Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure series box distribution/order

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,052
I remember that we used to have a topic per minifig series where people would comment box distribution and other info but this seems to have been merged in other topics so I thought it would be handy to try and centralise them again for handy look-up when you are in a shop.

I just felt a box of HP2 minifigs. Surprisingly I only had 59 figs, but otherwise, here's my distribution, front to back. Seems like a full row left or middle almost gives you a full set.

Left: 9.11.7.10.8.13.14.12.2.6.1.5.1.5.15.16.15.15.2.6
Middle: 9.11.10.8.7.13.12.14.2.6.14.4.3.4.15.15.16.16.14
Right: 9.11.10.8.7.13.12.14.2.6.4.3.4.3.1.1.1.5.2.6

Re box distribution, I had almost 3 full sets, just missing a Bellatrix (might have been who was missing in the middle row). Here's a couple of box distributions going around.

brickset brothers brick promobricks mine
1 Harry Potter 4 4 4 5
2 Albus Dumbledore 3 5 5 5
3 Hermione Granger 4 4 4 4
4 Ron Weasley 4 4 4 4
5 Luna Lovegood 4 4 4 3
6 Griphook 7 5 5 5
7 Lily Potter 3 3 3 3
8 James Potter 3 4 3 3
9 Ginny Weasley 3 3 3 3
10 Fred Weasley 3 3 3 3
11 George Weasley 3 3 3 3
12 Bellatrix Lestrange 3 3 3 2
13 Kingsley Shacklebolt 3 3 3 3
14 Moaning Myrtle 5 5 5 5
15 Pomona Sprout 4 4 4 4
16 Neville Longbottom 4 3 4 4

Hope this is of any use to someone!
LegopantsCymbelinedrdavewatfordGothamConstructionCostluxKungFuKennyFizyxMr_Cross

Comments

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,090
    Received my box yesterday. The shipping box appears not have been tampered with and, after counting the contents, I'm pleased to report that all 60 bags are present :-) 
    Won't be providing a sequence list (coz the bags were partly all over the shop - see bottom photo), but I will post a distribution list as soon as I've finished fondling (missus!).

Mr_CrossKungFuKenny
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,211
    The HP2 boxes apparently have wildly varying contents. It seems like everyone buying a case has different results. Someone over on eurobricks reported not recieving a single Harry in their box, while Hwu says the guys at BB had no Rons.
    560HeliportFizyxmadforLEGOandhe
    The results are in!
    Harry Potter = 4
    Albus Dumbledore = 5
    Hermione Granger = 4
    Ron Weasley = 4
    Luna Lovegood = 4
    Griphook = 5
    Lily Potter = 3
    James Potter = 3
    Ginny Weasley = 3
    Fred Weasley = 3
    George Weasley = 3
    Bellatrix Lestrange = 3
    Kingsley Shacklebolt = 3
    Moaning Myrtle = 5
    Professor Pomona Sprout = 4
    Neville Longbottom = 4
    So, 3 complete sets - I'm both happy and relieved :-)
    snowhitie560HeliportFizyxstlux
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    Legopants said:
    The results are in!
    Harry Potter = 4
    Albus Dumbledore = 5
    Hermione Granger = 4
    Ron Weasley = 4
    Luna Lovegood = 4
    Griphook = 5
    Lily Potter = 3
    James Potter = 3
    Ginny Weasley = 3
    Fred Weasley = 3
    George Weasley = 3
    Bellatrix Lestrange = 3
    Kingsley Shacklebolt = 3
    Moaning Myrtle = 5
    Professor Pomona Sprout = 4
    Neville Longbottom = 4
    So, 3 complete sets - I'm both happy and relieved :-)
    This is the exact same distribution that I found in my box, very pleased with the distribution.
    Legopants
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 382
    I'm the one who got no Harry's.  I have 8 Harmonies so my box was full but not even 1 complete set due to no Harry.  The rest of the distribution matches up in my box.  This may put me off buying a full box in the future if they can't even insure a fair distribution that includes full sets.
    Fizyx560HeliportmadforLEGO
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,119
    karrit said:
    I'm the one who got no Harry's.  I have 8 Harmonies so my box was full but not even 1 complete set due to no Harry.  The rest of the distribution matches up in my box.  This may put me off buying a full box in the future if they can't even insure a fair distribution that includes full sets.

