Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Haunted House available now!

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 1,692
edited May 20 in Brickset.com articles
Haunted House available now!

VIPs should now be able to order 10273 Haunted House at LEGO.com ahead of its general release on June 1st.

The 3231-piece sets is priced at £209.99/$249.99/€229.99 and can be ordered here.

Our review sample is on its way: we'll review it as soon as we can. In the meantime you can read the press release.

© 2020 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 51470

Comments

• eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 516
    Or not... am signed in, but can’t order it. Anyone who did succeed?
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 237
    same here, signed into VIP, can't order - but this happens a lot on VIP early access and it'll be orderable some time this morning.
    hmmm... hope so. Managed to order the Pirate Bay 23:50 before the earliest date, so then it did work.
  • PisceanPetPisceanPet UKMember Posts: 30
    9am - it's just become available!
    And there it is.
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 237
    yes, just ordered..... limit of 1, that's unusual. previous VIP early access have been limit of 3 or 5, wonder if this is due to stock/production limitations eg. not wanting to run out before 1st June full launch.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,165
    I have to say that I'm very unsure about this set at the moment. To me, it seems like a cross between a haunted house and a museum, with a ride bolted on.
    I'll wait to read the reviews, but I'm not sure I'll be adding it to my Fairground collection. I'd much rather (finally) add #10257 Carousel instead, if I can find it at a reasonable price.
    flightriskReesesPieces
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 114
    Unsure here too. Especially since I’m moving all the modulars from my display table to a shelf in order to make more room for the fairground.  #10273 just doesn’t fit in unless I move all the modulars back.  I did order it tho, just unsure where it’s going to fit in.  
    Wow! Ordered 10:10, shipping notice 19:35. That must be a record!
    Basty
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 291
    I was hoping for a GWP or some kind of promo with this release. Guess I'll wait till they offering something.
    MooreFX
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 829
    Unfortunately it's already out of stock in the NZ store
    @Jern92.  Might be best to wait for a better deal anyway.  The medium linear motor (of which you need 2 of) was on back order when I ordered and is now out of stock in the U.S.   So even when I get the Haunted House I won’t be able to run it properly.  
    Something tells me that back order and out of stock mean the same thing these days.  
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 330
    I want it but think i'll wait for a promo or double vip points. that coming up anytime soon?
    @panchox1.  Who knows anymore. I’ve been trying to find out how covid19 is affecting the factory and warehouse in Mexico.  From what I’ve read it’s hard to believe it will be opening back up June 1st.  So without it reopening, if there is a double VIP points promotion, there’s not much left to choose from here in the U.S.   
    As for a decent promotion item, the Haunted House is out of stock now.  If it goes along the lines of #21322 it might be a while before we see it again.  Depends on whether they held any back for the June 1 launch. Which is totally confusing because before it was OOS it was back ordered for two months.  
    More and more people are backing up the rumor that the factory in Mexico is opening up again June 1st bar some huge outbreak.   Additional LEGO stores are reopening this week also.   Will be interesting to see what they have on the shelves.  Doubt they’ll have #10273 or #21322
    Received shipping confirmation on all 3 power components for #10273.  Should have everything by tomorrow. 
  • Buddy4everBuddy4ever MAMember Posts: 1
    The Haunted House now says Out Of Stock, earlier it said back order. Does Lego do this with high demand items?
    The Haunted House now says Out Of Stock,
    I’m very interested to see if they held any back for June 1st. 
    earlier it said back order.Does Lego do this with high demand items?
    Cant answer that.  I don’t get to sit in their board room.  But if anyone from LEGO is reading this and would like my opinion on what to sell, when to sell and for how long, please contact me here.  please?  pretty please?   I know I can help.  💁
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 38
    The Haunted House now says Out Of Stock, earlier it said back order. Does Lego do this with high demand items?

It happens all the time with new in demand sets.  The Holiday Gingerbread House was nearly impossible to get for 2 or 3 months.  At least back then the Stores were open so I was finally able to get one from one of my two not really local stores as they were receiving small allocations each week.  It was a bit of a mess as store one called store two for me to see if they had any.  Store two misunderstood & thought I wanted the smaller GWP one.  They were kind enough to hold one from their next shipment for me & then send it to me after they processed my payment.  Typically the larger sets end up back ordered within a few hours of release.  Usually it takes a few weeks to a month to get a back-ordered set but once it goes out of stock it is typically several months before it becomes available to order again.  With everything shut down it's taking way longer.  I've had a large set back-ordered for 2 months now that was originally supposed to ship within a month.  I purchased a few other smaller sets that were back-ordered that shipped within less then a week though.
    @karrit.   Hmmmm.  After reading that I’m now wondering if I will be able to purchase a second set if it does come back June 1st.  I really hope so, this is a stand alone fantastic set but I’m already thinking about a larger base with two towers.  I don’t want to be a hawk about it but if I put off doing the build now, it more than likely will never get done.
    Guess I’ll know next week. 
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 38
    @flightrisk. I didn't order this one yet because I hope to maybe get double points & a nice GWP since it's a hefty price.  Hopefully if the factory does open up soon it will come available sooner rather than later.  That's why I didn't purchase the Gingerbread House day one waiting for the promos I knew were coming for the holidays.  I gambled and ended up having to chase it down.  Didn't end up having time to build it before the holidays so it will get built later this year.  I did buy Barracuda Bay on day one because I didn't want to wait around for it to come back in stock and I really had to have it ASAP since I've been waiting a long time for an awesome Pirate set.
    @karrit     I know it’s crazy isn’t it!  I normally wait for double points and promos also but this set had me intrigued.  To buy or not to buy.
      It might be the only new set I’ve bought at full RRP.  My family had me on LEGO lockdown for months though.  I was jonesing for a good build.  They let me buy the Rexcelsior at Easter (bless their hearts) and I really liked building it.  Was on the fence about the haunted house but now it’s on my top ten list of favorites.  So much so that I may pay full RRP again.  And I have no idea where to put it even. It’s crazy.  
    You were smart to get Barracuda Bay when you did.  I have the 3 POTC ships and #70618 is still in its box so didn’t think the BB was necessary.  I was wrong lol.