Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Winter Village 2020 - Holiday Speculation

Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,859
Well, I had originally planned on starting this thread in August to land a little bit closer to what will likely be the official reveal date in September, but in the end, I just couldn't help myself. Speculation has traditionally started in July. And, seeing as the Holiday Season is built on traditions, it only seemed right! 

Here is a breakdown of the previous sets and the leak/reveal dates (originally compiled by user Toymaker). I've added last years information too: 

10229 Winter Village Cottage on August 5
10235 Winter Village Market on July 13 (at Toronto BrickFête)
10245 Santa's Workshop on August 9 (at San Francisco Bricks by the Bay)
10249 Winter Village Toy Shop on August 18
10254 Winter Holiday Train on August 11
10259 Winter Village Station official LEGO announcement on August 22
10263 Winter Village Fire Station official LEGO announcement on September 9th
10267 Winter Village Gingerbread House official LEGO announcement on September 12th

The last couple of years have been very light on LEGO leaks. The Fire Station had a few teaser images that came out before the official announcement, but LEGO held the secret pretty closely. Last years Gingerbread House was also not officially leaked, though there were pictures of the Gingerbread figures out for a few months prior, leading many to speculate that the set would eventually be revealed as a Gingerbread House. 

So, here we are. The 2020 Holiday Season "just" around the corner. Time for some speculation! Who knows what it will be? If you correctly guess it before the official announcement, you'll earn an extra "Like" for your post. Talk about exclusive bragging rights!?

I'll kick things off with a guess or two. As we haven't seen a remake in awhile, I think we're likely to see a Cottage remake. Not only do I think this is likely just because of the cyclical nature of some LEGO sets, but with the vast majority of the world being confined to their homes, I think it could be a fun opportunity for LEGO to celebrate the Home and Family. 

My less realistic guess is a Winter Village Used Car Lot. I dont' know about you, but my village could sure use a bunch more over-scaled vehicles driving around!
KungFuKennymustang69evantylerbpk2300Cymbeline

Comments

• panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 408

Winter Village Lighthouse

Winter Village Helicopter w festive landing pad

Winter Village theme park water ride.

serious guess, Winter Village town hall.  

KungFuKennymadforLEGOgmonkey76msandersBumblepants
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 129
    I would be happy with a re-issue of either the Cottage or Village Market sets.  I started with Santa's workshop & The re-issue of the Toy Shop so I missed out on what came before those.  Not a fan of Lego Cars so a Used Car lot definitely wouldn't be on my list of wants.  The City Advent Calendar looks quite boring to me this year and will be on my list to pick up at deep clearance only.  I'm hoping they come up with something special for the Holiday set that is more definitively holiday themed than a holidayed up city build.  The boring AC hopefully doesn't hint at a boring city type build. 

An Elf manned Factory might be interesting.  They could have a toy factory, ornament factory, tree factory or light factory or a combination of any of these. 

Or to be really Awesome I'd be super happy with either a Medieval Castle Christmas set complete with holiday lights hanging from the castle turrets or a Pirate Island Christmas Holiday set with palm trees fully trimmed with lights & ornaments. One can dream big!
    Switchfoot55panchox1gmonkey76CymbelineSilverLove
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,103
    We are vacationing in Colorado, so the first thing that comes to mind is “Winter Village Cannabis Dispensary”... This will help to calm the masses of villagers who are still worked up about the V-22 Osprey debacle...

I seriously hope it is not a repeat/re-release... Lego has hordes of creative designers and I’m sure they have a long list of creative ideas to choose from.  I like the coffee shop/cafe idea, and some of the “Hot Chocolate” factory MOCs out there are quite nice.  I’ve also seen some nice farmhouse models which could take the village in a more rural direction.

BTW, I’ve been wondering how long the Winter Village topic would take to appear, @Switchfoot55 !
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76CymbelineFizyxandhe
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,639
    I say this every year, but the Winter Village needs some realistic things that aren't normally represented, but which are either crucial to a properly functioning town/village, or are very overlooked.

Winter Village Sewage Works

Winter Village Abattoir

Winter Village Landfill site / Incinerator

Winter Village Breathalyser Test
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76FizyxGothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyLegoEveryone
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 466
    I'd be down for a WV Town Hall. As far as a Cottage, I'd prefer a different look just so there is some variety in the neighborhood but I'd also be good with a "rerelease".
    panchox1evantylerFizyxKungFuKenny
    evantyler said:
    I know I say this every year and it never happens, but...how about an old-timey Winter Village Mill?

