Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Visiting Denmark and Lego House

BeauBricksBeauBricks The NetherlandsMember Posts: 17
It is finally the time for me, visiting Lego's home town next week!

We will be touring through Denmark as well, but the highlight will definitely be the Lego house. Are there, besides the obvious Lego House sets, any interesting sets and exclusives still for sale? I especially hope that they still have the duck set =)

I have heard that LopLet has been closed, sadly. Are there any alternatives somewhere? Would love to browse vintage and rare sets, even though it will probably be too expensive!

Thanks!

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,211
    In terms of shopping when you’re in Billund, The Lego Store in the Lego House will have all the other exclusive Direct to Consumer sets (as long as they’re not sold out), as well as the House exclusives. You’ll also want to keep hold of your Lego House polybags where you can, such as visiting the restaurant and the bricks you get on exiting the House experience. If you’re going with kids you might be able to persuade the staff to get a few extras.

If you’re willing to go into Legoland Billund (I assume it’s open) there will be exclusives there too, but they’re exclusive to any Lego Park rather than Billund specifically, such as Legoland Castle, picture frames and miniature park layouts. You’ll want to keep an eye out for polybags there too.

There were a few other shops that sell Lego in Billund, but i’m not sure if they’re all still in operation.

I’m not sure what the limitations on activities are in the Lego House right now, but I have seen other people going there in the background of the Archive/History tours so hopefully you’ll still be able to do most things.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,702
    There's a new magnet and keychain available there this year.
  • BeauBricksBeauBricks The NetherlandsMember Posts: 17
    Can you visit the Legoland shops without paying for access?
    If I can get multiple, I could get some key chains for other bricksetters.
    Will be in the Lego house this Tuesday (11th)
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 328
    edited August 6
    There's also Loplet just outside the centre of town where some locals sell old Lego on consignment but it's random what there if anything - you can find it on Google and here https://loplet.dk/eng-flea-market-billund website is still up so not sure as per your comment if it's closed

Legoland shop is inside Legoland, there is no access from outside so you need a ticket.
    KungFuKenny
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 328
    Update: Loplet website (once translated) does say it's closed
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 879
    I'm not sure if it still applies but Legoland did allow free access after 4pm giving time to visit the shops and a quick visit to the park.
    KungFuKenny
  • MextenMexten MexicoMember Posts: 66
    It is important that you buy your tickets in advance on their website as they have only a limited number of tickets. Went last week and the new magnet is really nice and so is the duck. Also went to a couple of second hand shops in Billund but no luck on finding any Lego.
    KungFuKenny
  • BeauBricksBeauBricks The NetherlandsMember Posts: 17
    The Lego house was absolutely amazing. Thank you @huw for the keychain and magnet tip.
    Unfortunately, I haven't checked if the Legoland park was open after 4pm.
    Due to the virus, staff is cleaning the building throughout the day and there are disinfectant pumps everywhere. I had the feeling there was less Lego to build with, but it definitely was more than enough.
    My haul is pretty sizeable, I never expected to bring so many goodies back! The second hand shops had nothing, but I went to talk with some of the locals and received some great tips.
    Thank you all for the help!
    pxchrisFizyxMextenKungFuKennyCymbeline