of the month).
    -Free Garden Model Monthly Mini Model Build (1st Tues. of the month). Kids 6 - 14 yrs. old (starts at 5pm)
    -Double ViP Points March 1st to the 15th (should've had it for the whole month...oh well).
    -Free Friends Ice Cream Stand Mini Model Build 12th and 13th. Kids 6 - 14 yrs. old (starts at 5pm).

-March 15th find a 4 Leafed LEGO Clover hidden somewhere in the store to get a discount (usually it's hidden within the ribbon models and the discount is probably 10% off, or a $5.00 off coupon...also you'll be entered in a sweepstakes contest. One winner per store on the sweepstakes).
    -Star Wars Kids Club Meeting 17th and 24th($25.00/$20.00 for ViP Members). Get a Free exclusive T-shirt (not sold in any stores), a grab bag of bricks, $5.00 off coupon, stickers and the theme of the meeting is Build Your Own Droid (Sometimes they'll let you take the model you built home).
    -Build a Lego Star Wars Death Star Trench in store starting on the 19th. Kids will help build this iconic scene from Star Wars and add blasters, Droids, etc. to customize it. Begins March 19th.
    -March 31st Master Builder Academy Demonstration. Also you get a free MBA poster with the purchase of Master Builder Academy's first Kit.

-IMPORTANT...last month to fill up your Xmas Holiday PAB Boxes. Don't forget!
    ^With those kids club meetings...check the times when they start. Usually an hour before the store opens. But double check.
    So re: finding the 4 leafed clover, is there only one hidden and the first kid to find it gets the discount, or does everyone who finds it get it? Confused by that part.
    ^At my store, anyone who finds it gets a discount. I'm pretty sure they all do it that way.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 762
    This should be called the LegoDad discussion!

Will you be in attendance at the LUG meeting in Queens Saturday?
    edited February 2012
    ^lol...hey amigo!
    I'll do my best to be there...been to the shop 3 times this week (from last Fri. of the tournament) so the wife's gettin' a little negleted. If we don't go out Sat., then I'll be there.
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 85
    from what i remember of last year's four leaf clover "hunt" it was near the PaB wall, up high, very near a bin of green parts. and you got $5 off $35 purchase. it was up kinda high. out of reach for sure, and out of the normal line of sight for short people. :)
  • wRuBwRuB Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2012
    Hi all, according to the Lego in-store calendar someone posted here a while ago, there is supposed to be a "surprise saving" today and tomorrow.

Has anyone been to the store or know what it is? One of my friends rang up the Shepherd's Bush Westfield store an the staff know nothin of this event?

Would appreciate it someone could help as I was planning on going tomorrow, but don't want to make the trip if it's not on. Thanks!
  • nonexnonex Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    [Irrelevant due to merge]
  • nonexnonex Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    [Irrelevant due to merge]
    Cheers for the merge, but I'm looking for UK specific info. All the above seem to apply to the US only?
    Thanks, I'll have a look!
  • OliverBanksOliverBanks Member Posts: 32
    The "Surprise Saving" - in the UK at least is £5 off any product over £25. But, to get it, you have to find the Shamrock model they've built that's hidden in the store somewhere. You can stack the offers as well, I found it in the Liverpool store, and ended up getting 10230 Mini Modulars for £54.99 as well as the double VIP points.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    ^ Cool, good deal.
    However according to the store calendar, both double VIPs and St Paddys saving were only on up til today though, so I won't be able to take advantage if I squeeze in a sneaky Westfield trip tmrw... oh well still got the 10% coupon!
  • OliverBanksOliverBanks Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2012
    Well in Liverpool they suggested the St Patrick's offer was on over the weekend as well, and even told me to use the 10% coupon as well as it. However I didn't receive a catalogue, and of course you can use the VIP reward credit as well, so could still work out decent on exclusives/hard to find items.
    ^ Ok, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try tmrw!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^ And why would you do that? ;-)
    ^ I'm visiting my nephews over the weekend and there are some Cars sets my brother asked me to pick up. Am I authorised to go about my business now? ;-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Two words 'forward' and 'planning'. You may continue. :-)
    edited March 2012
    ^ I'm sorry, that's an incorrect answer. We were looking for "These aren't the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

:D
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 928
    I found the shamrock at my local lego store but they did not give a discount. All they did was enter my name for a drawing for a $10 gc and a pab cup.
    edited March 2012
    I found the shamrock at my local lego store but they did not give a discount. All they did was enter my name for a drawing for a $10 gc and a pab cup.
    Wow, what a lame store. I guess the manager did not want to lose profit.
    ^ agree, Tigard store stacked the 10% catolog coupon and 5 bucks off of Death Star for the shamrock. Great deal with no shipping and tax :)
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 928
    Totally lame I know. They have always been in line with every other promotion in the past, so I was very surprised. I even asked the lady about it, but was shut down. I sent in a complaint to Lego about it not being fair to everyone, so we will see what happens with that.
    ^ If they're nice enough they will probably send you a $10 Gift Card or something.
    ^ If they're nice enough they will probably send you a $10 Gift Card or something.

Lego as a company has fantastic customer service. Store employees are going to depend on each individual employee or manager. I'd call, they will probably mark it worth calling.
    "make"