Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Unpopular LEGO Opinions

1303132333436»

Comments

• lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 653
    lowlead said:
    Social media is poison.

Social media is what we make of it....
    Correct!  And it's been made a reprehensible, hateful mess.
    You're a very eloquent and reasonable individual.  I thoughtfully read what you post, but on this topic I'll never be convinced otherwise.
    The app-based social platforms provide the average user a grotesque, perceived pathway to celebrity and notoriety, using Likes and Interactions (popularity) as currency.  These apps, in my opinion, fuel the basest human traits of our species and exploit this ever-expanding narcissistic tendency in us - like pouring gasoline on a flame.  It is the ugliest reflection of ourselves, and I feel ashamed for humanity because of it.
    I'm guilty of laughing at memes and animal videos, but I can do this while abstaining from places like Twitter, Insta, Tik-Tok, etc...  They're cesspools, not watering holes.
    arathemis560HeliportBrickchappvp3020daewooSilverLovebandit778JudgeChuck
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,352
    edited August 19
    ^For political posts, yes social media is a cesspool of misinformation.

But when it comes to LEGO, I find Facebook a wonderful place to discuss specific LEGO related items.  And especially a great place to sell your LEGO items on LEGO marketplaces there.  And there are hundreds of thousands of AFOLs on Facebook, spread across many of the LEGO Systems.

I posted a new thread last week on previously little known French mail-order LEGO sets.  On Brickset it got 100 views and 6 likes.  On Facebook the same post got 6426 views and 98 likes (on my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide page on Facebook, which has 3800+ followers).

So Facebook is a great way to discuss LEGO sets and parts, and one of the nice things is that you are dealing with a real person (90%+ of the time) and not some random alias.

Facebook is NOT a great place to discuss esoteric LEGO topics (besides sets/parts/gear), that discussion is best found on sites such as Brickset, Eurobricks, and to a much lesser degree Bricklink Forum.
    WesterBrickspxchrisMr_CrossiwybsSilverLove
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 328
    legobod said:
    I want to see less steps in the instructions to save paper

I covered shorter instructions a while back
    pxchrislowleadvanvonfullPhoenixioiwybsSilverLovepvp3020
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 506
    At least list the pieces needed for step 2....
    560HeliportWesterBricks
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 328
    arathemis said:
    At least list the pieces needed for step 2....
    Whatever is left over after step 1
    FizyxCymbelinearathemisdatsunrobbie
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,815
    edited August 20
    Phoenixio said:
    It's funny this topic came up, as a friend said something similar when he saw I had a booklet to build the castle.  He told me he was disappointed there were instructions and we weren't just building from the cover picture...

I guess it totally can be done for small builds or to replicate the façade, but there's no way in hell you can figure out whatever is inside the rock formations or even inside the buildings...
    You say that, but I know of at least two people that managed to reverse-engineer it before its release. One was on this very forum (the name escapes me).

Edit: it was @FollowsClosely
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 216
    andhe said:
    Phoenixio said:
    It's funny this topic came up, as a friend said something similar when he saw I had a booklet to build the castle.  He told me he was disappointed there were instructions and we weren't just building from the cover picture...

I guess it totally can be done for small builds or to replicate the façade, but there's no way in hell you can figure out whatever is inside the rock formations or even inside the buildings...
    You say that, but I know of at least two people that managed to reverse-engineer it before its release. One was on this very forum (the name escapes me).

But to which extent?  If I give you all 4514 pieces, you can put them all in the correct spots?  I highly doubt that.  But you'd be able to make the exterior because that's what we can see.  Probably figure out where the bigger plates go as well from the pictures.  And the more pictures you have the easier it gets.  But for sure there'll be places, like inside the rocks, where you have no idea of how to place the leftover pieces.
    560HeliportBrickchapJRBricksWesterBricksFizyxpvp3020iwybs
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,287
    edited August 20
    Remember when they put alternate build ideas on the back of the box? I tried so hard as a kid to replicate them, especially with bigger castle and space sets but often gave up. It was extremely difficult with how much you just can't see.
    On the Inside Tour our expert explained that the main reason TLG gave up on alternate ideas for non-Creator set boxes was that there were ‘a lot of angry parents that couldn’t get instructions for the alternate models’ and kept complaining to TLG. I suspect some earlier licensees only wanted their products depicted a certain way too though to compound this.

