First Trip to the LEGO Store: Natick or Burlington, MA?

red237red237 Member Posts: 273
edited February 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi all.sorry to clog up the forum but I have a quick question I feel one of you can answer.

i have the opportunity to bring my son to a Lego store tomorrow after an appointment at Children's Hospital. Which one of the two stores should I take him to (which is bigger, I guess?)

Thank you so much!

Comments

• DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    They are pretty much around the same size. I would go to whichever one is closer to you. I have been to both and everyone at the stores are very friendly. If you are looking for a certain item you can always call the stores to check for availability, but if you are going to just browse legos either store should do fine.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Fabulous, thank you. Just the info I needed. May you be showered with windfalls of 50% off deals in the immediate future ;)
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    IMHO, the Natick store is noticeably bigger than the Burlington store. I concur that the staff at both stores are very friendly.
    edited February 2012
    Could be. I'm sure they have the same amount of shelf space if one is slightly wider than the other. I never really thought to compare sizes because I usually go to the one in Braintree. Too bad the new one in Peapody will be further than all of them from me.
    Here's a video of both to give you an idea of them:
    Burlington:

Natick:
    @Dougout: I've never been to the Braintree store. How does it compare to the other two MA locations?
    It's probably the biggest of the three and it's on the bottom floor of the mall. The employees usually know what they're talking about; They explained the whole issue of the FB problem to me. Whenever I walk in the manager always recognizes me and says "Welcome back sir". Although, I have gotten great deals from all the stores so I can't really say one is better than the other. I just go to Braintree because it is closest to me.
    Thanks Dougout. I know that Natick's PaB wall has more selections than the Burlington one. How does Braintree's wall compare to Natick's? I still have two holiday PaB cups to fill....

I am from NH. I truly hope they can open a store here so that I pay neither tax nor shipping for my LEGO.
    Yea, tax and shipping are always a pain. I think Natick might be wider than Burlington so that would explain why they have a bigger PAB wall. Braintree is the biggest IMO so I'm sure their selection is like Naticks. I'm not sure but I think they have 16 columns of PAB and 9 rows so about 144 different choices. If your from NH maybe the new store in Peabody will be closer to you. It also seems like they are opening a bunch of new stores so NH might be the next state to get a store!
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Thank you, both of you. We wound up at Burlington as it was closest, and luckily before the huge line wrapped around the interior of the mall wing for the free hockey guy build event. The wall's choices were a bit lame, no grab bags or even super deals to speak of but my son had a great time! Luckily, we scored really big at a walMart ckearance on the way home though!
    Cool. I hope you got some good stuff at WM. I got some good deals at a few :)
  • RazzyredRazzyred Member Posts: 4
    I didn't know there was one opening in Peabody. Do you know when it's opening and where it will be?
    The LEGO website says it will be at the northshore mall. It doesn't give a date for an opening.