Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Adding a minifig to Star Wars busts. Thoughts?

colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
edited November 2020 in Building and Techniques
Afternoon,

Had previously built the Tie and Fett heads, but did the Trooper yesterday. Playing around, I wondered if adding the minifigure might help. Initially I just added a 1 x 4 to the back of the front plate, but it was a little flimsy, so added the 1x4 into the base and shifted it along, to make this. Anyway, good or bad idea/look? Or, would another one the other side make it symmetrical (but too much?) Ta
panchox1560Heliport

Comments

• GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 239
    I love the storm trooper up in the top of the helmet! Not sure if it makes a good display piece though. Can you close it with the trooper in it and thus keep it for surprise? As for the trooper at the bottom I would consider moving it up just in front of that corner of the bust to the right of the word stormtrooper without covering it up at all.
    colay
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
    I love the storm trooper up in the top of the helmet! Not sure if it makes a good display piece though. Can you close it with the trooper in it and thus keep it for surprise? As for the trooper at the bottom I would consider moving it up just in front of that corner of the bust to the right of the word stormtrooper without covering it up at all.

That is what I had originally, but i wasnt keen and it was a little flimsy
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,176
    I’d suggest modifying the head to hinge that top section and open it easily to use for secret storage :)
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 239
    colay said:

That is what I had originally, but i wasnt keen and it was a little flimsy

I agree with @Astrobricks about doing a hinged top on the bust to hide a stormtrooper figure. The new minifigure placement is better but both these partly depend on how much your display is viewed. Can the top of the bust be hinged/opened at or closer to the black band? Maybe the minifig can then be placed in a stationary spot, attached on the inside of the part of the top that lifts.
    Astrobricks
    Thoughts please?
    Also, with all this black, can't believe I have no 1x1 tiles!!! wth?!

I put the Tie in the middle, else I feel the black gets lost when on display, but, wonder if Fett might be better in the middle, as the smaller bust. I could move the Trooper minifig inside, but then it's not symetrical (all on same side of bust) but would save him floating on the edge. The Tie minifig also needs to be further from the helmet else he gets kinda hidden by the pipes
    Fizyx560HeliportKungFuKennyCymbeline
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,176
    How can you find anything in that pile?
    Fizyx
    How can you find anything in that pile?

My first job was to get colours sorted. Yes, i now need to arrange, but,tbh, i cant be ar5ed lol. Wanna job?! :)
    Fizyx
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    I think I prefer the helmets without the minifigs. The helmets need to be seen from a distance rather than up very close whereas the minifigs need to be seen up close and not from a distance. So the scales don't pair so well.
    Fair point