The back of the box models were only ever intended as inspiration or ‘serving suggestions’ but I guess for some people they were more needy.

As a kid, one of the things that I loved most about the space sets (think M-Tron, Blacktron, Ice Planet, etc.) was all the alternate builds on the back of the boxes, many of which I would cut out and save.  But it was really frustrating, because I was just never able to build them ever.  I had no problems building with directions, and no problem building from scratch, but as soon as it came to those back of box models I was stuck basically immediately because I felt the need to build it 'right' but was immediately stymied by the fact that the 'bones' of the builds were generally hidden.  Now, I'm definitely at least a little neurodivergant, and I'm sure that fed into the issue a little, but I definitely understand the frustration those models could cause.  (It definitely wasn't helped by the fact that they were WAY COOLER than anything I could ever build from scratch! :P)
    Now, I actually am not just telling this anecdote for personal reasons, but to tie it into what I think is either an unpopular opinion, or at the very least, an unexplored opinion for most people, which is that I do wish LEGO would bring back the back of box models... and include alternate building directions on the website.  I know the models were, like @The_Rancor said, for inspiration, but also they were generally really neat, clearly well thought out, and for kids that are really just getting comfortable thinking outside the box, a potentially really great resource for introducing new, potentially more advanced building techniques and giving a kind of 'guidance' on how they can use pieces to build in a different way than they have already used them (in the main build).  I think that one of the things that can be lost in a lot of the discussion around free building with LEGO is that creativity and the ability to use existing things in novel ways are absolutely skills that can be, to a certain extent at least, learned and trained, and for a lot of kids having these kinds of alternate builds could be really useful for helping to develop that kind of creative thinking.
    I would also point out that there is at this point a certain precedence for providing alternate instructions ALREADY by LEGO as well.  The most obvious is with the B model instructions for many of the more recent Technic sets (that have B models, at least), but most of the VIP members probably have also seen the alternate Art instructions in the VIP rewards as well.  But there's actually an even better precedent than that, which I'm not sure many people cared about or were even aware of, but that I definitely loved: For several years, some of the 3-in-1 models would have a 'secret' 4th build that could be found only on the LEGO instructions site for that set. I think those 4th models were just a perfect example of the kind of cool thing that LEGO could do now in conjunction with the back of the box models to make a lot of kids happy, while also living up to their values of being educational and highly inclusive of all kinds of learners.

Anyways, this has definitely reached essay length, and I know we just had a discussion about THAT too, so I'll leave it there as my 10 cents on the topic :)
    560HeliportlowleadWesterBrickspxchrisBrickchapSumoLegoIstokgiwybs
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 653
    The back of the box models were only ever intended as inspiration or ‘serving suggestions’ but I guess for some people they were more needy. quitters
    ...I'm kidding.  Sort of.  Growing up, I recall on many occasions I'd be goin' hard at the bricks and I would get stuck on something and ask Mom for help.  The response was almost always, "I'm sorry, hun, Mom's busy.  You have to figure it out for yourself."
    That may have stung a bit at the time, but in retrospect I'm glad she pushed me a bit.

@Fizyx *sigh* That was a slog, but I got through it ;)  Actually, it's a great topic, and here's a case in point:
    ^^This is an alt build of #8859 ...and I coveted it as a kid.  I thought this vehicle was THE COOLEST looking thing on 4 wheels - but at that stage in my building career, I had no chance of re-creating this from just a photo.  I still couldn't!!  Fast forward to the internet age and I finally tracked down some home made instructions that another fan mercifully created.

