Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wall mounting GT3, Chiron and Sian. Best ways?

colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
Morning,

Having built only the GT3, but with new lockdown rules, should get the time to build the others. Has anyone successfully mounted one or more of these, if so, how?

Did you use Lego, screws, mount them to a board or plate, then attach that to the wall?

I am more inclined to have them in a 'circle' as if chasing each other, and if it doesn't look too childish, maybe tyre tracks behind each one. But, if we get another one of a similar size, how do I accommodate that, lol?

Any ideas appreciated.

Ta

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,906
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t tried this, but I wonder if the new Technic wall hanger piece could be helpful (originally made to hang the new Batwing and mosaics)...

Mynattcolay
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
    Interesting. My worry would be weight and how many Id need. I suppose I should build the Batwing first lol!
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,906
    edited November 2020
    Bricklink has the Batwing at 3900g (not sure if that is the box/packaged weight) and it uses 1 hanger...  the Sian is listed at 7060g, so probably 2 minimum and maybe 3 to be safe.  Alternatively you could just place an air mattress on the floor underneath for safety... :-)
    560Heliportcolay
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
    Found BrickBrackets but they are all sold out. Doesnt also show you what it is or how it works