8 of one set is wild.  I have a feeling they may have been experimenting with varying the distribution, but I feel like the only good way for them to actually do that is to guarantee that you have maybe 2 full sets in a box (assuming no chase figures), and THEN vary the rest of it.  Otherwise I think you have too much of a chance of ending up with absurdity like 8 Hermiones.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,110
    edited September 2020
    karrit said:
    They can mess around with distribution after they put 3 full sets into the box. I'm sure there will be those that somehow like this, but I think people that go hunting for these in stores will only have a harder time, and turn people off of buying these (especially those hunting these down at 5 USD a pop). Its also going to hurt box sales if you cannot get three full sets in a box (I know I will not buy another box if this continues as I bought a box knowing I could be able to split the sets between my brother, my GF, and myself). it will only also increase the costs for a set as well. LEGO should, once again, offer these as a 16 character set purchase as well, mark it up a bit in price if they wish, but just sell sets online for those that just want the set of figures. Leave the boxes available for those who think its fun to drive around all over creation to complete a set.

Fizyx560Heliportflord
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,119
    karrit said:
    They can mess around with distribution after they put 3 full sets into the box. I'm sure there will be those that somehow like this, but I think people that go hunting for these in stores will only have a harder time, and turn people off of buying these (especially those hunting these down at 5 USD a pop). Its also going to hurt box sales if you cannot get three full sets in a box (I know I will not buy another box if this continues as I bought a box knowing I could be able to split the sets between my brother, my GF, and myself). it will only also increase the costs for a set as well. LEGO should, once again, offer these as a 16 character set purchase as well, mark it up a bit in price if they wish, but just sell sets online for those that just want the set of figures. Leave the boxes available for those who think its fun to drive around all over creation to complete a set.

This is a good point, actually. I think if they offered full sets, even a little marked up, most people wouldn't care that much about box distribution at all. Of course, I COULD see them doing something stupid like including chase figures only in the box, or including special figures that you only get if you get the set, either of which would be catastrophic for both this strategy and the CMF theme as a whole in the long run, imo.
    560Heliport
    edited September 2020
    If they had offered a guaranteed full set directly from LEGO I probably would have spent the extra $. Had I known there would be a possibility I might not get even one complete set I never would have purchased the full box.  The reports of wacky distribution didn't surface until after I had placed my order.  Now I have to go out trying to find Harry somewhere that's if I can even find this series out in the wild.
    By the way I did type Hermoine correctly in my original post but stupid autocorrect snuck in & changed it.
    madforLEGO560HeliportFizyx
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,653
    I wonder if they even care about how many full sets are in a box. After all, the boxes are not the consumer product, the individual bags are.

I think CMF are slowly dying now anyway. If the rumours about them going to series of 12 are true, they will be offering even less choice of characters in future.
    Fizyxandhe
  • FuddruckusFuddruckus Member Posts: 37

1 Harry, 7 Hermione, "normal" distribution otherwise.

BACK

Dumbledore                Griphook                     Dumbledore               

Sprout                         Myrtle                         Harry (1)

Neville                         Neville                         Hermione (5)

Neville                         Neville                         Luna

Sprout                         Sprout                         Luna

Hermione                    Sprout                         Hermione (6)

Hermione                    Hermione                    Ron

Luna                            Ron                             Hermione (7)

Luna                            Hermione                    Ron

Griphook                     Ron                             Griphook

Dumbledore                Griphook                     Griphook

Bellatrix                      Myrtle                         Dumbledore

Myrtle                         Dumbledore                Bellatrix

Kingsley                      Bellatrix                      Myrtle

Lily                              Myrtle                         Kingsley

James                           Kingsley                      Lily

Fred                             Lily                              James

George                        James                           Fred

Ginny                          Fred                             George

George                        Ginny

Ginny                         

FRONT

560Heliport
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 765
    This anarchy is unacceptable!
    560Heliport
    Huw said:
    From the one of the ambassador network admins: "I have connected with the Minifigures team. They said that any random distribution is a mistake and not a new trend, although I'm awaiting further details. They are looking into possible issues at the factory level to determine what went wrong when putting the boxes. "

Thanks @Huw
    Glad to know they are acknowledging there is an issue.  Thanks for the update.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,558
    My box included 3 full sets, only variance was an extra Sprout and one less Moaning Myrtle.
    I guess the next questions are:
    What do they do about this if it is an error where people bought boxes?
    Can they do anything?