560HeliportWesterBricksFizyxBumblepantsiwybsOnebricktoomanySilverLove
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,102
    I too would advocate for alternate builds coming back to the boxes! That's one thing I've always loved about the more classic sets. Providing even basic/simplified instructions online for those as well would be a very welcome addition!
    iwybs
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 1,015
    I like the idea of something similar to the Creator 3 in 1 sets with their '4th' build, although I wouldn't put the instructions on the website. We need to encourage kids to use books. Also, when you're building its a lot easier just to keep reading the instruction manual rather than having to go to the computer (which for many kids is often shared with the rest of the family), locate the instructions, then awkwardly sit in front of the PC trying to build it (maybe some people have bigger desks then we did but after the keyboard there's not much space to build Lego).
    The alternate build suggestions were great, all Lego needs to do is include a 'BONUS' manual (they could make it bright and colourful, with bonus written all over it), with all the alternate builds.
    LOL Imagine if Lego did official alternate builds for the modular buildings! Just an idea, not saying we need that.
    iwybsPJ76uk
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 855
    Brickchap said:
    I like the idea of something similar to the Creator 3 in 1 sets with their '4th' build, although I wouldn't put the instructions on the website. We need to encourage kids to use books. Also, when you're building its a lot easier just to keep reading the instruction manual rather than having to go to the computer (which for many kids is often shared with the rest of the family), locate the instructions, then awkwardly sit in front of the PC trying to build it (maybe some people have bigger desks then we did but after the keyboard there's not much space to build Lego).
    The alternate build suggestions were great, all Lego needs to do is include a 'BONUS' manual (they could make it bright and colourful, with bonus written all over it), with all the alternate builds.
    LOL Imagine if Lego did official alternate builds for the modular buildings! Just an idea, not saying we need that.
    I always use a tablet for online instructions (either from LEGO or for MOCs), with its stand it takes up less space than a paperback! Leaves plenty of space on desk/table for the bricks.

If they started including alt builds for modulars then collectors would pitch a fit, as the rule of 3 would no longer apply - would need +4 sets as 1 set per build,  plus one to keep sealed and one just in case!I

On a serious note, I too miss alt builds on sets, used to love trying to build the alt builds on my classic space sets, never managed successfully but didn't stop the child me from trying! If they brought it back I'd be happy with online instructions, leaving just the main models instructions printed in the manual.
    560HeliportiwybsModeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,044
    lowlead said:
    daewoo said:
    ...I get why Lego did what they did though.  It might be far cheaper to give some free sets to some influencers than to buy ad space, and the return might be better as well.
    That's a good point, too.  I'm spring loaded to assume the worst with these types.  Social media is poison.

Exactly! I use Facebook for sharing LEGO builds, and church streams, but I find I'm better off barely using social media.
    Brickchap
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,395
    I have an Insta account, Facebook account, use Discord and Reddit every day. Every topic I see on these social platforms is exactly what I want to see. I block ads on mobile so those crappy 'promoted' stories never crop up, and by and large I'm happy with the content I am served. I stay away from politics and religion, and do not follow trends.

What I see can be broadly categorised as follows:

Lego content
    Star Trek content
    Star Wars content
    Marvel content
    Transformers content
    Films and TV news content
    Lego versions of all the other content

And some funny jokes.

What's not to like? I want to see Tim Goddard's latest X-Wing microbuild using the piece from the trench run set? It's on Insta.
    I want to look at some vintage castle stuff? Also on Insta and on the Facebook group I'm in.
    New Lower Decks trailers? Youtube.
    How did I find out about Prey on Disney+ being the best Predator movie since Predator? Discord.
    I want to see some creativity that doesn't fit the normal 'has to excite in less than 3 seconds' quotient of these apps (the time it takes to scroll past them)? Reddit has my back.

