Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ninjago Spin Tournament at the LEGO Store

oboeoboe Member Posts: 11
edited February 2012 in Community and Events
Has anyone been to the ninjago spin tournaments at their store? Were they busy? How long did they take?

It says that it starts at 5pm and then the winner at the end gets a battle arena.

I would be afraid my kids would win early on and we would spend an hour sitting around waiting for the event to end.

Did they give anything to the "losers"?

Thanks for any information.

Comments

• dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I tried to take my sons to one last night.
    We arrived at 5:40ish and it had apparently been over for a while as there were no residual signs of anything.
    We were told we need to arrive before 5pm so that they can take down names and create a tournament schedule for the event.
    We plan to try again Monday.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    We're trying Monday as well. We missed yesterday and last Monday. We 'might' go tomorrow. I'll take pics too.
    Went yesterday. It was fun. Lot's of kids there. At least 15, 16 participants.
    You do have to get there before 5pm so they can get all the names down for pairing up the Spinjitzu fighters. They try to pair up by age. Also they all got to warm up and tryout their spinners and various weapons. No cards were used.

All the kids had fun even if they didn't advance. Everyone who battled got a nice large, mask-like holographic NinjaGo Green Ninja/Snake sticker.

The winner of each tournament got a Battle Arena Set to take home and then they're entered into the finals next Friday to win a Destiny's Bounty Set. Pretty sweet...;)
    Alas...my son didn't win but we're gonna' try again Monday and the last day to participate is Wednes. Then next Friday the finals.

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    I was at the South Coast Plaza LEGO store buying some sets and while I was at the register the cashier instructed me to go up front and give the Ninjago a spin (attempt for world record spinner battles in one day...LOL) in order to get a $5 coupon to use on my purchase... that was a nice surprise!
    My 7 year old won the local tournament yesterday. His brother was sad to have lost in the semi-final, but happy to share the prize (Destiny's Bounty).
    The winner also received a special poster.
    ^Congrats to your kids @dsdg88! Destiny's Bounty is a nice prize...
    @legoDad: Thanks. It was a fun event and the prizes were great. When I first took the boys I didn't even mention the Bounty prize--I thought we'd go once, have a little fun and that would be it.
    Now I have a duplicate Bounty in the closet to return to B&N or trade. :)
  • oboeoboe Member Posts: 11
    Wow! @dsdg88 fun to have your kid win.

I didn't end up taking my kids. We are pretty far from the lego store and it wasn't worth the time this month.