Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Missing "ACM data (all)" from export site

LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 50
Where is the export option "ACM data (all)"?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,914
    It no longer exists. The empty data isn't stored any more.
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 50
    edited November 2020
    And how I get the CollectionID from sets without ACM data now??? (to edit ACM data outside Brickset). That breaks my workflow...
    edited November 2020
    The only workaround at the moment is:
    1. go to the set
    2. click on "ACM"
    3. click on "edit" in the first line
    4. click on "save" in the first line
    5. repeat 3. + 4. with all sets in the table
    Then the ACM data of this set is still empty, but the CollectionID is exported with "ACM data (modified only)". But this is a hard job if you generate a new database with hundrets of sets...

Previously a row was created in the ACM for every set you owned, remaining empty until you populated it with something.

However, that resulted in a massive amount of data being generated which bloated the database.

Now, rows are created on-the-fly when you go to edit them. So, there is no collection ID for unpopulated rows any more.

I know I need to overhaul the ACM but it's not a priority at the moment. To be honest I see the ACM as an unwanted and difficult to maintain/integrate feature that I'd remove if I had the chance!
    Yes, a set without ACM data needs no empty data record full of zeros and empty strings. But what about an unique collectionID? An additional integer per set should not blow up the database. In case of "export all", you can write a global stored empty data record line on the fly for sets without data records...

What is the problem to remove ACM completely? Brickset has always hidden this feature so that as few people as possible found and use it. And brickset has made handling so complicated that the few people with an interest in it are desperate.

If a user wants to edit the database externally, he needs for each set the unique collection ID! At the moment this export is useless, because only sets are exported with an edited ACM data sheet. But the user need the collection ID for every Set in his database... 
    edited February 11
    Yes, correct.

The ACM does need an overhaul but it's not a priority at the moment, partly because few people use it and the main collection management facilities have been improved recently.
    Ok, Thanks! 
  • claireliz85claireliz85 Member Posts: 4
    I found this thread so that I wouldn't have to start a new one - 

Am I right in assuming there is not a way to edit the ACM for sets without clicking on it for every set you are editing?

Are people managing this by just creating their collection of owned sets, exporting and creating their own csv file with the columns they need?
    Your assumption is right. The ACM needs some work and perhaps in the Autumn I will find the time and motivation to do it.
  • claireliz85claireliz85 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you!  No rush.  I messed with it some more, and I see how I can make it work.  Uploading notes helps.