There's tons of great stuff out there - the trick is to keep your focus.
    ModeltrainmaniwybsPJ76ukSpeedman29binaryeyepxchrisKeilup
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,990
    pxchris said:
    I too would advocate for alternate builds coming back to the boxes! That's one thing I've always loved about the more classic sets. Providing even basic/simplified instructions online for those as well would be a very welcome addition!
    I don't know if instructions (even basic ones) would fully solve the issues that led to these inspiration model images being removed. Another factor is that generally, these inspiration models weren't subjected to the same sort of quality testing as official/primary builds — so even if LEGO had included full, detailed, instructions for them, the resulting models would often be finicky to assemble and/or too fragile to reliably play with once fully assembled.
    Heck, even in the 2000s, when themes like Exo-Force DID end up having full or simplified alternate model building instructions posted online, they'd sometimes end up including "illegal connections" that would damage parts or even make them impossible to disassemble.
    To fully solve these problems you'd pretty much need LEGO to subject the alternate builds to the same diligence and scrutiny as the alternate builds of present-day 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 sets. And at that point, they might as well go the final step and market them as actual 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 sets, with full step-by-step instructions in the box and/or online.
    I'm certainly not saying that would be a BAD thing — I'm always excited to see sets with multiple builds in other themes than we're used to! And it's definitely something I could imagine LEGO doing in the future for more of their sets, even if not for all of them. Already, I feel they're becoming more invested in alternate models (and marketing campaigns that emphasize rebuilding) than they had been 10 to 12 years ago. But that sort of thing does require LEGO to commit a lot more time and resources to each set than the sort of inspiration models from the sets we grew up with.
    iwybs560HeliportFizyxandhepxchrisLyichir
    edited August 22
    Phoenixio said:
    andhe said:
    Phoenixio said:

But to which extent?  If I give you all 4514 pieces, you can put them all in the correct spots?  I highly doubt that.  But you'd be able to make the exterior because that's what we can see.  Probably figure out where the bigger plates go as well from the pictures.  And the more pictures you have the easier it gets.  But for sure there'll be places, like inside the rocks, where you have no idea of how to place the leftover pieces.
    My point was more of amazement at those that were able to build what they COULD see, just from the pictures. Staggering.

If you can't see the insides, does it matter how you build it? I guess that was the point with the old 'back of the box' builds serving as inspiration. People have done some great work at backoftheboxbuilds.com recreating a lot of those vintage alt-builds, and some of it obviously has to be guess work.

Without doubt, modern digital building techniques have made reverse-engineering these things from singular pictures a lot 'easier', I'm not sure how many kids had the time or patience (or bricks) to build some of the alt-builds, or stuff from ideas books.

I remember as a child, once building the alt-build (with instructions) for #5590 Whirl and Wheel Super truck and it was a big deal taking the first model apart that I don't think I ever did it again. I couldn't even imagine taking apart #10305... which is a shame as it feels a lot of modern lego sets are more like brick-built model kits.

560Heliportpxchris
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,044

I remember as a child, once building the alt-build (with instructions) for #5590 Whirl and Wheel Super truck and it was a big deal taking the first model apart that I don't think I ever did it again. I couldn't even imagine taking apart #10305... which is a shame as it feels a lot of modern lego sets are more like brick-built model kits.

And see, this might be an unpopular opinion, but often times, I don't buy most LEGO sets with the intention of ever building the actual set. I literally bought #76155 for parts, and it's parted out, now. I've never even seen its movie. 
    560HeliportBumblepantsbandit778
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,434
     I've never even seen its movie. 
    You haven't missed anything other than not wasting 2.5 hours of your life. 

