Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: Lego Slave I 8097 from people who got it on clearance

maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
edited February 2012 in Marketplace
I know a lot of people have gotten the Slave I (8097) on clearance and I have looked everywhere for it and can't find it at any Walmart or target near me so I was hoping someone out there would be niece enough to be willing to sell it pretty close to the clearance price + s/h. I'd prefer a sealed set but would not mind a complete open set for a lesser price.

Thanks in Advance,
Maesterjay

Comments

• rasmustalirasmustali Member Posts: 85
    what was the clearence price on Slave I?
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    I've read a lot of $39 at Walmart & Target which is 50% of the MSRP.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    wow. if somebody has picked them up at that price then I think they deserve to keep them for spotting such a good deal!
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Much like was mentioned in a previous thread similar to this it puts people in a difficult situation when asking this type of question. I saw you bought the Millennium Falcon at the $69 price. I'll buy one of those off you for little to no markup +s/h. Or I'd even trade you a Slave 1 plus the remainder of the cash to equal the $69 price tag of the MF...

Most people buy extra sets to fund their hobby/ make a few bucks. That's what I do. It'd be kind of silly of me just to sell the sets I bought extra of at little to no mark-up to a complete stranger just because they are interested in the same hobby as I am.

Now if it was a more readily available set... and I could go down to the store and pick one up with the direct intention of passing the savings on to you that would be fine. Just not a piece out of my personal profit stash.
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2012
    Much like was mentioned in a previous thread similar to this it puts people in a difficult situation when asking this type of question. I saw you bought the Millennium Falcon at the $69 price. I'll buy one of those off you for little to no markup +s/h. Or I'd even trade you a Slave 1 plus the remainder of the cash to equal the $69 price tag of the MF...

Most people buy extra sets to fund their hobby/ make a few bucks. That's what I do. It'd be kind of silly of me just to sell the sets I bought extra of at little to no mark-up to a complete stranger just because they are interested in the same hobby as I am.

Now if it was a more readily available set... and I could go down to the store and pick one up with the direct intention of passing the savings on to you that would be fine. Just not a piece out of my personal profit stash.
    The falcons are long gone. I do have a Police Hellicopter and a Freeco Speeder I could trade but those are readily available so I didn't bother to mention them before. Some people were able to just go and grab them so that's why I asked if someone could help me out (people helping people isn't as rare as you may think, I actually have made a measly living doing so and love it). Plus I said close to not exactly, that would be up to negotiation. Being it is still available for $76 by me (which I can't afford because of my millennium falcon purchase) I wouldn't be looking to spend more than that. I hope that my asking a question has not placed you in too awkward of a position.

Thanks,
    Maesterjay

• scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    I was just informing you of my thoughts on the matter. I haven't seen Slave1s in my area since they were cleared out within the first week or WalMarts clearance sale back in December. If Target or WalMarts still had these I'd be surprised and jump at the bit to buy a couple.

As for your people helping people comment again, if they had some at the WalMart down the street from me (or I came across one in my trips out and didn't have the intention to buy it for myself then sure, I'd pick one up for you or anyone else.)

Hopefully you find that shinning light of kindness you're looking for.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited February 2012