Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This is not lego is it?

RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,935
edited February 2012 in Collecting
I picked this up from ebay recently it was only £5. It was adverised as lego but the box it looked like lego. However before i leave feed back wanted to check it wasnt lego. it doesnt have any lego markings on the peices nor does it feel like the good old quality lego

Comments

• LambringoLambringo Member Posts: 104
    I think it's called"enlighten". 100% not lego. Usually they advertise as lego compatible and not as actual lego so check the ad before leaving bad feedback
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,935
    yeah I was not going to leave bad feed back as it never said it was lego technically. Just was building blocks which i assumed was lego :-D. not great quality
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Yep, its the knock-off Chinese "LEGO." Open a case with eBay and get your money back!
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 814
    Yeah, it's illegal to sell in the USA, at least! Copyright violations on the box art, not to mention that the minifigs and possibly other elements violate trademark and/or copyright laws. They're therefore an interesting novelty, but supposedly REALLY low quality.

DaveE
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Some pages of the instructions on larger sets also seem to be exact copies of LEGO instructions. I bought a small set a while ago just to really compare the quality. Pretty bad. But it did have a nice chrome sword.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    We see a LOT of the LEGO copies over here in my region. People who are not aware of LEGO are pushed to buy these cheap knockoffs and even at higher prices. The quality is nothing compared to LEGO especially the mini figures, instructions are close copy of LEGO but one thing lacks which is the Clutch power of LEGO :)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,935
    @davee123 yeah it is really terrible quality feels horrible.

It is a basic rip off of the set it is representing http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6036-1. with the instructions the same.

I may well keep it as a curiosity. Im not sure what the UK laws are about these but he doesnt mention it being lego at all.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^^ Wow, LEGO could easily sue them. They basically copied the set!
    yeah it is exactly the same. Thats why i though it was lego when i bought it. Im not sure they care really as no where seems to stock them
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Its been mentioned before I think, but the Black Seas Barracuda knock-off is pretty blatant! And by calling it 'Black Pearl' they've copied another brand as well.

http://giftzaus.com.au/images/uploads/Pirate_Series/Enlighten_308_Pirate Series.jpg
    wow that is really blatent. Surely lego must want to do something about it. If they are making nothing but old sets.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,021
    As a reminder to all, discussions on competing brands are not allowed. I'm going to close this thread. Please feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,021
    As a reminder to all, discussions on competing brands are not allowed. I'm going to close this thread. Please feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.