I agree though, I have a ton of sets I never built and just parted out straight into sorted tubs, including that red robot. 
    andheModeltrainman
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    I know this will cause a fair amount of debate but I really wish Lego would stop supersizing their AFOL sets when they don't need to be. @andhe said that he thought that lots of lego sets are now just big model kits and I agree. It feels like Lego are now more focused on creating impressive display sets than creating something that is right for the thing they want to recreate. The Hogwarts Express did not need to be that size, The Lighthouse should have stayed nano fig size. 
    SilverLove
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 775
    MaffyD said:
    How did I find out about Prey on Disney+ being the best Predator movie since Predator? Discord.
    OK, I'm gonna be that guy:  Prey is on Hulu, not Disney+    :P
    PapaBear
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 239
    daewoo said:
    MaffyD said:
    pssst... the UK doesn't have hulu, their stuff is basically all on Disney+. (same as in the Netherlands, I watched Only murders in the building, which is really good btw) 
    The_RancorMaffyDPDelahanty
    daewoo said:
    In the UK it is on Disney+, we never got Hulu here. I think Disney think there is only room in the UK for a few streaming services as we don't have the customer base the US does.
    andheMaffyD
    The Lighthouse should have stayed nano fig size. 
    I can't comment on the other sets you've mentioned, but why the hate on minifig-scale lighthouse?  It looks great and fits all the other modulars and modular-like sets like the Haunted House.  There's a big market for that.  Whereas a nano-scale lighthouse falls with the other Ideas sets that don't quite fit anywhere but as decorations/displays, without the appeal of minifigs populating it.
    WesterBricks560Heliportiwybspvp3020FizyxBrickchapBrickfan50SumoLego
    Phoenixio said:

I can't comment on the other sets you've mentioned, but why the hate on minifig-scale lighthouse?  It looks great and fits all the other modulars and modular-like sets like the Haunted House.  There's a big market for that.  Whereas a nano-scale lighthouse falls with the other Ideas sets that don't quite fit anywhere but as decorations/displays, without the appeal of minifigs populating it.
    You make some very good counter points and I agree that Lego will make plenty money off this at Modular size.

However, I feel like this still suffers from Lego's desire to scale up sets. This was originally submitted at Nano scale and achieved the votes based on this. Under Ideas original purpose this would show Lego new ideas and concepts and the votes were proof that there was a demand for this item. Abet with some colour changes or stability improvements. However, I feel like in this case Lego have decided they want to hit a price point and have stretched to make this fit taking it way beyond the original submission. This was always going to be marketed towards AFOLS and adults so I think that sets at this range are only really display pieces so it makes little difference if it is nano or minifig size from that point.      
    andhe560HeliportMextendatsunrobbieSilverLovePhoenixio
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,793
    Phoenixio said:
    The Lighthouse should have stayed nano fig size. 
    10,000 people voted that they wanted a nano-scale motorized lighthouse, NOT a minifig-scale lighthouse. 

Suppose Star Wars sets were eligible as Ideas sets, and a minifig-scale TIE Bomber got approved. Would people be happy when LEGO opted to release a constraction-scale TIE Bomber instead of minifig-scale?
    560HeliportRedbullgivesuwind
    10,000 people voted that they wanted a nano-scale motorized lighthouse, NOT a minifig-scale lighthouse. 
    But this is you subjectively assuming that the nano-scale was the important point, instead of the motorized-lighthouse.  We only see one side of the Lego Ideas process, and I'm pretty sure they test out ideas with some form of public first.  Especially with the amount of internet trolling nowadays, they'd be fools to blindly make a Morbius set, even if it gets 10 000 votes...

What would be a much stronger advocate of nano-scale sets was if more of them made it through Ideas.  So far it's been very few, if any, and they probably have some idea of the popularity of that scale with some of the NASA sets, the Harry Potter Hogwarts, and a few others here and there.  I doubt it's a coincidence they decided to switch scales, but you are more than welcome to advertise your support of nano-scale sets.
    560HeliportFizyxiwybs
    daewoo said:
    In the UK it is on Disney+, we never got Hulu here. I think Disney think there is only room in the UK for a few streaming services as we don't have the customer base the US does.
    Thank goodness. I'm already giving Amazon Prime a dirty look, and Netflix needs better content. Paramount+ can get lost too.
    RedbullgivesuwindGothamConstructionCo
    edited August 25
    MaffyD said:

Thank goodness. I'm already giving Amazon Prime a dirty look, and Netflix needs better content. Paramount+ can get lost too.
    We get Paramount free through sky. If I had to pay for it I would not think it was worth it at all. Although Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are both excellent.
    andhe
    ^ remaining slightly off topic for a moment - loving SNW and LD right now. Star Trek is going from strength to strength.
    I might be upgrading to Sky Q later this month so I imagine I'll get P+ included when that happens...
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 775
    Redbullgivesuwind said:
    And you call yourselves civilized?!? Said tongue-in-cheek, of course. Didn't know Hulu wasn't a thing there.
    Redbullgivesuwind
    MaffyD said:

We get Paramount free through sky. If I had to pay for it I would not think it was worth it at all. Although Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are both excellent.

