Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Elsewhere] Amazon.it: #10212 Imperial Shuttle at 155£ / 186 Euro

AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
edited February 2012 in Shopping Elsewhere
Not a bad price at all, I ordered 2 and 2x10215 also..
Shipping was 31 EUR but with 4 sets ordered I was able to save a little bit..

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,261
    Link below :

Amazon.it - LEGO Star Wars 10212 Imperial Shuttle (TM)

I so nearly pushed the button on this....might still do so !
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    ouah! that is a good price! thanks for the heads up!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    yep, my second foray into SW is on the way.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    edited February 2012
    help!
    can I log on this branch of amazon using my normal uk amazon password?
    what is the risk of using this? would it be a nightmare to return?
    whats the packaging like
    I need help!
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited February 2012
    Fantastic - thanks for heads up - have been looking for an opportunity on this set for ages.

I also picked up a 10231 Shuttle which didn't seem to add to my postage (only €20.4 - bargain) so worked out about £63 in UK terms.

^ @richo - I've ordered from amazon.de and service was excellent - well packed etc - I'm hoping the amazon buyer promise / protection (as discussed elsewhere) stands up here.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    edited February 2012
    Thanks guys! Help me retire this set so I can sell it at double the price :D

^ I don't think there's a risk involved. I guess these items are not actually in Italy anyway . I believe they all originate from a warehouse in Germany. When I was in Italy several times by tracking the parcel they seemed to come from there..
    hmm, what a toughie. really thinking about this, but I really want to try to stop buying stuff for at least a month. so many deals constantly!!!

it certainly won't ever be cheaper than this.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    So tempted to get another.
    I am still nervous about the return situation if the box is mashed. Even using translation, I can't read everything on the site.
    @richo I'm Italian, if you need help about some sentences, I can translate them for you.
    I speak a fair bit of italian too
    Ive ordered from all the european amazons, all have been great.
    I'll think about it until tonight. If it's gone thats my fault.

So many good deals on sets floating about. It really is the buying season.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    dang. was doing so well with selling not buying!
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    That's me getting kicked out then.

I'm sure this has been said before, but at least I'll be able to build a roof over my head with my collection. Not sure how I'll manage the central heating, though.
    Can I just point out that it was me who made this happen by tempting fate :) ....

My new years resolution #2 was:
    "2. I will continue to resist star wars entirely (even when I see the imperial shuttle 25% off)"
    (in www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/38322)

Guess I didn't plan for 33% off!
    Ahh a week ago I had ordered a Death Star (to build, for my 30th birthday at the end of the month) since it was listed as having double VIP points.. Wasn't expecting this too. But this time, thanks to this site, I am considering the second one as a guaranteed investment. Someone, someday is going to thank me.. Not his wallet, though :D
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    I recently ordered the Imperial Flagship and The Burrow from amazon.it. The IF was on backorder to be shipped a few weeks later. They sent an email charging me for The Burrow. Then, a couple of days later, they sent an email refunding me for The Burrow. Then, they sent an email cancelling the IF order.

I was able to decipher all this by Googling "Italian to English", finding a translation site, and then copying and pasting the relevant email phrases to that translation site. You can even use this later to figure out how to get out of the auto-emails amazon.it then sends you on all kinds of product advertisement...

Good luck on your Shuttle!
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    @SDSUK Can you wish for a rerelease of 10179 please?

"I takes my UCS very seriously"

(You have to do this in your best welsh/Nessa accent)

I was complete until a few years ago, even bought a load of SE Naboo fighters to MOC up a Royal Naboo Cruiser (Mmm, chrome parts..)
    @giraffefreckles now i'm worried :)
    It did report that 8 of them were still there... so unless others were faster than me there should still be a good chance to get them.
    To the others: how many did you order? What does your order status say? Mine says 'in spedizione' which means 'about to be shipped'.
    I think I am being good and leaving this for the moment. I have spent too much lately and need will power. I have several sets still not opened that I need to build that are queuing up in line! I almost feel a little punch drunk on lego at the moment.
    "Ti comunichiamo che i seguenti articoli sono stati spediti" (We inform you that the following items have been shipped)

So they _are_ real this time!
    I ordered mine at the start of the week.
    "In spedizione "

great!
    one of my colleague said to me this morning, would be nice to get that one at some point, i said yes!
    and a couple of hours later, bam! this news! ordered 2...one for him and one for me ;)

Thanks @AvengerDr
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    @AvengerDr. Well, a part of me was thinking I should save my money for other things, but I couldn't pass up on the great deal on the IF, and it seemed to be my last chance to get the Burrow at retail. So, with that little bit of karmic thought, I wasn't surprised the order became unfilled. :) The Imperial Shuttle has better inventory stats right now, in general, so you all were/are in lesser danger of cancellations. I'm glad amazon.it is pulling through for you.