I have admired that pic before- if LEGO doesn’t make it then I may have to have a go at MOCing one myself...
    panchox1evantyler
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 772
    Winter Village Quarantine Cabin
    madforLEGO560Heliportgmonkey76msandersFizyxandheBumblepantsKungFuKennyLegoEveryone
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    I would be happy with another cottage design I do not see a need to redo the original.
    gmonkey76
    We are vacationing in Colorado, ...

Really? Where abouts if you don't mind me asking?
    An Inn or a hotel would be cool.
    Switchfoot55
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,859
    I'd be a big fan of an Inn. I'm also anxious for a Town Hall of sorts. A ski chalet or log cabin would also be great additions.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennygmonkey76CymbelineevantylerFizyxandhemustang69eMJeeNL
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,929
    My guess is a Winter Village Nutcracker Factory.
    KungFuKenny
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    edited July 31
    I'd be a big fan of an Inn. I'm also anxious for a Town Hall of sorts. A ski chalet or log cabin would also be great additions.

I would have said inn, but technically we have this: #60203  Actually, after looking at it, it is not really a resort building, so actually an Inn would be a good idea.. Maybe with a stable like @Blockwork_Orange said.
    gmonkey76evantyler
    panchox1 said:
    We are vacationing in Colorado, ...

Really? Where abouts if you don't mind me asking?
    Breckenridge — We have a family tradition of heading to the mountains as soon as the high temps get ridiculous back in Austin!
    panchox1
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,468
    I would say inn too, it's the first christmassy thing that haven't been done that came to mind.
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 80
    I think that a sweet shoppe would be a great addition but I don’t see that coming this year straight after the gingerbread house. I would love to see a town hall or inn. Another (different) cottage would be good, perhaps called a winter family home, or a small farm. 
    evantyler
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 977
    Winter village (Swiss) Chalet. I know that one was not approved for Lego ideas, but may be they had something in mind already. 
    andheBumblepantsFizyxpanchox1
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,371
    Winter Village Pub or Beer Garden would be fun but never going to fit their standards. Maybe if they put orange RESCUE stickers on the side though? Hmm...
    andhemsandersKungFuKennyFizyxbricktuarybpk2300
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 983
    This release is the highlight of my year. It’s become one of our traditions and we will buy it, even if it is a sewage works!

I really don’t mind what it is... I love the village feel but I also like the sets that don’t quite fit the village too. Santa’s workshop is my favourite set ever.

My guesses:

ballet show of the nutcracker suite

christmas pyramid (not the Egyptian sort!)

Both would have mechanisms for minifigures to rotate.

mustang69LegoEveryone
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 350
    It’d be fun if they went meta and had a giant (to Minifigures) advent calendar like some towns do.
    panchox1SilverLove
    Someone has posted on Eurobricks that they heard a rumour it will be an Elf Clubhouse.
    KungFuKennyFizyxCM4S
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 539
    How about a Winter Village bed and breakfast with printed pancakes? That'd be fun!
    mustang69panchox1eMJeeNL
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,639
    WhiteDove said:
    Someone has posted on Eurobricks that they heard a rumour it will be an Elf Clubhouse.
    Y'what?! 🤨
    CM4SBumblepants
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,859
    You know, an Elf Clubhouse? The place elves keep all their clubs. 

The last three years, EB rumors have not held to be true. At least from what I recall. But a big Elf Workshop would be a fun addition with Santa's Workshop and the Gingerbread house. 
    CM4SBumblepants
    You know, an Elf Clubhouse? The place elves keep all their clubs. 

The last three years, EB rumors have not held to be true. At least from what I recall. But a big Elf Workshop would be a fun addition with Santa's Workshop and the Gingerbread house. 
    Personally I hope that it isn’t true. I am very much hoping for a quaint “real life” village building...
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    Winter Village Protest
    Winter Village Mask Factory
    Winter Village Covid Test Site?

Serious:
    Winter Village Chapel (with optional Village  Hall conversion for the non-religious winter celebrations)
    LegoEveryone
    This sort?
    560HeliportCymbelineWhiteDoveRonyar
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 853
    SirBen said:
    This sort?