I got a free week of prime, and apart from 'direct-to-video' Liam Neeson action movies it's seems like slim pickings. The Boys and Lower Decks were all it had going for me, and now LD has moved I imagine Amazon will try ring The Boys for every last cent (there's a spin-off in the pipeline).
    MaffyD said:
    ^ remaining slightly off topic for a moment - loving SNW and LD right now. Star Trek is going from strength to strength.
    It does seem to have gotten itself together after whatever Discovery was. I always felt Star Trek was a 25th Century version of the 18th century age of exploration with some adventure thrown in. SNW really seems to have captured that spirit again. 

daewoo said:
    And you call yourselves civilized?!? Said tongue-in-cheek, of course. Didn't know Hulu wasn't a thing there.
    We like to think we are civilised. Being actually civilised is 100% a different thing.
    andhe said:
    I got a free week of prime, and apart from 'direct-to-video' Liam Neeson action movies it's seems like slim pickings. The Boys and Lower Decks were all it had going for me, and now LD has moved I imagine Amazon will try ring The Boys for every last cent (there's a spin-off in the pipeline).
    The Boys is great though I have to sit down and watch season 3 as I have not had prime for a while. I only get it when they have the rugby autumn international games. I think they are hanging their hat on a lot of prexisting series. They made the Wheel of Time series that was fine and they have the new LOTR that is meant to be very good according to the reviews.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,479
    I might need to do another trial of Amazon Prime and binge watch the new LOTR at some stage. Although I guess they will crack down on free trials to stop people doing this.
    Redbullgivesuwind
    I'll be watching LOTR tomorrow with the gang - unless it's a 15 in which case my youngest will not be happy. But the rest will be fine.

I'm sure there's another thread for talking about TV shows people are watching... :->
    Redbullgivesuwind
    It's probably a popular rather than unpopular opinion, but LEGO should do LOTR sets again.

The unpopular bit - base them solely on the Amazon series. They (partly) did the movies before. They don't need to repeat what has been done before. Especially if they can weave in the origins of the Nazgul in the Amazon show, they might be able to do a Witch King minifigure, possibly the biggest omission from the original sets. Add in a few Gondor soldiers and I'd be happy.

Wishful thinking though, I know. If they were going to do them, we'd be seeing the sets now.
    pxchrisMarshallmarioFizyx
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,485
    Do we know if LEGO still have the licence for LOTR?
    There is certainly a lot of popular hype for LEGO to bring back some Middle-earth sets, but sadly I think it to be very unlikely.
    Perhaps if this season goes as well as folks seem to think it will then we could possibly see some sets next year? It would be very interesting to see if there could be some Amazon/LEGO collaborations for their Wheel of Time series as well.
    pxchris said:
    There is certainly a lot of popular hype for LEGO to bring back some Middle-earth sets, but sadly I think it to be very unlikely.
    Perhaps if this season goes as well as folks seem to think it will then we could possibly see some sets next year? It would be very interesting to see if there could be some Amazon/LEGO collaborations for their Wheel of Time series as well.
    Yeah, I think it is unlikely. If they are waiting to see if it is popular, it will be a ling time until we would see any sets given their lead times for design and production.

I know it is a different audience, but Amazon didn't really go for merchandising for The Man in the High Castle. Did they try to cash in on any other series they produced via merch sales? I'm a bit out of the loop on stuff they've aimed at younger adults or teens.
    I haven't really seen a lot of merch tie-ins for any of the Amazon series outside of some book covers and such. The Boys might be the one exception, but I think that may be due to the comic fanbase it already had.
    CCC