I doubt the store would care. If you got 60 packs, you got what you paid for. They are all the same barcode, so the same product.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 578
    i was missing bellatrix from my box. i have an abundance of myrtles though!
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,015
    Can they do anything?

Considering they never promise a certain number or each character and they are supposed to be random bags, I dont think they need to do anything.  But with Lego and their customer service, maybe they can send a copy of the one character the buyer got zero of.  Of course, this is highly unlikely since they usually can't even send you a missing piece of a certain cmf due to it being a blind bag.
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 413
    Just imagine the fun if they’d got it this wrong with S1 and missed including the single chase figure. 
    CCC said:
    I doubt the store would care. If you got 60 packs, you got what you paid for. They are all the same barcode, so the same product.
    Im talking about LEGO, not stores.

Can they do anything?

Considering they never promise a certain number or each character and they are supposed to be random bags, I dont think they need to do anything.  But with Lego and their customer service, maybe they can send a copy of the one character the buyer got zero of.  Of course, this is highly unlikely since they usually can't even send you a missing piece of a certain cmf due to it being a blind bag.
    But that's my point, why bother telling anyone is it a production error if they cannot do anything about it? I do not expect a store, or a company that is buying boxes to resell to be on the hook for this, as they did not do it, but if LEGO can do something great (though not really sure how). But if they cannot, why bother telling anyone anything about it?
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,211
    But that's my point, why bother telling anyone is it a production error if they cannot do anything about it? I do not expect a store, or a company that is buying boxes to resell to be on the hook for this, as they did not do it, but if LEGO can do something great (though not really sure how). But if they cannot, why bother telling anyone anything about it?
    To reassure people that it is indeed unintentional and that the issue is being addressed, and that it won't be a problem with future assortments. If they just left it unacknowledged, people might assume this is the new standard and hesitate to purchase boxes in the future.
    560HeliportFizyxReesesPiecesstluxsnowhitie
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 118
    I always wondered why they made each series to include 16 figures for a complete set.  I would have thought that a series of 15 figs would have made much more sense as it would add up to 4 sets of 15 figs per box.

560HeliportReesesPieces
    edited September 2020
    I always wondered why they made each series to include 16 figures for a complete set.  I would have thought that a series of 15 figs would have made much more sense as it would add up to 4 sets of 15 figs per box.

When they started they were not uniform, and possibly were aimed to supplement play rather than be collectables only.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,586
    CCC said:

When they started they were not uniform, and possibly were aimed to supplement play rather than be collectables only.
       Huh?
    oldtodd33 said:
    CCC said:

Huh?
    The distributions were never uniform across all the figures. They said in the minifigure handbooks that they tried to pick the ones that would be more popular and have a higher frequency of those. That is, they assumed they were not all going to complete series collectors.
    560Heliport
  • vvmilanvvmilan USAMember Posts: 19
    Didn't keep track of these for a while, thought it was only me because my box is with no seal. (the round sticker)
    I got almost 3 sets except a Harry, not too bad.
    But 6 Ron and 6 Neville......For some reason, Ron and Hermione are the least wanted two of this series
    edited September 2020
    CCC said:
    oldtodd33 said:
    CCC said:

Huh?
    The distributions were never uniform across all the figures. They said in the minifigure handbooks that they tried to pick the ones that would be more popular and have a higher frequency of those. That is, they assumed they were not all going to complete series collectors.
        I would have no idea about box distribution for series 1 as we were limited to 5 packs a day and the employees picked from the box. You had to be in line before the store opened to even get a chance to purchase them. It took me about two months of going to the store every day to get five complete sets for my family. 
    KungFuKenny
    I remember asking for an empty box during series 1 and they gave one to me. Apparently that caused a huge problem with other people who claimed the store was selling complete boxes so they quit giving empty boxes away. It only takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone else. 
    KungFuKenny
    Rares in the CMF were 3 of each rare in a box until like series 4-7, or 8 ( I think Series 3 was down to 2 fisherman figs until a distribution correction or something like that because the first run had like only 1-2 fishermen and then moved it to three again), then I believe some said it it was moved down to two of each rare in series 4-7 or 8 because LEGO tried to sell 30 pack 'display' or 'rack' boxes for a while and then they went back up to at least 3 figures per rare again (guess when they figured out a way to make 60 pack 'display' racks that hung on an endcap. Ucommons I think have always been 4, and commons 5, or close to that, including Series 1. Series 1 even had 3 of each rare, 4 or each uncommon, and 5 of each common. They were always meant to be an 'impulse' buy and to be able to collect 16 if you wished.
    The logic they were supposed to be impulse buys and not collectible kind of disappears because they limited them from the get go though. I do remember the fisherman.  I had several incomplete sets missing him and when people complained about the rarity of him and released more I bought a bunch to complete my sets. I think I still have several left over from the second run.
    oldtodd33 said:
    The logic they were supposed to be impulse buys and not collectible kind of disappears because they limited them from the get go though. I do remember the fisherman.  I had several incomplete sets missing him and when people complained about the rarity of him and released more I bought a bunch to complete my sets. I think I still have several left over from the second run.

Well the minute a company makes something in a box 'rarer' than other somethings in a box, it makes it collectable IMO, whether they did it based on the perceived demand of certain figures or not.. However IIRC, LEGO, in their press release for the Series 1 did essentially say that.
    oldtodd33 said:
    The logic they were supposed to be impulse buys and not collectible kind of disappears because they limited them from the get go though. 
    Why is that? Don't people tend to buy one or a few of an i!pulse buy, and not 16 or 60.

Numbering them with a ticksheet and putting them in blind bags makes them collectable, but not everyone will feel the need to collect them all. Especially when some are typically used as one offs whereas others are army builders.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,052
    edited January 17
    With thanks to @Legopants in the status thread-
    For anyone interested, here's the bag sequence of the latest series :(number on bottom of box: 6341809 / 118789 038).
    Left compartment (front to rear):
    1 Airplane Girl
    2 Violin Kid
    3 Airplane Girl
    4 Violin Kid
    5 Alien
    6 Space Police Guy
    7 Alien
    8 Space Police Guy
    9 Alien
    10 Space Police Guy
    11 Beekeeper
    12 Paddle Surfer
    13 Beekeeper
    14 Paddle Surfer
    15 Beekeeper
    16 Paddle Surfer
    17 Ladybird Girl
    18 Ladybird Girl
    Right compartment (front to rear):
    1 Violin Kid
    2 Airplane Girl
    3 Ancient Warrior
    4 Ancient Warrior
    5 Ancient Warrior
    6 Centaur Warrior
    7 Centaur Warrior
    8 Centaur Warrior
    9 Shipwreck Survivor
    10 Shipwreck Survivor
    11 Shipwreck Survivor
    12 Cabaret Singer
    13 Cabaret Singer
    14 Cabaret Singer
    15 Pug Costume Guy
    16 Pug Costume Guy
    17 Pug Costume Guy
    18 Ladybird Girl

LegopantsMr_Cross
    And the list from @jnscoelho

e most frequent distribution was:

LEFT (from front to rear):

3X ALIEN

3X SPACE POLICE

1X BEEKEEPER

1X PADDLE SURFER (DOUBLE BAG)

1X BEEKEEPER

1X BEEKEEPER

2X VIOLIN KID

2X AIRPLANE GIRL (DOUBLE BAG)

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

RIGHT (front to rear):

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

1X ANCIENT WARRIOR

1X CENTAUR (DOUBLE BAG)

3X SHIPWRECK

3X CABARET SINGER (DOUBLE BAG)

1X VIOLIN KID

1X AIRPLANE GIRL (DOUBLE BAG)

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

1X PUG

1X LADYBIRD

Mr_Cross
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    So a box should contain 3 complete 'sets' of series 21, totalling 36 CMF bags right?!

So a box should contain 3 complete 'sets' of series 21, totalling 36 CMF bags right?!

