Greetings! Long time member under userid "wrangler6915" but now under "autumn6915" due to technical problems (I still can't seem to get email confirmations, but I can get messages here). Please see my past trading/selling experience...
I have a very, very large lot of SW sets I would like to part with. I simply have no more room, but honestly I am also a completist. When I came out of my DA 10 years ago, I made a conscious decision to not try to collect SW sets (I vividly and painfully now remember the UCS Falcon in the brand stores marked down to $350!!!). When Force Awakens came out, I figured I'd go ahead and start there, and did acquire nearly all of the sets from Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Solo and Rogue One (the best SW film, BTW). However, I'm again at the point where I realize I'm unlikely to be satisfied until I go back and fill in all the missing OT sets...a costly a time consuming proposition that would take too many resources away from other lines (looking at you, recent spate of awesome new sets coming out...).
So, I would like to part with these. A few very important notes:
1) These are all used, but have been well cared for. Adult collector owned.
2) No Boxes included whatsoever.
3) No instruction manuals included, except as noted for the bomber. TIP: NEVER EVER store your manuals separate from the sets. I know they're in a sealed bin or box somewhere in my basement...but honestly I have given up looking. I'm really hoping that the bin/box didn't end up going to Goodwill accidentally. I'll continue to be in denial about this, but I've given up hope of finding and therefore am marking down the sets appropriately (see below). I don't have the time or patience to source via Bricklink given I can obtain them online.
4) I have not inventoried every single set - there are more than 17,000 parts with this lot. That being said, I can in honest and good faith say that I believe 99.9% of the parts are there. I have ample pictures I can send to illustrate this.
5) All minifigures and accessories are included with the exception of Poe's X-Wing, which includes only Poe (and also the red arm C-3PO as a "bonus" :). I did verify this on a set-by-set basis.
Now, onto the specifics of a possible deal:
1) At this time, I am selling in four lots, each based on their respective movie. I do not want to break these lots up, and am only looking to sell by the lot.
2) As the basis for pricing, I looked up the "Used" value on Brickset which is on the set details page. I then applied what I believe was a reasonable discount of 10% to these prices based on trade value, and a 20% discount to these values based on a cash deal. I'd also entertain a mix of trade/cash for each lot.
3) I am interested in either a cash deal with payment via PayPal, or a trade deal whereby someone offers new sealed sets and/or a few select used sets in exchange. New sets I'd prefer: Any exclusives/ideas, trains, winter village theme, most City, any castle. Used sets I'd prefer: any castle, most trains (non 9V), UCS Star Destroyer.
4) Shipping is included in all prices for each lot. You pay shipping on your end for sets sent to me as part of trade deal.
5) Force Awakens: Trade Value $452.70 MSRP value of sets you're trading to me. Cash Deal: $402.40
6) Last Jedi: Trade Value $507.60 MSRP value of sets you're trading to me. Cash Deal: $451.20
7) Solo: Trade Value $134.10 MSPR value of set you're trading to me. Cash Deal: $119.20
8) Rouge One: Trade Value $330.30 MSRP value of sets you're trading to me. Cash Deal: $293.60
9) Take all four lots - 10% Discount. Trade Value: $1,282.23. Cash Value $1,139.76
10) For comparison, the MSRP for all sets total $1,934.65. Some of these are worth more and some are worth less than MSRP of course, but the total Brickset used Value is $1,583.00
Thanks so much for considering, and please let me know if you have any questions.