Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney Lightening McQueen to fit minifigures inside?

ktsamktsam UKMember Posts: 21
Hi all, 

Can anyone tell me if there's a Lightening McQueen model that can fit minifigures inside?

I've got a vague idea of trying to recreate in Lego a photo of my sister where she's sat in one of the little Lightening McQueen cars on the ride at Walt Disney Studios in Disneyland Paris.

I already made a minifigure to resemble my sister so the next step is Lightening himself. Ideally, I'd like to be able to fit 2 minifigures in the car but I could workaround it if only one would fit.

Does anyone have any ideas of the best way to achieve my vision? I'm hoping to give it to my sister as a little extra birthday gift so it just needs to be a small model. 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions! 

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,117
    You could try reducing the size of the general build of #8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen as inspiration. The original is slightly too big for minifig ride scale.
    ktsam
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,725
    If you want just a small one, I'd be tempted to buy #8200 or the decorated parts from it. You could then replace the windscreen with a clear one and make / paint some eyes or you could cut the roof section off the windscreen part. It shouldn't be too difficult to extend it a couple of studs in length to include a seat for a minifigure.

Alternatively, you could use the windscreen part from Grem. You'd need to paint over the eyes to change their colour.
    ktsam
  • ktsamktsam UKMember Posts: 21
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a look at those sets and see what I think I might be able to make work 🙂