Mine did :-)

That's what they've said yes.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 650

Yes, but exceptions may occur, and I've had one.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 98
    I've ordered a total of 8 Series 21 bags from [email protected] in three separate orders, just to get me above the GWP thresholds. Ended up with 4 dog costume guys, 3 ladybugs, and 1 diver. With no stores where I could feel bags currently open, I guess I'll have to buy a full case to make sure I get a proper distribution. :-/
    preuss said:
    I've ordered a total of 8 Series 21 bags from [email protected] in three separate orders, just to get me above the GWP thresholds. Ended up with 4 dog costume guys, 3 ladybugs, and 1 diver. With no stores where I could feel bags currently open, I guess I'll have to buy a full case to make sure I get a proper distribution. :-/
    Or you can just buy a complete collection, if that's all you want.
    That's easy to do on Bricklink or BrickOwl.
    OK! Thanks a bunch guys & girl!
    I am a bit on the fence, should I buy an entire box or not, because I do want all of them, but a box is also a bit expensive. Sure doubles are nice, but all this money could also go to another Lego product, such as the new Medieval Blacksmith house for instance. If I am fortunate enough to get 3 complete series in a box, I might be able to perhaps sell or trade one series with another Lego fan. I already bought plenty of boxes in the past, and as a result I now have a huge stack of sealed CMF bags I don't really need (per sé).
    Guess I need a box :/
    snowhitie
    It really depends on how much a box costs you and how easily you can "get rid of" the other two collections that come in it.
    If you just want a complete collection of 12 minifigs, pm me and we can discuss values.
    TheBigLegoski
    Thanks, that is very kind of you. I ordered an entire box from brickshopdotnl, so it won't be necessary. Lets hope it contains three of each minifig (fingers crossed).
    jnscoelho
    So I received my CMF series 21 box with 36 minifigs in it, however mine did not contain three complete series.
    There are 4 Ancient (Jaguar Aztec) warriors, and only 2 Aliens, there are 3 of all other minifigs. Still I am an Alien short.
    Could be worse though. That Jaguar warrior looks so impressive with all the elaborate printing all over across all body parts, two exclusive moulded elements with more paint applications, the headdress has printing in 3 different colours.
    Still I would like to have some more of those aliens too.

Not sure which my favourite minifig of this bunch is.
    This series has a great line up, and contains many minifigs that I like a lot. It is easier to state which is my least favourite of the 12, and that is probably the peddle-surfer, which oddly enough I value more for all the minifig parts and accessories than the CMF as is, though it is not a bad CMF. Her surfboard is not a peddle-board, still the printing is nice, and she is a great addition to #60153 (City: people pack - fun at the beach). It would have been nice if TLG had included a matching pug dog with the pug dog costume guy, similar to Panda suit guy etc. I wish I had a hundred of those hermit crabs, what an awesome critter!
    snowhitie
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 782
    Has anyone seen a box breakdown for Super Mario Series 2? I hated feeling for Series 1. I got way too many duplicates.
  • timmeyhtimmeyh BelgiumMember Posts: 20
    Finished my first box (7 more to go)

Left compartment (front to rear):
    1 Space police guy
    2 Space police guy
    3 Space police guy
    4 Alien
    5 Alien
    6 Alien
    7 Beekeeper
    8 Paddle Surfer
    9 Beekeeper
    10 Paddle Surfer
    11 Beekeeper
    12 Paddle Surfer
    13 Airplane Girl
    14 Violin Kid
    15 Violin Kid
    16 Airplane Girl
    17 Pug Costume Guy
    18 Ladybird Girl

Right compartment (front to rear):
    1 Ancient Warrior
    2 Ancient Warrior
    3 Ancient Warrior
    4 Centaur Woman
    5 Centaur Woman
    6 Centaur Woman
    7 Shipwreck Survivor
    8 Cabaret Singer
    9 Shipwreck Survivor
    10 Cabaret Singer
    11 Shipwreck Survivor
    12 Airplane Girl
    13 Violin Kid
    14 Cabaret Singer
    15 Pug Costume Guy
    16 Ladybug Girl
    17 Ladybug Girl
    18 Pug Costume Guy

snowhitiestlux
  • timmeyhtimmeyh BelgiumMember Posts: 20

flord said:
    Has anyone seen a box breakdown for Super Mario Series 2? I hated feeling for Series 1. I got way too many duplicates.
    They were distributed as 2 complete sets per box. Same is for series 2 normally (should receive my boxes in the coming days).
    Fizyx
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,541
    seems like space police and ancient warrior may have been inverted in the box I found. wanted centaur and warrior and got centaur and space police from the front of the right compartment