Wait, I'm remembering now that amazon.it claimed it couldn't send me the Burrow because they couldn't send to my address. It's the same darn U.S. address amazon.com has on file. So, I looked at my original email, and it said:

Ti comunichiamo che i seguenti articoli sono stati spediti

(Hey, isn't this what Si got?) Then, 3 days later, refund! Well, um, I say, old chaps, good luck again! I'm rootin' for you!
    It looks like they updated their inventory. Now it's back at 245€ from a third party seller. So we,ll probably know in monday ho got their orders fulfilled.
    I feel strangely relaxed at missing out on this. Need to save money!
    I just received a message from Amazon.it saying that the shuttles are on their way! Interestingly enough they seem to originate from Milton Keynes.. If so I should ask for a discount from Amazon. Unless they are purposedly omitting the location of the secret Amazon underground Lego vault..
    edited February 2012
    Its very common that the UK portion of the journey only shows it starting from the point where it was logged into the UK depot, it doesnt mean it came from there.

PS, its back at the low price again :0)
    ^ I really wish you hadn't told us that.

:-)
    its ok, i just bought the last one nyahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
    there were 6 left before I posted, 2 left just 5 mins after I posted, and I got the last one about a minute after that. jeepers!
    Were you able to buy more than 2? It still shows that they have 8 left in stock.. Did they find a secret stash? :D
    really? can you get through the checkout with them? it was removing them at the final confirm stage before.
    edited February 2012
    maybe it remembers how many you purchased previously...
    it changed my basket from 25 to zero, and said:

" Ci dispiace. Questo articolo presenta restrizioni sulla quantità di acquisto. Abbiamo modificato la quantità di acquisto portandola al massimo consentito."
    "We're sorry. This article introduces restrictions on the amount of purchase. We changed the amount of purchase bringing the maximum allowed."
    Yes apparently on this and other lego items they put a purchase limit. I was not able to order more than two. I guess one could use multiple accounts to overcome this limit but I don't think that's really reccommended...
    I wish you guys hadn't told me this. Still thinking.

ps: no way would I create multiple accounts specifically for ordering from what is in effect an Italian website!
    @richo What do you mean? That since it is italian it's not trustworthy? :/

It's amazon! Not a family owned website.. If anything should happen, it's Jeff Bezos' fault ;)
    edited February 2012
    haha, good point! I think I meant more about I sort of think there is a touch more risk ordering from the Italian version than the UK version, as for a start I am having to do an auto translation that doesnt translate everything.

Let's put it this way, if this was Amazon UK, I would be all over this like a cheap second hand suit.

You're talking me in to it!
    Do it, do it.
    Its been while since we've had a buying frenzy :)
    Maybe this page can persuade you! :D
    ^LOL!

my order from a couple of days ago is also on its way!
    yeepiee!
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @richo Don't hesitate and pile in. This set is special.
    @kevbags,

I could only pile in for one! It would be more a knock at the door I think. :-)

rich
    My two were also confirmed shipped today.

Tell me if this is a daft question, but should we be dubious about the MK origin? I know it's where Amazon's warehouse is - but no risk it is from the TLG store?
    edited February 2012
    arghh, there is only 1 left.

@luckyruss, what do you mean about dubious? Presumably can't be a scam if delivered and fulfilled by Amazon themselves!? Can somebody confirm this?

rich
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    @luckyruss and @richo: My Amazon.es order appeared to ship from MK, came in an Amazon box and I've ordered a couple of times from [email protected] since without a problem. So no need to worry that it's not on the up-and-up; just worry about your bank balances :)
    @lostintranslation - thanks, you can never be too sure these days and that does make me feel better - and I'll be even more so once they've arrived!! I've long since given up worrying about the bank balance, the only "up-and-up" is in the red numbers...
  • rasmustalirasmustali Member Posts: 85
    damn, how did I miss this :| :P
    @drdavewatford, did you go for it?