Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

new member / new enthusiast?

uhhuuhhu ScotlandMember Posts: 5
Hi all,
I recently looked out all my old Playmobil and Lego sets for my 4 yr old niece to gauge what she's more interested in, for Christmas - Lego won.
In looking it all out, I have ended up building a few of my old sets, which to my surprise has very few missing pieces.
Fire Breathing Fortress (6082)
Crossbow Cart (1732)
Dragon Defender (6043)
Knights Stronghold (6059)
Sea Serpent (6057)
Black Knight (6009)
Black Falcon's Fortress (6074)

I have a couple of boxes and most of the instruction manuals. I can't quite believe how much this stuff goes for on eBay! Albeit, I have no intention of selling it, as it's sparked an interest again.

I ended up buying the Passenger Train (60197) and built that last night, Bookshop (10270), Assembly Square (10255), Diner (10260), and the Corner Garage (10264). I will likely buy a few more of the current train sets over the next couple of months, and some (a lot) of track. I've probably overspent and understand that best value for money is waiting for deals and discounts. So I will keep that in mind for getting the Cargo train and the Disney Train

On to a question - how much track would I need to run a train around the Christmas tree (roughly 4ft x 6 ft), twice (inside and outside track)?

Thanks in advance,
BumblepantsdrdavewatfordMr_CrossKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoflowerpotgirleggshen

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Some nice vintage sets there.

Concerning the track, you will need 16 curved pieces to form the 4x corners for each circuit, then as many straights as necessary for increasing the "radius" of the track  - you are adding to the circumference but of course making the circuit have a larger radius as you do so. The curves are reasonably cheap (about 50p a piece) but the straights will be £1.50 or so, so I'd measure carefully to check you get the right amount.
    drdavewatfordMr_CrossKungFuKenny
  • uhhuuhhu ScotlandMember Posts: 5
    Thanks. Where can I pick these up individually? Is it possible to do on Lego.com, as I cannot see this within the spare bricks section.
    Bricklink.com
    Brickowl.com

Maybe ebay but likely to be more expensive there.
    uhhu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,836
    Lego sells a bundle of train track #60205 which is a good start. They don't sell individual segments unfortunately.
    KungFuKenny
  • uhhuuhhu ScotlandMember Posts: 5
    Thanks for the tips.
    I have opted for an additional 60197 as it really needs an engine on either side to make it look complete. The extra track and extra motor will come in handy with the Christmas train (10254) and Hogwart's Express that I've ordered.
    My Christmas tree will look fantastic this year.
    Bumblepantsdrdavewatford560Heliportpanchox1CCCMr_CrossGothamConstructionCoMapleleafbricks
    uhhu said:

My Christmas tree will look fantastic this year.
    It will. But you won't have enough track - you never have enough track! :-)
    uhhupanchox1560HeliportGothamConstructionCoMaffyDflowerpotgirlSumoLegogmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,935
    Or straight roadway baseplates...
    560Heliportgmonkey76