Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Searching for a Catalog/Ideas Guide

I am looking to see if anyone can lead me to a particular catalog/ideas guide. I remember a few details for it. I believe it was from the early-mid 90s, and it had inspiration images with a few step-by-step instructions for a few models. The largest inspiration I can recall was that of a large lake with a bunch of "town-themed" builds; space shuttle launch, marina, etc. On the bottom of the image was a black truck coming up a hill, a minifigure-scaled truck similar to Model Team 5571 (there were instructions in the manual to build this). This is all I can recall, hopefully someone will recognize this and be able to point me in the right direction.

Hopefully I have posted this in the correct place, this is my first discussion.

Thank you,

Comments

• BornacubbieBornacubbie Member Posts: 4
    I searched through those ideasbooks, but I'm certain it was in book dated after 1991 (the latest book I see in the archive here is 1991?)
    After more searching, I have found it! It is Lego Ideas Book 697, released in the US in 1997.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Member Posts: 3,713
    Do you have access to a copy? I could take photos of mine if you'd like.
    I found a PDF of it on oldinstructions.com, so I can view it there; however I appreciate your willingness to take photos. Thank you.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Member Posts: 3,713
    edited May 2020
    In looking at that photo... the black truck is in serious trouble! It's already lost one trailer, and appears to be sliding backwards! That Octan worker really ought to be using a cheese slope to chock the wheel, but it's 1997; they aren't being made yet!
    Bornacubbie
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Member Posts: 1,771
    Not having seen that book before, I really like that truck. Might have to knock one up now.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Member Posts: 10,755
    LEGO did such a great job with the idea books, especially those with the sticker sheets.