Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Damaged Box Discount on Pet Shop (19218) at Woodbridge, VA LBR

mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
edited February 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hey everyone.. I've been lurking for awhile, but decided to join up to share this deal. I was just at the Lego store at Potomac Mills, Woodbridge, VA yesterday.. They had at least 10-12 Pet Shops marked down to $119 due to box damage.. Someone must have knocked over a whole pallet! :-) Obviously, this is a great deal for those that just want to build it, MOC, or get a bunch of good parts & don't need a perfect box. I picked up one for myself to MOC. For those that are into buying & selling, I imagine this price might allow for some decent profit down the road when the set is retired.

-Mike

Moved to Shopping USA by YC 2/5/12

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    For $8.50 more one can get a pristine box. One would get less for it down the road as well if one decided to sell it. Plus, you are tying up a good chunk of dough for a set that is not even close to EOL.

Good buy, however, if one is looking to build "now".
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    If you are building it, it's a great deal... I had a similar experience with Amazon.... Bought a Grand Emporium and got here all beat up... I took pictures and told them about it and ended up getting it for $105 including tax/shipping.... Since I'm building it, I don't care about the condition of the box...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    For $8.50 more one can get a pristine box.
    Where?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Assuming most people can secure a 10% discount + 5% VIP. Also, twice a year you could do 10% + 10% VIP double points. So then $120 for pristine box as opposed to $119 for a beat up box.

Rarely are the beat up box discounts very motivating.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    I build every single set I own, and keep nothing MISB. But I do actually care about the condition of my boxes.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    Well I wish I could secure the 10% discount, but I NEVER get coupons from them and I have a store within 2 hours of me
    Assuming most people can secure a 10% discount + 5% VIP. Also, twice a year you could do 10% + 10% VIP double points. So then $120 for pristine box as opposed to $119 for a beat up box.

Rarely are the beat up box discounts very motivating.
    Well that's not really apples to apples there. His damage box example was 20% off. I'm assuming it's VIP points on top of that. By "securing a 10% discount" do you mean the 10% off coupons that come with the catalogs?

I agree on the beat up box discounts not typically being motivating. They are usually only 10% off at my local store. I did score a Grand Emporium at 30% off once though - it looked like a forklift stabbed through the box. All the parts were there and unscathed though.
    Well I wish I could secure the 10% discount, but I NEVER get coupons from them and I have a store within 2 hours of me
    Same here - I have a store within 15 minutes, and have never reeceived the 10% off coupon.
    Same here - I have a store within 15 minutes, and have never reeceived the 10% off coupon.
    That means my chances of getting a coupon is 0%. I'm about 15-20 mins away from the LEGO store that is opening in the spring.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ You never know. I receive the coupon sometimes but not all the time.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    when i get my catalog, it always has the 10% coupon. problem is, I only seem to get my catalog about half the time
    ^ For whatever reason, I too miss out on some catalogs. This is really frustrating as I collect them.
    ^Not only do I have to contact LEGO about missing catalogs every time a new one is published, I am also missing the Club Magazine too.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    The last Club magazines I got was a year ago :( And well I had to ask someone to send me those. @Yellowcastle, do you have these with you as well?
    ^ Negative, only catalogs.