Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

1x2 round half cylinder brick

A year or two ago Lego came out with an element that was basically half a 2x2 round brick. Does anyone know what the element number is or what it's called on BL?

Comments

• Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 187
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=68013&idColor=11#T=C&C=11
    This one? It’s new this year though.

(I knew that the unusual parts challenge were useful for something)
    rd1899jason1976
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 436
    Yep!!! Thanks. I was trying Brick, Round on BL
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,385
    edited October 2020
    @MrJackson I just saw it the other day in a set inventory (I think); I had forgotten about it. Now I can't remember which set or sets. Looking!
    Edit: Found it! 68013 Wall 1/2 Circle, 1x2, W/4.85 Hole. In two Hidden Side sets, #70434 and #70436, in black, yellow, and medium azure.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,171
    So, it’s open on the straight side? Thus the term “wall” rather than “brick”?
    Seems to be. 
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 167
    edited October 2020
    @Astrobricks, yes it's open.  Also, there's a half-circle opening where the Technic hole would normally be on a classic 3941.
    CapnRex101 posted a image in the comments of his review for #70434.

AstrobricksKungFuKenny
    Having just reread CapnRex's review of #70436, I might end up getting it, my first Hidden Side set. Possibly tomorrow. 😁
    AstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,109
    That's interesting.  I can't see them making a new mold like that for 2 sets, so I'm wondering what they will do with that piece in the future.  They must have plans, and I can already think of some great detail work that you could do since you wouldn't have to have a full column any more and you could back it up against a straight wall with no breaks.
    Astrobricks560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,171
    edited October 2020
    rd1899 said:
    @Astrobricks, yes it's open.  Also, there's a half-circle opening where the Technic hole would normally be on a classic 3941.
    CapnRex101 posted a image in the comments of his review for #70434.

Maybe @Huw or @CapnRex101 would consider adding that image to the BS and BL entries for that part if that’s possible.  :)
    560Heliport
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 693
    Having just reread CapnRex's review of #70436, I might end up getting it, my first Hidden Side set. Possibly tomorrow. 😁
    It’s 20% off at Amazon UK so maybe a deal for you too..
    KungFuKenny
    I've only bought from Amazon when I've had gift cards. I'll go to the Lego store for 5% VIP points and the GWP. I mean, If I get it. If. 😉