Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mall coupons for the LEGO store

littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
edited February 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Feel free to close this if it's been duplicated elsewhere (I did do a search and didn't find anything on this particular topic).

Ice over at ToysNBricks suggested I go to the Client Services desk at my local mall. They have free coupon books for various vendors and among them, the LEGO store: $5 off a $50+ purchase. So I happily used it and they cheerfully accepted.

Fine Print: Limit 1 per transaction, not applicable on sale items. Going to see if I can get another coupon book tomorrow.

Just putting this out there to see if other malls have a similar service.

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I think I just saw you at the LEGO store - you told me about this same coupon and were buying the Mini Modulars
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    Any idea if the mall coupon will stack with, say, the Lego 10% off coupon?
    I forgot to try it last month after @littletoki first mentioned this.
    Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll use it tonight when we go for the Ninjago tournament.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^^ Depends on who helps you, the day and the time. They are pretty good about "not" combining discounts/sales anymore but sometimes they do.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Not sure if it stacks, @dsdg88.

I did ask the customer service desk and they prefer to give these coupon books to people visiting from out of town. I believe they may give you one as a courtesy.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    @littletoki this is in Washington square?
    Yes, at the service desk near the food court. I got my one courtesy book and that was good enough.

I think if anyone tries to abuse the system, it could easily get flagged at the LEGO store.
    I live to far to abuse it :)
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I picked up a coupon book and while I wouldn't say the service desk employee was reluctant to give me one, it did seem like I wasn't the intended audience.
    ^ Glad you got your one though.

I should have found out more about the limitations/requirements before posting this -my bad!
    I live an hour away I'm sure one book isn't abuse.
    @jocappy. Agreed!

I work within a 2 minute drive of the mall and the LEGO store (convenient but lethal on the wallet) so I am not their target audience.
  • burnsideburnside Member Posts: 45
    edited February 2012
    @littletoki I can't believe all the Washington Square ppl out here! I live an hour away and shop at that Lego store when I have the chance. I used to live in Cali where we had a few around the area.

littletoki, do you ever see any clearance items, like on damaged boxes or any other coupons discounts? If you do, can you give some of us a heads up? Just asking since you probably visit the store more often than us, lol.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    work 5 mins from Washington Sq - I'm in the LEGO store at least 3 times per week, sometimes more. no grab bags yesterday.

They had clearance stuff throughout January, but the good stuff was picked over pretty heavily before I ever got to it. I got lucky about two weeks ago and happened to walk in shortly after they put two 10199s on the shelf, still at 30% off. The were unopened returns. Grabbed the last 10216 and 10222 at 20% each at the same time as well.

I've never seen damaged box discounts in here myself.
    @burnside - ditto what @dougts said, have yet to see any damaged box discounts. I think that they just part those out into grab bags.

Grab bags seem to be a blazing hot commodity - the manager and staff said they usually set out within an hour of making them and that's with a limit per person. The only time I've seen them last for more than a day is when they made over 150 at one time.

I did let local people know that they were there and will do so again.

It might be hard for you to get there in time if you're over an hour away though. :\