I like it! Complete with circling harpies and helicopter blades for a fast escape, can't get better than that.
    560Heliport
    ^^ yes - that sort of Christmas pyramid.
    @SirBen whose is that? 
    edited August 1
    LuLego said:
    ^^ yes - that sort of Christmas pyramid.
    @SirBen whose is that? 
    It’s mine. I had the idea for a while, but had a little trouble getting the center geometry right. When the hexagonal Nexoplate was released, it provided the perfect core piece.

I have a video of it on Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/235UtWy
    WhiteDove
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 530
    Really looking forward to this year’s set. Good all the new D2C sets aren’t to my liking, so funds are to be available to expand the WV.
    actually, I’ve got 5 sets/MOCs (by Inkling and Charles Pritchett) planned - should keep me (and my wallet) busy enough.

little tip to all WVers: when checking out the Monkey King Mech on New Elementary, my first though was ‘wow those new Gold pieces would be pretty in my WV’. So I went to BnP to check the prices. I’d advise all of you that are of similar interest in those pieces to do so too.
    That’s all I’m gonna say about it...
    KungFuKennybricktuarySwitchfoot55
  • Lego_the_HuttLego_the_Hutt Member Posts: 9
    Id like a winter village sled hill/ski slope.  A small hill/bunny slope with some sort of chair lift as a play feature.
    That could lead to a winter village ski lodge the following year similar to how we got the holiday train and then the station.
    WhiteDove
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 477
    Winter Village Helicopter?

Seriously though what I'd really like to see is a little WV Theatre, where the villagers can put on a cute little Christmas show, and that I can then MOC into a pantomime. 
    Fizyx

Seriously though what I'd really like to see is a little WV Theatre, where the villagers can put on a cute little Christmas show, and that I can then MOC into a pantomime. 
    You should check Inklingbrick’s MOCs, might this not be this years set!
    bricktuarythenosKungFuKenny
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 477
    eMJeeNL said:

You should check Inklingbrick’s MOCs, might this not be this years set!
    Oh wow, they are great. Come November when I finally get my sets out of storage, I'll be MOC'ing a theatre for sure. And maybe a Ferris Wheel! 
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 48
    Why is it that when I read the words "Elf Clubhouse" I envisioned a harsh place where Santa sends any of the elf workers that are slackers or get out of line to be disciplined?

Either that or a twisted Christmas sandwich.  ;)
    560HeliportCymbelinegmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 278
    Lego Winter Village Department Store Black Friday Sale Stampede.
    560HeliportFizyxgmonkey76andhe
    Thanks for the link @SirBen
    It’s a beautiful build. I love the detail.
    SirBen
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 364
    Swiss style chalet with cafe/restaurant/hotel inside.
    LostInTranslationMCNwakeboard
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,962
    Yes, I would love a Swiss Chalet, or a log cabin style building.
    i could see a restaurant or cafe place (cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate), a bed and breakfast/Inn, or maybe a larger scale town hall center.

RogerKirkLostInTranslationModeltrainman
    As I mentioned, I would love a town hall type building but my worry is that it will be too small so that it stays in the price range of WV sets. Though I'd be happy to pay over $100 for a good size building in my WV.
    As much as i would love a WV-Town Hall, I suspect the Town Hall in the new D2C-City-set will make sure we won't get one for the WV this year.
    Switchfoot55
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 282
    I wouldn't mind a cafe. 
    I’d love a town hall but there’s no way I would buy that big city set and use that town hall in my winter village. So I’m not sure that TLG would think enough people would do that to warrant not releasing a winter village town hall in the same year? Also, regarding size of the building; the fire station is actually a fairly large winter village building - if you had the same piece count as that but much smaller side builds - say you had a tree but no vehicle or pond, and moved those pieces to the building, then you could have quite a substantial town hall for the same price. 
    mustang69SAMAEL64
    If they can have a helicopter in every other set then I don’t see why they can’t have a town hall in the WV line at the same time as the City theme. Just my 2p.
    560HeliportBumblepantsandhe
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 350
    Ideal for me would be a town hall or inn. Of course, I only have the last few sets, so I would be thrilled with any re-release from before the train. I understand why that would disappoint a lot of others here though.
    panchox1
  • gmayesgmayes Jackson Heights, NYMember Posts: 2
    edited August 11
    I'd like a christmas tree farm with a big red barn, wood panel station wagon and old tractor with trailer for giving rides around the farm.
    LegoEveryoneNateMN2020KungFuKennyFizyxCymbelinemustang69autolycusModeltrainmanSwitchfoot55
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,929
    For a second I thought you were describing National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!
    560Heliportgmonkey76mustang69